• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First Timers to Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
There are first floor rooms right next to the pick up point for the trams. There will generally be people hanging around right next to your patio. They put us there for one night. If you get a first floor room, at least try to get it away from the entryways. There are two in each GL building in RM one for guests and one for staff. Just my 2 cents. We arrived late all other rooms were full. (We were told) We moved next day to 3rd floor (of three) and were much happier. I enjoy sitting outside early in the morning and after dinner.

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
I guess the process of room assignments is a bit different fr owners vs exchangers. For owners, you are assigned your room several days in advance of your stay. The assignment is based, at least I am told, on your level of investment in the company. I have heretofore, been successful in getting room assignments both for myself and also renters that are staying through my contract. I would imagine that rooms are allotted to the exchange programs and then are controlled by sales. For owners, I do not believe it is the sales team that handles the assignments. RM is a bit interesting as the buildings are only three stories, virtually all without views of the ocean (there are a couple third floor units where you can see some blue water. The four bedroom residences are all ground floor (which makes no sense). I can see MoPops point. Ground floor at the end of the building can be quite loud. We have been ground floor in the middle of the buildings and they are actually not too bad as you feel like you are living in the jungle.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Our first time to Grand Luxxe NV. Wife & I will be checking in Saturday 3/9/19. We do not plan to attend a timeshare sales presentation. We learned long ago how to say “no”.

Question: Does our decision to not attend a sales presentation have any effect on the unit we will receive? That is to say, will we be able to check in before any contact with sales people? Or, will we be first directed to sales…and receive a less desirable unit as a result of declining the sales presentation?

Background: This is a trade through II. Our confirmation states that our unit is 2 BR MSUITE ($11 per day/per person resort fee).

Sorry late to the game on this reply. When we went last November (2018) we had been assigned a 2 BR suite (no longer remember what particular designation but also $11/pp) through II, turned down the presentation offer (which, amazingly, was not difficult) and were assigned a beautiful 2 BR suite with one of the "extra fancy" studios attached to it. Seemed like a fluke in so many ways I can't begin to explain it. We were in Tower II on the 2nd floor; great views of water and foliage. We left generous tips for the housekeepers all week we are are 2 neat people); it was lovely and we loved it.

This trip March 1-8, 2019 we finally decided to go to the presentation on March 2 and I posted a separate post, as factually as I could make it, with a clear title. Lots more info in responses there. Our deposit fee was $50 and they gave it back to us before breakfast even started. (And the prelude to breakfast was meeting at Santuario and getting coffee and assigned to a sales agent, then taken to breakfast.)

Eric B. has posted a lot of fabulous room info and I agree with T-Dot-Traveller in her post; you will not be able to get into a room without going through at least one layer of sales person (we always get two). But we are always polite (this really is their job and it is my strong contention that they are on strict quotas like any sales person hence the aggressive selling, and the Vidanta jobs are in high demand), clear and unapologetic. Vidanta could make it a condition of trading into the property but they don't; it is optional and firmly and politely demurring has been our best strategy. If it is your first visit to this property you may get hit hard for this.

calberry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge, Lake Tahoe (2 weeks)
Marriott Ko Olina, Oahu, Hi. EOY
UVC, Villa del Arco, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.EOY
That comment about the $20 deposit is interesting... not something I ever would have thought of. My reflex to timeshare presentations is a hard no always, but I would have paid $20 to save the 20 minutes it took the Grand Mayan RM check in shark to take no for an answer.

Hmmm, I would like to learn more about that. I'd happily forego a $20 deposit by saying yes to the presentation, and then not going!

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I would like to learn more about that. I'd happily forego a $20 deposit by saying yes to the presentation, and then not going!

I just gave them the $20, set the appointment as far out as I could, then 2-3 days later went up to the same rep at her stand in the PM, told her my wife was refusing to go, and got my $20 back. Took about 15 minutes.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just gave them the $20, set the appointment as far out as I could, then 2-3 days later went up to the same rep at her stand in the PM, told her my wife was refusing to go, and got my $20 back. Took about 15 minutes.

It was $50 this week at GL NV but I happy to know the strategy (and in this case it would have been true!). $50 would be a bargain to avoid the aggravation. My husband's idea was to tell them at check-in that yes, we are married, just not to each other :).

GW2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great tips on this thread everyone. Heading to GL NV tomorrow.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
I am having a family reunion at the Grand Luxxe in Nuevo Vallarta this summer (I have 5 units which I acquired through II and RCI). I created the attached table to provide information on the different unit types for my relatives in case they wanted to request a specific unit type and/or floor. Note that I did not include any studio or 1 bedroom units as all my units have 2, 3, and 4 bedrooms:
Grand Luxxe Unit Comparison.png

Others may find it useful. Let me know if you find any errors so I can update my spreadsheet.

Last edited:

GW2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Henry,
There are 5 towers now. I'm in tower 5 this week, a 2 BR "MSUITE".

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Tower 5B has 2&3 BR lofts on the 9th floor, suites and villas on the lower floors.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
Tower 5B has 2&3 BR lofts on the 9th floor, suites and villas on the lower floors.
Thanks Eric and GW. I will make these updates and wait to see if there are others before uploading a new chart.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am having a family reunion at the Grand Luxxe in Nuevo Vallarta this summer (I have 5 units which I acquired through II and RCI). I created the attached table to provide information on the different unit types for my relatives in case they wanted to request a specific unit type and/or floor. Note that I did not include any studio or 1 bedroom units as all my units have 2, 3, and 4 bedrooms:View attachment 10775

Others may find it useful. Let me know if you find any errors so I can update my spreadsheet.

