• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Florida Club: confused

Serina

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a platinum 3 bedroom at MGV & it’s part of the Florida Club. Can I exchange the studio portion for a two bedroom via the Florida Club or is it same size unit only? I’m still confused as to the best way to use the Florida Club instead of trading thru II. Thanks for any advice!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
same size-same season only. Studio for a studio etc.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a platinum 3 bedroom at MGV & it’s part of the Florida Club. Can I exchange the studio portion for a two bedroom via the Florida Club or is it same size unit only? I’m still confused as to the best way to use the Florida Club instead of trading thru II. Thanks for any advice!

tschwa2 is correct, but a another way of putting it is "Like for Like".

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
One that is not quite like for like is that when you split a 3 bedroom MGV it is split into a 2 bedroom (non lock off only) and a studio . You can than exchange your 2 bedroom (non Lock off) for a 2 bedroom via Florida club into a 2 bedroom lock off (example Fort Lauderdale unit) at another location. This results in getting 3 units (1 bedroom plus 2x studios) vs 2 units. This can be used or exchanged for 3 vacations via II.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
One that is not quite like for like is that when you split a 3 bedroom MGV it is split into a 2 bedroom (non lock off only) and a studio . You can than exchange your 2 bedroom (non Lock off) for a 2 bedroom via Florida club into a 2 bedroom lock off (example Fort Lauderdale unit) at another location. This results in getting 3 units (2x 1 bedroom plus a studio) vs 2 units. This can be used or exchanged for 3 vacations via II.
I think you actually end up with 2X studio plus a one bedroom (unless the 2 BR lock off exchanges for 2 one bedrooms)

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
One that is not quite like for like is that when you split a 3 bedroom MGV it is split into a 2 bedroom (non lock off only) and a studio . You can than exchange your 2 bedroom (non Lock off) for a 2 bedroom via Florida club into a 2 bedroom lock off (example Fort Lauderdale unit) at another location. This results in getting 3 units (2x 1 bedroom plus a studio) vs 2 units. This can be used or exchanged for 3 vacations via II.
While I know some have reported being able to later split the lockoff 2 BR, most haven't been successful and my understanding is that technically this is not supposed to be allowed.

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never had a problem splitting a 2 bedroom.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Florida Club is unique as usage is not considered by MVCI to be an exchange. Rather, it is like being an owner at all 5 FC resorts and making a home resort reservation. The only difference is that the reservation window opens at 6 months prior to check-in (or 7 months if booking multiple weeks). To make your reservation, log in to your account and select "book my week". From the drop-down menu, choose the resort you wish to reserve. If you are within the 6 month window you'll be able to select from studio, 1BR, 2BR full villa, 2BR lock-off, whatever is available at the resort you are reserving. You'll need to use an exchange company to get the 2BR with a studio. You may increase your chances of getting the 2BR if you use a Beachplace or Ocean Pointe studio for your exchange.

FWIW, I haven't ever had a problem locking off at a later date. Keep in mind that you need to select the 2BR lockoff, NOT the full villa at the time of reservation to do that.

Last edited:

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think you actually end up with 2X studio plus a one bedroom (unless the 2 BR lock off exchanges for 2 one bedrooms)
Correct I edited my post #4 and it is now more accurate.

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
One that is not quite like for like is that when you split a 3 bedroom MGV it is split into a 2 bedroom (non lock off only) and a studio . You can than exchange your 2 bedroom (non Lock off) for a 2 bedroom via Florida club into a 2 bedroom lock off (example Fort Lauderdale unit) at another location. This results in getting 3 units (1 bedroom plus 2x studios) vs 2 units. This can be used or exchanged for 3 vacations via II.
...but what's that worth? How much more should one expect to pay to buy a 3b instead of a 2b @ MGV?

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Some have reported that they will not allow the 3 bedroom to be split into 2 studios and a 1 bedroom. You would probably be better off buying 2x 2 bedrooms, than a 3 bedroom.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Florida Club is unique as usage is not considered by MVCI to be an exchange. Rather, it is like being an owner at all 5 FC resorts and making a home resort reservation. The only difference is that the reservation window opens at 6 months prior to check-in (or 7 months if booking multiple weeks). To make your reservation, log in to your account and select "book my week". From the drop-down menu, choose the resort you wish to reserve. If you are within the 6 month window you'll be able to select from studio, 1BR, 2BR full villa, 2BR lock-off, whatever is available at the resort you are reserving. You'll need to use an exchange company to get the 2BR with a studio. You may increase your chances of getting the 2BR if you use a Beachplace or Ocean Pointe studio for your exchange.

FWIW, I haven't ever had a problem locking off at a later date. Keep in mind that you need to select the 2BR lockoff, NOT the full villa at the time of reservation to do that.
That has always been my understanding

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some have reported that they will not allow the 3 bedroom to be split into 2 studios and a 1 bedroom. You would probably be better off buying 2x 2 bedrooms, than a 3 bedroom.
And that is my understanding of the actual rules. But like anything, enforcement and technical rules are often different.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
...but what's that worth? How much more should one expect to pay to buy a 3b instead of a 2b @ MGV?
in my opinion it’s often better to buy two two-bedroom units at Grandvista rather than one 2 bedroom. More options and the 13 month reservation window but there is additional cost.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
in my opinion it’s often better to buy two two-bedroom units at Grandvista rather than one 2 bedroom. More options and the 13 month reservation window but there is additional cost.
I have two two bedrooms and your choice of dates at 7 months with FL Club is much much better.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Or to further Dean's point, buy two 2BR lock offs with similar/same platinum seasons. I do this with Grande Vista and Manor Club Sequel.
In Order to use the Florida Club 7 month benefit, both weeks need to be in the club. Miami Doral, Legends, Grand Vista, OP and BP.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
In Order to use the Florida Club 7 month benefit, both weeks need to be in the club. Miami Doral, Legends, Grand Vista, OP and BP.
I am not sure that is the case. As long as you are willing to wait and book the non Florida Club week at the 7 month mark, I think you can string it together with the Florida Club to book 7 months. You will lose some on the non Florida Club week by waiting till 7 months to make the reservation. Of course, I have never actually done this, so it may not really work this way.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am not sure that is the case. As long as you are willing to wait and book the non Florida Club week at the 7 month mark, I think you can string it together with the Florida Club to book 7 months. You will lose some on the non Florida Club week by waiting till 7 months to make the reservation. Of course, I have never actually done this, so it may not really work this way.
That’s a good point! Unless it has to be specifically 2 FL Club weeks to use that benefit. Which now that I am thinking about it, probably. Lol.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course, but I can still string four consecutive weeks together

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Of course, but I can still string four consecutive weeks together
My misunderstanding. You own two grande vista and two Manor club sequel.