• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE Starwood/Vistana Lakeside Terrace 2 bedroom summer week - odd

RLG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Abound Chairman (SMV; SDO; SBP; Lakeside Terrace, Willow Ridge). HGVC, Worldmark. RCI points
FREE to a good home is an ODD year two bedroom unit at Lakeside Terrace in Avon, Colorado.

I gave away an annual version of this, but I still own too many timeshares, so I'm giving this one away too.

This resort is managed by Starwood/Vistana and is one of my best traders at Interval because of several factors:

1) First, all Starwood/Vistana weeks get first look at exchanges into other Starwood/Vistana resorts such as Westin Ka'anapali on Maui.

2) Second, Starwood/Vistana deposits seem to get higher trading power into other Starwood/Vistana resorts.

3) Third, you can place an ongoing search for other two bedroom units. This gives you priority over those who wait until bulk deposits are visible on the website. Note that the maintenance is relatively low for a name brand two bedroom.

The combination of these factors has allowed me to consistently get good trades with my Lakeside summer weeks. These are the use years that I've traded for two bedroom units at Westin Ka'anapali on Maui.

2011 June 2013
2012 Jan 2014
2013 Aug 2015
2014 Nov 2015
2015 May 2015

I will do the closing for free. Maintenance fees are 1236.16 per usage which is paid half each year. First usage is in 2019.

Your first maintenance would be due Jan 1, 2018. At that point, I would recommend that you pay both the 2018 and 2019 maintenance (1236.16 total) and assign your 2019 usage to Interval. That will allow you to start an ongoing search or to do an exchange immediately if you see something you want.

If you want to use this unit rather than trade, the season is weeks 21-39 inclusive.

These are extremely large dedicated 2 bedroom units with 2 baths which accommodate 8 people. Guests here also get passes to the 40,000 sq. foot Avon Recreation Center. It is an impressive indoor aquatic facility/gym with heated pools, a lazy river, diving well, water climbing wall, and 140 ft curving slide.

RLG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Abound Chairman (SMV; SDO; SBP; Lakeside Terrace, Willow Ridge). HGVC, Worldmark. RCI points
I had a few tire kickers, but still have this available.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I stayed there once during ski season. The units were enormous.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any other required fees associated with the timeshare that one would be required to pay on an ongoing basis?

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a good resort. There are no other fees besides the maintenance fee. I own quite a few winter weeks at Lakeside Terrace.

RLG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
An update on trade information (I can't edit the first post anymore)

I traded the 2017 usage for a two bedroom unit at Westin Nanea on Maui for this November.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. How far in advance did you make that trade? I assume trades within Vistana/Starwood are separate from II trades? Do they charge any fees when making the internal trade?

Edit - did some more reading and it appears that this is not a "mandatory" resort so all trades would have to go through II - correct me if I'm wrong though. Is there a separate fee to be a member of II?

Last edited:

RLG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is still available.

I was notified in July that my search for Westin Nanea at Ka'anapali was filled for November 2017.

Yes, all trades would go through Interval International. There are no staroptions with this week.

RLG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you want this, there's a need to move soon. Once we're in 2018, I'll be prepaying the rest of the maintenance and depositing it myself.

RLG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is still available.
As mentioned above, I'll be depositing the 2019 usage myself in about six weeks if nobody wants it.