• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First American Title Ins Company for closing services

Mike T

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Moutainside, Marriott Barony Beach Club
I just completed a sale of one of my timeshares and used this company to handle the paperwork and funds.

The First American Title folks were a pleasure to work with and I recommend them to anyone - seller or buyer.

My unit was advertised here and it is now in the hands of a nice family with kids who like to ski.

Cheers

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I just completed a sale of one of my timeshares and used this company to handle the paperwork and funds.

The First American Title folks were a pleasure to work with and I recommend them to anyone - seller or buyer.

My unit was advertised here and it is now in the hands of a nice family with kids who like to ski.

Cheers

This is who Redweek Full Service uses as their default transfer company.

Mike T

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Moutainside, Marriott Barony Beach Club
This is who Redweek Full Service uses as their default transfer company.

That's where I found them And they are excellent at completing a transaction. Less than 30 days...no hiccups at all...safe and secure.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
How much did you pay for title transfer total? Generally, there are other good companies who do title transfers for a lot less.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Title, transfer and escrow for my purchase is $713 (including title insurance) with an additional $99 administrative fee for a total of $812. That’s not including the Hilton estoppel fee ($62) or the Hilton transfer fee ($399). The service, with title insurance, is listed for $550 on the Redweek website.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Title, transfer and escrow for my purchase is $713 (including title insurance) with an additional $99 administrative fee for a total of $812. That’s not including the Hilton estoppel fee ($62) or the Hilton transfer fee ($399). The service, with title insurance, is listed for $550 on the Redweek website.

That's why I don't use RedWeek.com's escrow service.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
LT Transfers (Tuggers) does professional title transfers for around $200. Since you were the seller, there was no reason for a title search, since you already know that the title was clear.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
LT Transfers (Tuggers) does professional title transfers for around $200. Since you were the seller, there was no reason for a title search, since you already know that the title was clear.

Not sure who you are referring to. If you are referring to the OP, he never said he used the title service. If you were referring to me, I was a buyer in a different transaction. It was our first purchase and we wanted the piece of mind that a title search gave us on our $4500 purchase.

If it’s something else, I’m not sure what you are saying.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi dayooper - What I am saying is that there are good alternatives available for far less money - something to consider next time.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi dayooper - What I am saying is that there are good alternatives available for far less money - something to consider next time.

I am most definitely will. I have asked for an update twice in the last three weeks and have had no reply. We sent our deposit 2 months ago and they gave me an update when I asked at the beginning of August. I asked for an update when they asked for our vesting document (that was three weeks ago). I asked again last week and again, no reply.

Since this is our first timeshare purchase, maybe things are usually like this. The lack of communication recently from this title company has me down on them.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My one experience with them was the opposite. They were the title company used by Marriott when I bought 2 weeks from Marriott resales department about 6 years ago. They messed up several things big time. A year later, Marriott finally fixed it and said that the title company should not have done what they did. I do not recommend them.

jordathyspg

Reaction score
We recently used them when we purchased our Westin Kierland unit. They were on the pricier end as noted by others in this thread but communication was good and everything closed promptly.

That said if there were other companies with a good rep that were ~$500 cheaper I’d probably try them out

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
You can decline the Title Insurance and save money. Redweek will have no problem with removing title insurance.