TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Free: The Surf Club of Marco week 50 - paid for 2018 (Marco Island, FL)

Discussion in 'Bargain Deals' started by CtopherMI, Feb 8, 2018.

1. CtopherMI

CtopherMI Guest

My family has owned this week 50 unit on Marco Island, Florida, right on and facing the Gulf of Mexico since 1993. I took it over from my Mother in 1999, and it is time to let it go. It is paid for this year, too, so you get to use it right away.

This is a gold crown resort that trades in RCI, II, or HGVC. A Hilton membership is not required. Week 50 was listed as a red week for this location.

This unit has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and sleeps up to 6. It is a sixth floor balcony with a beach view. The Surf Club is an older resort but it has been well maintained over the years with many upgrades including hurricane upgrades that helped it weather the 2017 hurricane with only two weeks of down time. All the units have new appliances this past year too.

Maintenance fees for 2018 were $1,156.99 and that amount has been about the same for the past 6 years without any assessments.

Contact me if you are interested, post if you have any questions about the unit or anything else.

Thanks for checking it out!

Chris

2. CtopherMI

CtopherMI Guest

I've been asked how many points this is worth in the Hilton Grand Vacations Club and the last time I had an HGVC membership it was worth 3500 points. I don't know if that is the same still but can check if others wanted to know. In the past I actually used this with RCI and made some nice trades including a trade for a 2 bedroom in Kauai, HI that was one of my favorite vacations.

Personally I think you are much better off using this in either RCI or Interval International (II). The membership fees for those groups is lower than the HGVC, and it will trade well in either of those. However if you are already an HGVC member then this would be a great addition to your membership too.

3. rapmarks

rapmarks TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Thinking about it, which unit is it?

4. CtopherMI

CtopherMI Guest

rapmarks likes this.
  5. rapmarks

How about closing costs, what are they expected to be?

6. CtopherMI

CtopherMI Guest

LT Transfers has been mentioned on the boards: http://www.lttransfers.com/ They would charge just $150. When I bought this week from my Mom it was about $120 for an attorney in Sarasota to transfer it for us, including the recording fees. But LT Transfers looks easy enough.

This property is managed by the Hilton club but it isn't a club property so you don't need to join them or get them involved. Pretty straight forward, and if the closing costs are a problem I can pay it.

7. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Mcalpin, Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club at Marco Island, Hgvc Plantation Beach Club at Indian River, Sunrise Bay & Club, Hideaway Sands, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    If available I will take

Sugarcubesea likes this.
  8. CtopherMI

CtopherMI Guest

Thank you Panina. The transfer has been started and the original deed faxed out. I'll stay in touch.
    Chris

9. LisaH

LisaH TUG Lifetime Member

Excellent! Thanks for the offer. Chris is prompt and clear in answering questions. No wonder it went quickly.

Panina likes this.
  10. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Mcalpin, Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club at Marco Island, Hgvc Plantation Beach Club at Indian River, Sunrise Bay & Club, Hideaway Sands, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    Great week for me and much appreciated. I have a week 51 at Sunrise on Marco Island and even though I could have gotten a week 50 I was hesitant because it was a 1 br. Being this is a 2 br and can be part of hgvc, it was the push to get it.

Now with this and just also getting two additional winter weeks in Key West I will need to start working on gifting the weeks I don’t use.

I think I have my portfolio now with mostly what I will use. I have gifted 6 timeshares the last 6 months, I think 2-3 more I will be listing to gift soon.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    hudshut and klpca like this.
  11. LisaH

LisaH TUG Lifetime Member

I kind of remember your dilemma about buying week 50 in south FLORIDA. Glad it has worked out for you.

12. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Thanks, this shows if you have patience waiting in timesharing what you can use eventually shows up.

13. CtopherMI

CtopherMI Guest

I'm thrilled that this was what you were looking for Panina. Amazing how these things just work out sometimes :)

14. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, QH, & Pinestead Reef
    I'm so very happy for you and I know how much you like this area... I'm so excited that you got this...

Panina likes this.
  15. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Thank you, yes it works well, a very good compromise for me. Now I have to stop being lazy and give away the few more I don’t use. I like them and know I can’t use them but keep saying maybe one day.

Sugarcubesea and Caligirlfrtx like this.
  16. rapmarks

I was all ready to take this

17. Caligirlfrtx

Caligirlfrtx Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION
    Let me know what your gifting. I’m building my portfolio. Glad u got this one, I was going to get it

18. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Thanks, I have one tugger before you that I promised first crack at them then you will be second.

I think I will be giving away 2-4 units. If the ones I just put an offer in Key west which was accepted are still good then it will be the 4 that I will gift. Can’t be in two places and one time

I’m at Disney Saratoga this week so I will let you know next week.

Caligirlfrtx likes this.
  19. rapmarks

Anything in sw Florida

20. Caligirlfrtx

Caligirlfrtx Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION
    Hey! I just left Disney! awesome week to be there

21. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    I leave Sunday. Too bad I didn’t know you were here, we could have met in person.

Today was awesome. Disney artist Stephen Fishwick was at Epcot. I was thinking about getting his print of “we love epcot” and he was outside finishing a demo. I missed it but he spent time talking with me, very nice warm person. He signed my print not only on the front but personally on the back. Just love it.

The other day I did a caricature which was so much fun and came out great. Made me laugh at myself silly. Maybe I will use it as my image on tug.

Between these two things, which were surprisingly not expensive, great week with memories of fun.

Caligirlfrtx likes this.
  22. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    The minute I saw it knew it would work, was surprised I got it.

It looks like it will be 2 northwest Florida weeks but high demand weeks, maybe a southwest later in the year