TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

fixed week vs float week

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by stein97, May 12, 2018.

1. stein97

stein97 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    none
    First I want to thank the TUG community for all your help, I know I have been posting a lot.

My wife and I are in the final decision process of buying at Harborside. Of course as we are ready to buy she asked why would buy fixed week vs float week.

My thought process is next 7 years my kids spring break is on week 12.

So If I buy a deeded fix week “12”, and decide in a few years to go on week 17, can I give up my week 12 and select 17. I realize that week 17 needs to be available and there is a timing aspect to this.

Is there process for this, like surrendering my week and use my staroptions? Or is the some type of internal process to do this?

Thanks again.

2. stein97

stein97 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    none
    While enjoying my coffee and searching this wonderful resource call TUG BBS i found this:

Does this hold true for Harborside, quote was for WKV.

thanks

3. tomandrobin

tomandrobin TUG Member

Harborside weeks book up fast during peak times.....winter thru August. I would doubt very much that if you did not lock up your phase 1 week and tried to float within the season, that you will be successful. Then you will have to compete at the 8 month booking window with all the other VSE owners looking to exchange into the resort. We own a float week in phase 2 and there have been several times, exactly at 12 months out not being able to get the week we wanted.

4. bogey21

bogey21 TUG Member

Both Fixed and Floating have their benefits and detriments thus what you want to own should be based on your personal travel plans both short term and long term. Having said this my personal preference was to own Fixed Week/Fixed Units. I owned six at one time and found that knowing exactly where my Weeks fell in the calendar enabled me to plan ahead and save money on travel. Having Fixed Units was important to me as three of my Weeks were oceanfront.

George