• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE - Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Sondor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations Club – Even Numbered Years

2 bedroom - 2 bath (dedicated 2 bdm.)

Fixed Unit #1626

Fixed week 21E

Maintenance Fee: ~$180 Odd years/ ~$1,755 Even years

HGV Points: 5,000 banked. 5,000/Even year.

Title Transfer: I will pay all transfer fees with *LT Transfers

Link to HGV website: https://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/hawaii/kohala-hgvc/

*Please click on my blue user name, and then click "start a conversation," to send me a private message..

*L.T. Transfers
Lisa Short and Mary Pless
http://www.lttransfers.com/
readylegal@gmail.com

NIUkFrFTMkQLLUPxC6hn80NdirQqhbU7BuXsTwlXoC7ZFq0JIblTMSPPN4z44fkm7TqUdC0NHUEquqRwB2ghGa1g6hY9A8b-hdGYkNcn5ew3evPcoOJ-bXfjzBvXicSTncUX_ro

2GCViAKZG1lcroI4mQXPmWXnfGhwdeEAJhUFr4JLZRjLAfKqMDleWOlhNWldiLlEsi8MqHE7ktLtkinGlXyf8TNitYx12HdPI5CKHLpIHmWZOwVYUxz37D2SDIEOfA

Aloha!
Christian E.

Last edited by a moderator:

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
This is in Oahu?

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
The resort is in the Island of Hawai'i, commonly known as the "big island" in Hawaii.

Might be good to state where it is. Not just the Big Island but that its in Waikaloa. Since its a fixed unit, you might also mention a little bit about the unit location within the resort, any view type, etc.

I'm not interested in your unit, just trying to help you off load it. Its a nice one, someone will be glad to have it I'm sure.

Sondor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To be honest it has been 10 years since I have been there, I mostly used the property to obtain HGV points and go elsewhere. Details fade over time but I clearly remember enjoying the trip. I remember it is close to the beach*, had some nice restaurants nearby, and was near some high end shopping centers. We went zip lining through the forests on the northern part of the island, walked through the jungle volcano paths on the east of the island, toured through the Mauna Kea observatory in the center, went on a submarine ride through the coral reefs, and just generally had a blast.

The big island is great, the island has 10 out of 14 of the world's climate zones packed into a small area. Mauna Kea catches the rain on the eastern side of the island which causes the island to have a dry side and a wet side and everything in between. The island is geared towards tourism which means that there is something fun to do in each and every zone. All in all for variety of activities the Island of Hawai'i is hard to beat.

*Edited based on subsequent comments.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
To be honest it has been 10 years since I have been there, I mostly used the property to obtain HGV points and go elsewhere. Details fade over time but I clearly remember enjoying the trip. I remember it had access to a private beach, had some nice restaurants nearby, and was near some high end shopping centers. We went zip lining through the forests on the northern part of the island, walked through the jungle volcano paths on the east of the island, toured through the Mauna Kea observatory in the center, went on a submarine ride through the coral reefs, and just generally had a blast.

The big island is great, the island has 10 out of 14 of the world's climate zones packed into a small area. Mauna Kea catches the rain on the eastern side of the island which causes the island to have a dry side and a wet side and everything in between. The island is geared towards tourism which means that there is something fun to do in each and every zone. All in all for variety of activities the Island of Hawai'i is hard to beat.
There is no access to a private beach at this property. First of all, ALL beaches on Hawaii are public. Second, the development does not sit on the water. There is an accessible beach (A Bay) in the Waikoloa Resort development.

Sondor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is no access to a private beach at this property. First of all, ALL beaches on Hawaii are public. Second, the development does not sit on the water. There is an accessible beach (A Bay) in the Waikoloa Resort development.
I remember they had a series of big signs stating that the beach access was only for use of guests from the associated resorts. Does this not count as private access? I apologize if I misused the term.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I remember they had a series of big signs stating that the beach access was only for use of guests from the associated resorts. Does this not count as private access? I apologize if I misused the term.
I don't remember seeing that sign. I'll do a little more checking as I was 99.999999999% sure that all beaches on Hawaii are public.

I checked. Anaeho'omalu Bay, also known as A Bay is public. Found this information on a Hawaii tourism site: The beach is located in front of the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort, however, there is a large public parking lot and beach entrance just South of the resort.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I don't remember seeing that sign. I'll do a little more checking as I was 99.999999999% sure that all beaches on Hawaii are public.

The beaches are all public. What OP may be referring to is beach access or pool privileges at the Hilton Hotel. Which are limited to hotel guests, Kohala guests, and Kingsland guests.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
The beaches are all public. What OP may be referring to is beach access at the Hilton Hotel. Which is limited to hotel guests, Kohala guests, and Kingsland guests.
That could very well be what he is referring to. As you and I have both stated, the beach (which isn't even the best on the Kohala Coast) is public.

Sondor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That could very well be what he is referring to. As you and I have both stated, the beach (which isn't even the best on the Kohala Coast) is public.
Luanne, Robert,

Thank you for clarifying. I did not intend to mislead.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Luanne, Robert,

If you haven't been there in quite awhile it's very possible you aren't remembering things exactly. I just know that all beaches on Hawaii are public. There may be some that do actually sit on private land, but this isn't one of them. And you are most likely correct about the access path being for guests of the resorts, while the public parking lot is for those not associated with them (or those at the resorts who wanted to drive down to the beach).

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Luanne, Robert,

There is a private sandy beach at the Hilton Waikoloa hotel property, its on the lagoon, not the ocean side beach. I think that is where the sign is you saw about guests only. Oceanfront property owners have to provide public access to all Hawaii beaches. The hotel public access lot is just across from the hotel guest lot with a concrete sidewalk leading out to the beach. Not many use it because the beach there is all coral and lava.

You just missed an opportunity to rent your unit, its gold season, and the Ironman triathlon was just held in Kona in October. We we there to see the race and a lot of the athletes stayed at Waikoloa since the biking route passes right by there.

867c9db70e72b0034fca79ec2b1a15f4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro