• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gay/Transgender Friendly Timeshares

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
The few gay couples I know go where they want and really don't care what others think. Same as most people.

The one thing I don't like is people making out or dry humping in public. It doesn't happen very often but when it does I'm usually the guy that says loudly " you should get a room, your grossing us out ".

Bill

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Laughing out loud. I don’t like that either. I am with you!

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
In case people are not aware, many LGBTQ individuals do not feel safe and accepted. It is nice to hear on this thread that Tuggers seem to be accepting. Most LGBTQ people probably do not speak openly about their fears to the general public. It is shocking to me that in this day and age that many people do not accept LGBTQ individuals. I have a close friend who used to be open but joined an evangelical community in South Florida and now condemns homosexuality. Non-acceptance and discrimination is the cause of a high rate of depression and suicide especially among transgender individuals. I know Tuggers here are sympathetic to the LGBTQ community and I am happy to hear this. I also hope you will understand that most people in the LGBTQ community are actually sensitive to signs of non-acceptance, although many have learned to cover it up and deal with it or avoid places where non-acceptance or hostility would be encountered. This is why I was asking about which timeshare locations were most LBGTQ friendly and which locations might be best to avoid.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I also hope you will understand that most people in the LGBTQ community are actually sensitive to signs of non-acceptance, although many have learned to cover it up and deal with it or avoid places where non-acceptance or hostility would be encountered. This is why I was asking about which timeshare locations were most LBGTQ friendly and which locations might be best to avoid.

Where I think timeshares might be an exception, compared with hotels, is that the guests generally are owners. (Yes, I know there are exchangers and guests, but by and large, it's an owners environment.) If the people staying there act respectably, they would be treated respectably. If a same-sex couple is comfortable with PDAs, then I support them doing the same anywhere they might be typical behavior for an opposite-sex couple. Fair is fair. Special treatment, or abuse of others, is unacceptable to me on all levels, and in every location. Kindness and respect for yourself, and for those around you, will win more friends than enemies, regardless of sexual orientation.

All that is a long way around to say, do what you are comfortable doing, and be respectful of those around you. To do otherwise is insincere. I strongly doubt anyone would have a problem with it.

Dave

classiclincoln

TUG Member
Reaction score
"I can recall a very award time at a timeshare after the last presidential election when the subject went to politics.

That'll happen anywhere with anyone!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In case people are not aware, many LGBTQ individuals do not feel safe and accepted - even in some parts of conservative California (sounds like an oxymoron doesn’t it but we do have conservative red pockets). It is nice to hear on this thread that Tuggers seem to be accepting. Most LGBTQ people probably do not speak openly about their fears to the general public. It is shocking to me that in this day and age that many people do not accept LGBTQ individuals. I have a close friend who used to be open but joined an evangelical community in South Florida and now condemns homosexuality. Non-acceptance and discrimination is the cause of a high rate of depression and suicide especially among transgender individuals. I know Tuggers here are sympathetic to the LGBTQ community and I am happy to hear this. I also hope you will understand that most people in the LGBTQ community are actually sensitive to signs of non-acceptance, although many have learned to cover it up and deal with it or avoid places where non-acceptance or hostility would be encountered. This is why I was asking about which timeshare locations were most LBGTQ friendly and which locations might be best to avoid.

I don't care for generalization... red/conservative vs. liberal states/pockets etc. What about those of us who are really moderates where we are socially liberal and fiscally conservative? How are we classified? I know this is not a forum for politics and this is not really a question and I am not asking for an answer or discussion otherwise the post is going to be deleted. But the world would be a much nicer and more peaceful place to live in if everyone is tolerant and accepting of everyone else's differences.

We went to ANA Inspiration (formerly called Kraft Nabisco) LPGA tournament (one of the LPGA majors) for several years and it is held yearly in Rancho Mirage at Mission Hills Country Club. We met many gay couples there each year and some of them are now my FB friends. I bring this up because in my earlier post we certainly came across a regular meeting/dinner of the gay community in the area at Westin Mission Hotel restaurant. I would assume that Westin Mission Hills, the timeshare, is just as welcoming to LGBTQ. We stay regularly at Westin Mission Hills.

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
conservative California (sounds like an oxymoron doesn’t it but we do have conservative red pockets).

I think it’s a bit unfair that you’re stereotyping a political group in the context of this thread. Having said this, I’m very much on board with not wanting to visit places that are not tolerant to LGBTQ people, even as someone who identifies as a straight male. I agree with others who have said that the region is more important than the resort itself.

I’m sorry that you have felt uncomfortable in the past, and will likely experience more uncomfortable situations in the future. It’s silly how some people are so invested in the different lives that others lead.

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
I edited my post and took out the phrase above since a few people took offense to the words. It was not meant to be offensive or stereotypical, just an example that even California is not always safe. But now you can imagine how LGBTQ people feel all the time about being stereotyped.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I edited my post and took out the phrase above since a few people took offense to the words. It was not meant to be offensive or stereotypical, just an example that even California is not always safe. But now you can imagine how LGBTQ people feel all the time about being stereotyped.
... hate crimes happen to both conservatives and liberals, and to anyone who is different from the attackers. We have gay friends who vote for "red" candidates and associate themselves as conservatives.

I get it that LGBTQ often feel unsafe. Just as I am concerned about my friends who are Sikhs and recently moved to Seattle from out of the United States. There are frequent hate crimes against the Sikhs because they are often mistaken as Muslims/Middle Eastern.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today, anybody who is 'different' than the mainstream, white, middle class, male seems to be (or has a well founded feeling) targeted. It shouldn't be this way, but that's the reality. I hope that this is just a temporary phase in the cycle of human relationships, but fear that some time may have to pass before humanity is fully matured. I pray for a time when all humanity can be recognized for what it is, humanity. With all it's variations.

Soap box: OFF.

Jim

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Folks - we are wandering off into politics here - please don't go down that road.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
In case you are interested, “2TravelDads” is a travel blog from 2 dads who share their experiences traveling with their children. It is well written and the pictures are nicely done.

https://2traveldads.com/

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
10 of the Best LGBT-Friendly Holiday Destinations
By Sam Ramsden/ Lifestyle/ Metro/ metro.co.uk

"Deciding on where to book your holiday of choice can be a stressful experience, especially for the LGBT community.

With negative attitudes and discriminatory laws still in effect in many places around the world, LGBT people often have different considerations when looking at where to spend a much needed vacation.

Some of the biggest cities and resorts around the globe are home to lively LGBT communities, many of which offer a mix of history, nightlife and culture that perfectly caters to LGBT travellers.

So if you’re looking for the perfect LGBT holiday destination, here are some of the very best:...."

Richard

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Celebrity Cruise Lines is very friendly to the LGBT community.