• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"FREE" Wyndham points contracts

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 29 small Wyndham points contracts ranging in size from 49000 to 154000 points deeded at various resorts that I am giving away to anyone willing to pay the closing and transfer fees

But there is a catch. These contracts have been stripped of points. All the 2015, 2016 and 2017 points in these contracts were placed into the points credit pool and are now in reservations. Your next points allocation will be for the 2018 use year. This is not as bad as it seems. You can get to the 2018 points in January 2016 and put them into the pool.

Also to at least partially make up for the missing points, For the next 6 months Ill rent to you at a deep discount...say at the rate of $3/1000points

This is an excellent opportunity to add to your Wyndham account to get you up to the next transaction fee break point, if thats an issue for you or over the minimum program fee.

another reason to have a small contract would be to add a name to your existing account.

Remember too that You will get an RCI account with a Wyndham purchase. This is a way to get access to RCI's last calls for a relatively small annual maintenance fee.

If you have an interest let me know and Ill send you a list as soon as I prepare it.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron ... could you sort of list the pile with point value?

And yes, that is a very good idea as to how to add a name onto a member number....

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for all 29 contracts to go to one person?

One or two or more . As many as you want I hope to have my list together tomorrow sorted by size resort name and mf

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron ... could you sort of list the pile with point value?

And yes, that is a very good idea as to how to add a name onto a member number....

That's my plan but I wanted to see if there was any interest before I put it together

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
Keep me posted as well...I could use a few more points.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 29 small Wyndham points contracts ranging in size from 49000 to 154000 points deeded at various resorts that I am giving away to anyone willing to pay the closing and transfer fees

But there is a catch. These contracts have been stripped of points. All the 2015, 2016 and 2017 points in these contracts were placed into the points credit pool and are now in reservations. Your next points allocation will be for the 2018 use year. This is not as bad as it seems. You can get to the 2018 points in January 2016 and put them into the pool.

I am beginning to think that people do not fully understand the implications (and total cost) of this full disclosure.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When would the next MF be due?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am beginning to think that people do not fully understand the implications (and total cost) of this full disclosure.

The total cost is the closing costs and wyndhams transfer fee...and of course what Im sure you are referring to...maintenance fees

As I said in my post..theres a catch, and its bad, but its not as bad as it seems.
but I understand that this is a case where free may be too expensive, except for the guy with a special need that one of my contracts will satisfy.

Your point is well taken. there is a cost that anyone considering one of these has to be aware of

Ill sweeten the pot by offering discounted rentals for two years to my buyers...say at $3/1000 points

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Assuming any reservations you make for the buyers at $3/1000 would also include any VIP discounts?

All Im trying to do is at least partially make up for the missing points in the contract.

$3 is a discounted price. I wouldnt limit my buyer to just the Platinum discount. (ie reservations made in the 60 day window.

If a reservation costs 200000 points and we figure average mf of $5.50/1000 that reservation if made outside the discount window, costs me $1100 plus the $100 guest confirm I would charge $3/1000 or $600

If the reservation is made in the discount window my cost is 100000 points or $550 plus the $100 guest confirm I would charge $3/1000 or $300

either way significantly better for a buyer than if the contracts Im selling had the points in them

I think what Ill do is just agree to give my buyers reservations at no charge equal to the missing points in what I sell them... So if someone buys a 105000 point contract with no 2015, 2016 or 2017 points. Ill give them reservations that total 250000 points and then we are done

No none of that crap... Ill give the contracts away and Ill pay closing and transfer fees. That will be simpler for me (and cheaper too)

Still thinking out loud

Forget it... Ill just keep this stuff

bpellis

TUG Member
Reaction score
No none of that crap... Ill give the contracts away and Ill pay closing and transfer fees. That will be simpler for me (and cheaper too)

Still thinking out loud

Forget it... Ill just keep this stuff

I wasn't trying to be difficult, just making sure there was an understanding of exactly what you were offering. I think there are a few ways these deals could be structured that would allow you to unload some of these contracts with no money out of pocket, and still be fair to the buyer. I am very interested, depending exactly what these smaller contracts are (where and MF). I think the offer to rent points at $3 was fair, especially if it would have VIP for within 60 days.

If you change your mind, I remain interested to see your list, and open to negotiate on exactly how the deal could be structured so everyone is happy.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to be difficult, just making sure there was an understanding of exactly what you were offering. I think there are a few ways these deals could be structured that would allow you to unload some of these contracts with no money out of pocket, and still be fair to the buyer. I am very interested, depending exactly what these smaller contracts are (where and MF). I think the offer to rent points at $3 was fair, especially if it would have VIP for within 60 days.

If you change your mind, I remain interested to see your list, and open to negotiate on exactly how the deal could be structured so everyone is happy.

Not only are you being difficult you dont understand the Platinum discount or at least you dont see how my offer to rent any reservation at $3/point is better than the platinum discount which is limited to the 60 day window.

I am happy to negotiate, but Id rather negotiate with potential buyers individually than with you negotiating for everybody

Understand that my fall back position is to just pay the mf on these contracts for another 2.5 years and then in early 2018 sell them with 2018, 2019, and 2020 points in them. Given whats happening to the value of Wyndham points,(they are going up if you havent noticed) the question you have to ask yourself is, will I do better buying stripped contracts now or fully loaded contracts in the future.

bpellis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not only are you being difficult you dont understand the Platinum discount or at least you dont see how my offer to rent any reservation at $3/point is better than the platinum discount which is limited to the 60 day window. /QUOTE]

[removed]

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
What's going on? Why are you doing this? Is everything OK?

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ron, are all of these with a January use year?

I'm looking for a July use year (or April or Ocotober).

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sent you an email...