• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free DC Enrollment of Eligible Weeks via Webinar Viewing / Downside?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
There is one other fee for some folks...it bit us and made "free" not so free. If you have been using your old Marriott account with Interval for trading additional non-Marriott resorts (Festiva in our case), converting to Marriott's destination points does not free you from maintaining that original Marriott account with Interval. So we now pay 2 fees: the $195/yr to Marriott and the annual Interval membership fee.
But you were already paying the II fee so its hard to count that as an additional fee. If you assumed that fee would go away and offset the MVC dues fee, knowing that you had other non-MVC enrolled weeks, then yes, I can see how that may have surprised you.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When the DP plan was first introduced by Marriott -- gosh, how many years ago was that? -- I only looked at two numbers:
How many points would I be allocated for my Newport Coast Platinum Week? Answer = 3,475.
How many points would I need to exchange back into Newport Coast? Answer = don't remember exactly, but greater than 3,475.

The above, plus the idea that they would charge me to do it -- I declined at that time and every other time I have been asked.

Now that years have passed, I have an interest in DP because of the ability to exchange for less than 7 days at one time.

Is there a place where I am able to access DP required for reservations -- or must I be enrolled to see this data?

For instance, what is the per night points needed for non-weekend night at NCV -- and does it vary based on time of year?

Thanks.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t own any Marriott timeshares currently but I own several Vistana (Westin) and Hyatt timeshares all purchases resale. I’m hoping Marriott offers is a good deal for enrolling our weeks in DP program. What is the approximate % skim that Marriott is taking off points reservations? Also someone mentioned they charge for DP reservations. How much are the fees?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don’t own any Marriott timeshares currently but I own several Vistana (Westin) and Hyatt timeshares all purchases resale. I’m hoping Marriott offers is a good deal for enrolling our weeks in DP program. What is the approximate % skim that Marriott is taking off points reservations? Also someone mentioned they charge for DP reservations. How much are the fees?
There are no fees for individual transactions in the Marriott DC program. There is an annual fee that is tiered depending on ownership level.

mybelle

Reaction score
We are at our home resort this week. Just have the one Legacy week. Attended the presentation, have been offered to enroll it in the DP program fee waived, if we come for five nights next year for $999. If I do this webinar, is it to enroll in the program without having to buy that vacation week? I'm a little confused by the terminology in this conversation. Whether you are talking about enrolling a legacy into the points program, we're just talking about adding an interval account? Thanks much
LeeAnn - Oceana Palms

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
We are at our home resort this week. Just have the one Legacy week. Attended the presentation, have been offered to enroll it in the DP program fee waived, if we come for five nights next year for $999. If I do this webinar, is it to enroll in the program without having to buy that vacation week? I'm a little confused by the terminology in this conversation. Whether you are talking about enrolling a legacy into the points program, we're just talking about adding an interval account? Thanks much
LeeAnn - Oceana Palms
Yes, if your week is enrollable, you could watch the video for free to enroll it and not have to buy the Encore package for $999.

Aviator621

TUG Member
Reaction score
LeeAnn - Oceana Palms

Side funny story about sales and enrollment; just before I enrolled, we were at OceanWatch, and they were trying to get us to come in for a sales presentation. The pitch was we could enroll you at a discounted rate. I told her no thanks, if I was to do it, I would use the free webinar. She was both surprised and angry: "You can do that for free?? I'll have to talk to our manager about stopping that!"

mybelle

Reaction score
Yes, if your week is enrollable, you could watch the video for free to enroll it and not have to buy the Encore package for $999.
Thank you for clarifying. I'll watch today and cancel the Encore package, as we have 10 days to do so.

mybelle

Reaction score
Side funny story about sales and enrollment; just before I enrolled, we were at OceanWatch, and they were trying to get us to come in for a sales presentation. The pitch was we could enroll you at a discounted rate. I told her no thanks, if I was to do it, I would use the free webinar. She was both surprised and angry: "You can do that for free?? I'll have to talk to our manager about stopping that!"
Wow, guess I'd better do the seminar soon! Thanks!
LeeAnn

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
And the sad part is she probably really didn't know you could do it for free. If her boss told her the truth, just think how bad she would feel lying to people all day. Although that doesn't seem to bother some (sales) people.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 2 weeks pre 2010, one week post 2010. Watched the video. Just got the email from Marriott. The Kool Aid is starting to taste good.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 2 weeks pre 2010, one week post 2010. Watched the video. Just got the email from Marriott. The Kool Aid is starting to taste good.
Are you saying the email confirms your post 2010 week can be enrolled for free as a result of attending the webinar?
Surely not.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So I have never enrolled in DP. Correct post 2010 not eligible. Only pre 2010. Still feel like it's worth it. No cost to enroll.
For sure, a great deal for US resident owners only.

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that years have passed, I have an interest in DP because of the ability to exchange for less than 7 days at one time.

Is there a place where I am able to access DP required for reservations -- or must I be enrolled to see this data?

For instance, what is the per night points needed for non-weekend night at NCV -- and does it vary based on time of year?

Thanks.

I maintain a copy of the points charts. Here's my link to them, including 2019.

https://vacationpointexchange.com/mdc-point-charts/

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question for DP experts?
I have heard and seem to hear it been discussed on TUG (As well as at the 90 minute tour) of bargain deals on points. Obviously this is going to be in low seasons. How does Marriott let you know about those deals?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question for DP experts?
I have heard and seem to hear it been discussed on TUG (As well as at the 90 minute tour) of bargain deals on points. Obviously this is going to be in low seasons. How does Marriott let you know about those deals?

Either you go to a presentation, call the sales center, or, have a salesman you like that actually keeps you informed. Or TUG of course!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Question for DP experts?
Either you go to a presentation, call the sales center, or, have a salesman you like that actually keeps you informed. Or TUG of course!
I think billymach4 is referring to Destinations Escapes, last minute points reservations (<60 days). https://owners.marriottvacationclub.com/timeshare/mvco/exploredestinations/destinationescapesrentals

https://www.marriottvacationsworldw...s/MarriottVacationClubDestinationsEscapes.pdf

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is one other fee for some folks...it bit us and made "free" not so free. If you have been using your old Marriott account with Interval for trading additional non-Marriott resorts (Festiva in our case), converting to Marriott's destination points does not free you from maintaining that original Marriott account with Interval. So we now pay 2 fees: the $195/yr to Marriott and the annual Interval membership fee.

If you have non enrolled weeks, or non Marriott, yes. Or, if you have some deposits. But if all enrolled, like us, no separate account needed.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If a Marriott weeks owner, purchased from Developer, pre-2010, wants to enroll, what steps should be taken? This person inherited the week from her parents. The link I had to the video webinar no longer works.