• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finishing off rescinding process.. can I get an "AMEN".. couple quick questions

drtyedy

Reaction score
Hope this can be quick and simple...

Is the refund given directly to the purchaser (us!), or do they go through the process of just canceling the Wyndham loan direct... AND... with the funds used on a new Wyndham credit card.. do they simply just "credit" the credit card?? Would you suggest I contact Barclays direct? (this is how we funded it)

Just for our "troubles".. if they don't just "credit" the credit card direct, I'll just wait to pay it off a little later.. if the refund is directly given to us.. hoping that any rewards points we gained through the process can be collected:banana:(simply... swindling the swindler)

Lastly.. should I send the tablet back too? Not that it means much, it's just the principle of ... is it really a "gift" if you have to give it back, considering all the shenanigans( )( )

Can't wait to learn some of the FUN stuff on this forum.. like finding great opportunities for our family friends!

Thank you to everyone who has been of great help once again!!

E&K

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I would send the letter and direct them to rescind (cancel), terminate the loan application and close the line of credit and close the credit card account.
Also indicate that any gifts or incentives will be returned under separate cover (delivery).

They should cancel the charges/loans before they are processed.

You do not have to send the tablet in with the cancellation/rescission letter, but you must return it or risk being charged the full 'stipulated' value of any such gifts or incentives. Better to return than get a late charge/non-fund of some exorbitant fee for a toy.

Would allow the rescission process to proceed before outright cancelling anything. You can get into some sticky wickets if you promise to pay but then attempt to cancel the card/LOC before the actual cancellation makes it thru the system......

I'm not a lawyer or expert, so use good judgement and others advice......YMMV.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The funds go back to the source - so if it was a credit card, back to the card, which will then have a zero balance. After the charges are reversed, you should cancel the card.

The loan will be cancelled.

If you don't return the tablet, they may or may not deduct the cost from your refund. What do your recission instructions say about it?

drtyedy

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt response..

I'll just send the tablet back regardless... it's not worth the headache.. I have a hard enough time with new/different devices as it is.. that's what I have pre-teen daughters for:)

So I'll the send the above, more detailed instructions in the letter and just wait, keeping my eye out as this goes along..

one thing... would you include the cc account and loan #'s on the letter.. or am I just being to detailed..

I appreciate everything that has been done for us over the past couple days... living and learning.. just glad we're not learning the hard way.. to bad everybody didn't help each other in this way... sure would make this world a better place

E&K

drtyedy

Reaction score
DeniseM...
Here's my example of a letter for rescinding... maybe it can help someone else.. maybe this could be my contribution to the forum.. it saved our butts

DATE

Sir or ma’am,

Regarding contract #........ signed……………, we are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract within the XX day period following the date of signature, which is today, ……………, pursuant to ……………. We expect a full refund of our deposit of …………….. Please rescind our loan agreement recently signed with ……………….. on ……………….., and close the ………………….. credit card that was utilized with this transaction. Do not make any additional charges to the credit card used on file. Please confirm my legal rescission in writing to ………...

Sincerely,

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your letter is fine. I usually add the sentence: "Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover" Then send the stuff- and the tablet unless it's stipulated to be a 'gift' back by the cheapest means and keep the receipt.

Jim