• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Get WM Credits by Exchanging other TS week into RCI

jrogersok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eric - yep -- I just got a two years for the price of one with II so looks like I'm going to need to go with it.
The free RCI account is for Travelshare members and is a points acct - resale members have to pay for their own RCI weeks acct.

And yes - you need an RCI weeks acct to use Exchange Plus or an II acct, and the resort you intend to deposit has to trade with that exchange network.

Also you need to do the math and see if the Exchange Plus option makes sense when you add up the dues for the resort and the exchange fees. From a price per credit ....

Jrogersok - sounds like a good reason to renew your II membership with one of the discount codes they frequently offer.

Your comment about resale members buying their own account -- we have a TravelShare account but are considering buying on resale to get more WM credits. If I combine my two WM accounts will I be able to use the resale credits in my TravelShare RCI points account for trades?

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Looks like a great option for you:) and congrats on your purchase. We have been thinking of purchasing more WM Credits via resale. Would you mind telling me where you purchased yours?

Lessons, lessons..... hope these help other tuggers out there:)

Best place to buy WM credits is via the WM owners forum. There are numerous posts on TUG about pricing (<.40 cents per credit--fully loaded--and ALL fees included). EBay or resellers will be higher. Careful about the account size you purchase--if you're not aware of beneficial account sizes. The inability to transfer HKT's is now significant as is the 2x limit on transfers. There are certainly reasons to have two separate (not combined ) accounts, but there are also good reasons to own one large account (namely, they can be very cheap to acquire).

Cheers.

Also..... Before buying a timeshare to deposit for credits, consider buying a WM account, stripping it and selling. If you're savvy, it can be beneficial. Not my cuppa, but probably better than some other options.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Your comment about resale members buying their own account -- we have a TravelShare account but are considering buying on resale to get more WM credits. If I combine my two WM accounts will I be able to use the resale credits in my TravelShare RCI points account for trades?

Don’t know the answer to that one. I believe the answer is yes, but just speculating.

Does anyone else know the answer?

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
In the past when Worldmark's developer was Trendwest there were some Worldmark resorts that shared inventory with the resort HOA. Eagle Crest, Running Y and Schooner Landing, Seaside and maybe some others were like this. Back then you could buy an Eagle Crest for $1.00 on Ebay and pay a $560 or so mf on a two bedroom unit, then pay $29 to Worldmark to receive 10,000 credits and a house keeping token, if I'm remembering right. This worked very good until Wyndham changed the rules on this.

Also, there are some facebook groups, three groups that I joined, that buy ,sell and rent Worldmark credits and units. It started with one group but it became very crowded so it is now three groups with specific topics. I see credits going for between 6 to 8 cents there. Because it is facebook you do kind of get to see who you are buying credits from but there is that same trust factor as in the WM forums that plays out.

Bill

Last edited:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
You can always use a cheap escrow closing service..... the last one I bought on WMO, the guy was friends with the local bank; the banker 'escrowed' the funds until Worldmark accepted the documents and confirmed the transfer. That was the cheapest closing in history. Great sale and made us both quite happy.

People play bigger hands at the poker table than the cost of some of these transactions.....just sayin

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Don’t know the answer to that one. I believe the answer is yes, but just speculating.

Does anyone else know the answer?

With my contracts , the one that has combined points is a Trendwest contract. The 10,000 points in this original contract are WM+A and the other points are WM. The original points can reserve at WM South Pacific and VI and the added points can only reserve WM.

I'm not certain about Travel Share but I think it should be similar regarding adding points.

Bill

jrogersok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best place to buy WM credits is via the WM owners forum. There are numerous posts on TUG about pricing (<.40 cents per credit--fully loaded--and ALL fees included). EBay or resellers will be higher. Careful about the account size you purchase--if you're not aware of beneficial account sizes. The inability to transfer HKT's is now significant as is the 2x limit on transfers. There are certainly reasons to have two separate (not combined ) accounts, but there are also good reasons to own one large account (namely, they can be very cheap to acquire).

Cheers.

Also..... Before buying a timeshare to deposit for credits, consider buying a WM account, stripping it and selling. If you're savvy, it can be beneficial. Not my cuppa, but probably better than some other options.
What is the WM Owners forum? What is the URL?

What do you mean by Careful about the account size you purchase?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
www.wmowners.com/forum. Also WM Accounts on EBAY.

You do not want to purchase an account so small that it is hard to book every year. A 6K Account will probably not get you anything other than a Studio or 1 Bedroom every year in off-season. But you don't want an account so large the MF's are high and you don't use all the Points each year. So it will depend on how much you intend to vacation each year, which Season, and what sized Unit you will most commonly need. Patti and I like 2 Bedroom Units even when we are by ourselves. They tend to be more spacious and give us somewhere to store our suitcases, snorkel gear, and hiking hear. Also they tend to have 2 bathrooms. Probably initially it is best to start with a 10K Point Account.

Remember once you have a WM Account you will be able to use Bonus Time, Monday Madness, and Inventory Specials. These are cash Reservations.

Last edited:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
What do you mean by Careful about the account size you purchase?

www.wmowners.com/forum. Also WM Accounts on EBAY.

