• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First Grand Islander on eBay

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Probably purchased pre-construction and just stayed there. 7200 point 1 br would be lowest floor with worst view.

I've seen several reviews complaining about small rooms, not enough elevators for how many rooms there are, pool closes at 5pm.

It wont sell at that price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Why would they close the pool at 5. That makes no sense at all.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Why would they close the pool at 5. That makes no sense at all.
I suspect it's just the towel stand, they close at the beach at 5pm also. The super pool stand closes at 5 on Fridays for the show and fireworks. You know how people are complaining on the internet.

Staffing was also called out as an issue, not enough people at the check in desk, and not experienced. Typical start up issues.

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
And because of its location, it is furthest from the beach than any of the other HHV buildings. It also makes viewing the Friday night fireworks show over the lagoon much more difficult than being in the Lagoon building.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
And because of its location, it is furthest from the beach than any of the other HHV buildings. It also makes viewing the Friday night fireworks show over the lagoon much more difficult than being in the Lagoon building.
So does this make the resort undesirable or is the resort great just the location which is off?

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I think HGVC is going to have a very tough time selling this new property. I'm sure it's very nice (I was at HHV last year when it was under construction), but they're charging 50% more points than at the Lagoon Tower for the same type of unit. As others have pointed out here and in other threads, there is a huge problem with the elevators--not enough capacity to handle the crowds. They'll eventually get those and other issues worked out, but it won't be fast and it won't be cheap to make things right.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Probably purchased pre-construction and just stayed there. 7200 point 1 br would be lowest floor with worst view.

I've seen several reviews complaining about small rooms, not enough elevators for how many rooms there are, pool closes at 5pm.

It wont sell at that price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The price is ridiculous, but it does say "make an offer". What offer would pass refer? The higher point value and being further from the beach than Lagoon does make it less desirable to reserve, but buying the higher point package at a good price ($5000) might make sense. It might make an excellent rental.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

The elevators are like the Rainbow tower. You push a floor and the system tells you which elevator to get on regardless of how many in your party. Therefore, if there is a group with you and you push the call button you may fill the elevator with your group alone. If another person with a large group pushes your floor in the same direction the system will tell them to get on that same full elevator instead of a different elevator. If 3 or so individual people are alone and push the call button for the same floor they may be the only ones the system puts on that elevator with room to spare, others will be sent to a different elevator. Since the Rainbow Tower is a hotel it may work since parties are smaller. However, in a timeshare the chances of groups of 4 or 6 are more likely.