Very interesting HenryT. Curious about where you found information like this....or did you compile it?

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Eric and GW. I will make these updates and wait to see if there are others before uploading a new chart.
I updated my original post with the changes provided so far.

GW2

TUG Member
Reaction score
... We tend to take a taxi to Mega in Bucerias, but will check out the new LaComer (just across the street) on our next visit. I personally think it will be more like Mega was before it was bought out by Soriana. These are like any giant supermarket in the US with great deli and plentiful supplies. We buy things for breakfast, lunch and beverages to have in our unit.
Following up on your post...

Today we followed the previously suggested Vindanta "escape route" (shuttle to Grand Mayan, then walking on beach past the Sea Garden) to check out the marina area. From there we took the ATM Riu bus (14 pesos/person) to Mega Soriano. Total time to Mega was about an hour from the time we left our room. You cannot see the Mega from the bus because of the highway overpass. Tell the bus driver and he will stop and let you off about 2 blocks away. The new store "la Comer" (across the street from Mega on same side of the highway) is as large as, if not larger than, Mega. The la Comer produce, meats, hot deli, bakery items are all beautiful and reasonably priced. So we purchased all our "stuff" at la Comer and caught a la Comer taxi waiting at the front door back to the Vindanta check-in area (200 pesos...$10±)…and from there a quick shuttle ride to our unit in Tower 5.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
La Comer just opened in November. It is basically what Mega was before Soriano bought most of the Mrga stores. I always liked the Mega better when it was owned by Commercial. So the new one would be my preference. Glad to hear that it is nice.

Last edited:

Flasher42

Reaction score
I have this unit reserved in October any idea which building and floor we may get?

Attachments

• 63DBF465-AE1A-4AF8-98CA-EB08E1CAADB5.jpeg
    63DBF465-AE1A-4AF8-98CA-EB08E1CAADB5.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 95

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
No oven, no washer/dryer & 3 BR means it’s a spa unit. If it’s in NV, it’s in tower 4 floor 4-9. Likely fairly high since October is a low month. Our favorite concierge, Gricelda, is usually in that tower on 8 or 9.

If it’s RM, it’s in tower 3.

Last edited:

Flasher42

Reaction score
It’s in NV. Reservation says 3 whirlpool tubs. When I check Vidanta.com the spa unit says 2 jacuzzi tubs. Does whirlpool = jacuzzi? Would this be a presidential suite ? Any way to confirm what I’m getting?
Any idea which is better?
Thank you.

Flasher42

Reaction score
I contacted the resort, here is their response
Thank you for your email and for choosing a Vidanta Resort destination through your exchange company for your next amazing vacation. Please be advised that according to our records your reservation is confirmed at the Grand Luxxe Presidential.

This unit features three bedrooms with two king-size beds and two double beds, three and a half baths with three Jacuzzi tubs, a private terrace with two plunge pools, two gourmet kitchens, two living rooms with sleeper sofas, two dining rooms.

Kindly bear in mind that all units are subject to availability and will be assigned at the time of check-in. Therefore, we will not know which room will be assigned to you.

Wishing you a wonderful vacation and looking forward to seeing you soon!

After receiving this some of our vacationers might possibly cancel. Anyone ever barter for a better smaller unit?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I do not think there is a better smaller unit. :) Most of us would be absolutely delighted with that unit! We own a regular 2-bedroom Grand Luxxe and love it, but this one sounds amazing!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Presidential ones are all in Punta, the building closest to the beach. The 3 BR ones there are lock offs with a full kitchen on both the 1 & 2 BR sides, though it’s a bit smaller on the 1 BR side. Not as nice as the lofts, but in a great location.

Since it’s a lock off, if enough folks drop out you could always post the 1 BR half as an availability on TUG in the sightings/distress forum or something like that (that one is members only). Whether you can rent the week depends on the rules for whatever exchange you got it through, assuming it’s an exchange. Vidanta would set up separate accounts for separate groups in the same suite and would key it however you ask them to.

Flasher42

Reaction score
We are heading to GL Nuevo Vallarta in October and wondering how much construction is going on? I think we will be in the Punta building, is their a building we should stay away from?
Any information on the food coupons would be awesome too.
Thanks

Flasher42

Reaction score
So it’s confirmed family is bailing on Mexico Oct11 check in to the GL Nuevo Vallarta. So we only need a two bedroom unit. We are confirmed into a 3bedroom probably in Punta building most likely a lock off.(see below)
Has anyone given back a lock off portion of unit upon arrival(once you know the floor plan) for benefits ex: free dinner/ massages so Vidanta May upgrade someone else say from GM or GB?
Or possibly meeting vacationers that want to transfer in?
I’m reluctant to contact the resort before arrival as I don’t want to be moved to a different building?

Response from Vidanta,
Thank you for your email and for choosing a Vidanta Resort destination through your exchange company for your next amazing vacation. Please be advised that according to our records your reservation is confirmed at the Grand Luxxe Presidential.

This unit features three bedrooms with two king-size beds and two double beds, three and a half baths with three Jacuzzi tubs, a private terrace with two plunge pools, two gourmet kitchens, two living rooms with sleeper sofas, two dining rooms.

Kindly bear in mind that all units are subject to availability and will be assigned at the time of check-in. Therefore, we will not know which room will be assigned to you.

Wishing you a wonderful vacation and looking forward to seeing you soon!

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've never heard of anyone giving up part of a lock off to Vidanta in exchange for anything. It would be hard for me to see them offering anything for that in October because they generally have a lot of empty rooms available then. If it were me, I'd probably offer it as a last minute rental in that forum or see if anyone else would want to use it for part of the resort fee.