You do not want to purchase an account so small that it is hard to book every year. A 6K Account will probably not get you anything other than a Studio or 1 Bedroom every year in off-season. But you don't want an account so large the MF's are high and you don't use all the Points each year. So it will depend on how much you intend to vacation each year, which Season, and what sized Unit you will most commonly need. Patti and I like 2 Bedroom Units even when we are by ourselves. They tend to be more spacious and give us somewhere to store our suitcases, snorkel gear, and hiking hear. Also they tend to have 2 bathrooms. Probably initially it is best to start with a 10K Point Account.

Remember once you have a WM Account you will be able to use Bonus Time, Monday Madness, and Inventory Specials. These are cash Reservations.

Geist1223 has some good advice, but that's not exactly what I meant....

Beneficial account sizes are in 5K point increments. So, 5k and 10K are good increments. 7000 points is the minimum cost-effective (MF's) and useable account size---if you only own a single account (IMO). See the cost (MF) per credit table below. Note: there are odd account sizes between 5,10,15 etc... see the actual WorldMark 2018 Maintenance Dues schedule for actual cost per account block (8000-10000 $829, 11000-12000 $986, 13000-15000 $1143 etc...)

Also, 2 WM accounts are more beneficial than one (IMO). There are MF penalties for owning 2 accounts vs 1.

Example (dated and stolen from ATOM on WMowners forum:

The basic thing to keep in mind is to have your account in 5,000 increments to maximize your MFs versus credits. http://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18121 A 5,000 account per credit, is cheaper than a 6,000 account. A 7,000 account (7,500 if is was possible) is the same MF as a 6,000 account. A 9,000 and 10,000 account has the same MF, so you would get 1,000 more credits per year, for the same annual cost with a 10,000 account. 7 5,000 accounts are better than 6 6,000 accounts. It would cost you an extra $300+ for the 6 6,000 accounts per year for 1,000 credits and you would have 1 less HK token.

2018 Maint. Fees for common ownership levels
  • 5,000 credits - $516(.103/credit)
  • 6,000 credits - $673(.112/credit)
  • 7,000 credits - $673(.096/credit)
  • 9,000 credits - $830 (.092/credit)
  • 10,000 credits - $830 (.083/credit)
  • 15,000 credits - $1143 (.0762/credit)
  • 20,000 credits - $1460 (.0730/credit)

There are several reasons why multiple accounts are a beneficial. IMHO the top 2 are BT and Waitlisting. You can have one BT reservation at a time per account and one Weekend Only BT reservation per quarter per account or each 10,000 credits. So 2 5,000 accounts can have 2 BT reservations at a time and 2 Weekend Only BT reservations per quarter versus 1 each for a 10,000 account. You can have up to 8 (now 4) waitlist requests at a time per account, so 2 5,000 accounts can have 16 (8) requests versus 8 (4) for a 10,000 account.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
In that we never use BT and only rarely use Waitlist we opt for 1 Account to save on MF's. Also I don't remember if anyone said it explicitly but MF's are set in 2,500 Point increments. So for example a 63K Account will pay the same MF's as a 65K account. We have a weird number 89K Point Account. It is weird because we pay the same MF's as a 90K and we would get another HKC. This came about from buying Points from the Developer and adding on several Accounts from Ebay.

jrogersok

TUG Member
Reaction score
In that we never use BT and only rarely use Waitlist we opt for 1 Account to save on MF's. Also I don't remember if anyone said it explicitly but MF's are set in 2,500 Point increments. So for example a 63K Account will pay the same MF's as a 65K account. We have a weird number 89K Point Account. It is weird because we pay the same MF's as a 90K and we would get another HKC. This came about from buying Points from the Developer and adding on several Accounts from Ebay.

Thanks for all the great I feel everyone. We have a 7K account but wished I would have purchased a 10K instead due to the MF’s and 10k would get us the type of room we like ( 2 bedroom). Hind sight is 20-20 in this case for sure!

Let’s say I could find a 13k resale account. Would it be possible to permanently transfer 3k into my current account and keep the other 10 in a separate account so I would end up with two 10k accounts each with one HK token?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great I feel everyone. We have a 7K account but wished I would have purchased a 10K instead due to the MF’s and 10k would get us the type of room we like ( 2 bedroom). Hind sight is 20-20 in this case for sure!

Let’s say I could find a 13k resale account. Would it be possible to permanently transfer 3k into my current account and keep the other 10 in a separate account so I would end up with two 10k accounts each with one HK token?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I think they call it a split and combine. I would expect that to take a pretty long time, as its the most complicated thing the transfer department can do.

You could also just purchase a 13k and combine them, and then you would get two HK in one account.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Yes, you can split, combine, split and combine. Costs $$$, limits on the number of events (1 per year?)

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you do Exchange Plus with II for Worldmark, or only with RCI? If you can do it with II, does the number points you get for a 1 bedroom/2 bedroom etc. depend on TDI?

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify - Yes you can deposit in II (The pdf link shows you can deposit in II or RCI) and No the season does not matter for II? (The chart on the linked pdf shows different values for red, white, and blue weeks - but II doesn't have red, white, blue...) (The week I am thinking of using for exchange plus with II is in the "red" season for RCI resorts in the same region, but is a lower TDI week in II - hoping I will be able to deposit an II only week!)