• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First Work Trip to Maui

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Wow, your wife has had a lot of problems with her legs no wonder she is so tentative about walking. I have to believe that the atmosphere in Waikiki is so conducive to walking that she is more motivated to walk than anytime in her life. As I said we spoke of Waikiki as Disney for Adults.

I know you said that your wife tried different shoes with mixed results. However, my husband trys on shoes in stores all the time and walks around the store. If he doesn't feel the good cushioning that he gets from the cushioned Hoka's that he has now he tells the sales person and walks out. Not all Hoka's have the "Plush" cushioning the my husband likes. I asked him about the the Hoka shoe models that he likes the cushioning on that they sell now and he said they are call Bondi 6. They have women's as well as men's sizes. There may be other Hoka's that she can try on that have good "Plush" cushioning but keep in mind it is the cushioning that she needs for walking not the style or color. She should try a pair on and walk in the store. If they don't give her a good cushioned feel then don't get them. She should go on the Hoka website and peruse the shoes they have for women. On the site she needs to concentrate on the ones that have "Plush Cushioning" since some models have other type of cushioning that my husband feels are too hard and unforgiving.

Aloha

I just asked my husband what is the HOKA website is called. It is called Hokaoneone.com.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I just asked my husband what is the HOKA website is called. It is called Hokaoneone.com.

Thank You, she’s checking the website now. Another thing about her is that she really enjoyed walking until her hip issues. She used to walk all the time.

The brace she got does seem to help. She is doing better and she is eager to get out more.

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Thank You, she’s checking the website now. Another thing about her is that she really enjoyed walking until her hip issues. She used to walk all the time.

The brace she got does seem to help. She is doing better and she is eager to get out more.

That is good that she is checking the website to see what is available in Plush Cushioning. Then visit Uyeda and try some of them on to see how the cushioning feels.