• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free to a good home - 84,000 Wyndham Points

sbrogden

Reaction score
Still on the market - price can't get any lower. Bear in mind - if you have points with Wyndham, these can be used to provide you more space and/or time at a given resort.

hapstersmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have Wyndham points at Beachwalk, but since I live 2 miles from Waiks, I bought (RS) for the trading, not for the actual resort. Does Branson have the kind of trading power that Beachwalk does? What are the annual MFs?

sbrogden

Reaction score
I have Wyndham points at Beachwalk, but since I live 2 miles from Waiks, I bought (RS) for the trading, not for the actual resort. Does Branson have the kind of trading power that Beachwalk does? What are the annual MFs?

These points don't get traded, they are used like a credit card - cash them on any place in the system. This deed is not tied use at the parent resort nor a given week in the year.

Annual MFs run ~$534 for these.

hapstersmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
These points don't get traded, they are used like a credit card - cash them on any place in the system. This deed is not tied use at the parent resort nor a given week in the year.

Annual MFs run ~$534 for these.

I'm confused. I could not use them with RCI? I have points for Waikiki, and I can trade those (and just did, for a 2 brdm and a studio, one week each, at DVC, next month, with points to spare, as well.)

I am looking to pick up some additional points, but I am more interested in trading out of Wyndham than staying at W's properties, for many reasons: their properties in HI are not that upscale, and I have pricey taste (on beer budget); they don't have properties in many of the places to which I am interested in traveling; I don't want to spend my vacation being badgered by W sales reps.

That said, the MFs in Branson sound REALLY high. I pay $717 for 154K in Waikiki, which has good RCI TP and is also rentable to cover the MF, if I am not going to use the points personally.

Last edited:

sbrogden

Reaction score
I'm confused. I could not use them with RCI? I have points for Waikiki, and I can trade those (and just did, for a 2 brdm and a studio, one week each, at DVC, next month, with points to spare, as well.) I am looking to pick up some extra points, I am more interested in trading out of Wyndham than staying at W's properties, for many reasons: their properties in HI are not that upscale, and I have pricey taste (on beer budget); they don't have properties in many of the places to which I am interested in traveling; I don't want to spend my vacation being badgered by W sales reps.

That said, the MF sounds REALLY high. I pay $717 for 154K in Waikiki, which has good RCI TP and is also rentable to cover the MF, if I am not going to use the points personally.

Points can be used in RCI - any of the Wyndham partners. We have owned this deed since 1997 and used them at several RCI places and Wyndham places. No trading, simply finding a place and making a reservation - with the limits of how many points one has. We have often saved them to have double points the following year to "buy" more time or a bigger place, or both.

hapstersmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Points can be used in RCI - any of the Wyndham partners. We have owned this deed since 1997 and used them at several RCI places and Wyndham places. No trading, simply finding a place and making a reservation - with the limits of how many points one has. We have often saved them to have double points the following year to "buy" more time or a bigger place, or both.

I think we are talking about the same thing, just using different terminology. Trading, reserving, exhanging...

That said, I am out on this one, due to the high MF.

mercyandgrace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can these points be combined w/ points from another property, i.e. purchasing 100,000 points at Smoky Mountains, for a total of 184,000 points to be used the Wyndham system at another resort?

sbrogden

Reaction score
Can these points be combined w/ points from another property, i.e. purchasing 100,000 points at Smoky Mountains, for a total of 184,000 points to be used the Wyndham system at another resort?

We have been told many times by Wyndham folks that points from different purchases can be - and are, in fact, automatically - combined so the owner has all points in his account. They are useable as credits - all at once, or bit by bit.

razzinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will kick in for $100 of the closing costs, to help get this off my books. Anybody interested?

I am interested. Wife and I own 126000 points now, and could use a few more points now that we have 3 grand kids who like to travel with us. I will talk with the wife and see if shes interested, but I won't have that chance till Friday. Will contact you if shes interested; the price is right!

sbrogden

Reaction score
I am interested. Wife and I own 126000 points now, and could use a few more points now that we have 3 grand kids who like to travel with us. I will talk with the wife and see if shes interested, but I won't have that chance till Friday. Will contact you if shes interested; the price is right!

Many thanks for your note. I will stand by and look forward to hearing back from you.

acwku

Reaction score
I am interested in your points. how do we proceed?

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still on the market. :wave:

I have no axe to grind. In fact I own at and hit Branson for two weeks a year. In good olde days used RCI 28K deals to nail 2 BR. This last May did 1 BR for 105K points less 25% discount and upgraded to 2 BR with 30 day upgrade or about 1/2 rack rate!. Point is no ARP value. However, fortunately Wyndham points are points.

I have noted your ups and downs and a couple pointers. With 60K+ members this is a great place for time share owners to hang out and loose as are respective Developer oriented ones like Wyndham Forum. But, do keep in mind many members are very savvy and those few looking to buy resale are astute shoppers. Buyers are looking at bargain deals, postings on e-bay, etc. and are going to pay rock bottom dollar. Actual closed sales are what count!

Three(3) keys in valuing Wyndham and probably others are: ARP, MF, Interval size and possibly physical location if one does two niters.

So what you have is a triple loser a la circa sixties definition of three time loser, pregnant prostitute, driving an Edsel with our Dick Nixon will rise again bumper sticker!!

You have paid around $50 June MF and July due next week. Ten months from now you will have paid around $500. So, do you bite the bullet today and pay all closing costs which are $299 to Wyndham and several posts where you can get reputable closing company less than $200.

FYI, there has been a post like yours on Wyndham Forum for a year with no responses and actually still has 2011 MF rate.

If you post on RedWeek or other similar sites your TARGETED audience is mostly active TS buyers and sellers and there is craigslist. Plus ads there seem to be dreamers asking $500, $1,000, whatever. A for free, no closing costs AD will stick out like a sore thumb.

Since I thinking ahead when I will be dumping my TSs, my thoughts.