• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finally got our new week but reservations did not transfer over

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
After 6 weeks our new Pinon Pointe week showed up in our name but the 2 reservations the old owner made did not show up. We have them in our contract and we paid the 2 reservation fees but they are not there. The points are there though and go into LCUP tomorrow. Has this happened to anyone? We have invited 2 other couples to Siesta Key with us so are pretty concerned

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
When I bought Piñon Pointe, previous owner made a home week HRPP booking, but when it transferred, it was not in my account. Points were there. And since HRPP expired during the transfer, points were in CUP instead of HRPP. I called Hyatt and they reinstated the reservation. It appeared as a new HRPP reservation with a new number. They did it despite the fact that HRPP period had already expired.

So it appears Hyatt cancels all reservations during transfer. But you might be able to get them back if you call and ask and if that week is still available and not booked by someone else in the meantime.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
So it appears Hyatt cancels all reservations during transfer.

Let's call a spade a spade. It appears the new Marriott transfer dept. is cancelling the reservations during the transfer. Hyatt always transferred the points and reservations exactly as the original owner had them.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
After 6 weeks our new Pinon Pointe week showed up in our name but the 2 reservations the old owner made did not show up. We have them in our contract and we paid the 2 reservation fees but they are not there. The points are there though and go into LCUP tomorrow. Has this happened to anyone? We have invited 2 other couples to Siesta Key with us so are pretty concerned

Happy to hear your unit is in your name! Sorry about the other part. Call Hyatt ASAP and tell them what happened. Hopefully they will be able to get the reservations back.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's call a spade a spade. It appears the new Marriott transfer dept. is cancelling the reservations during the transfer. Hyatt always transferred the points and reservations exactly as the original owner had them.

I think you are correct, Hyatt would transfer existing reservations. So, this is new.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think you are correct, Hyatt would transfer existing reservations. So, this is new.
Marriott called us yesterday and apologized for the delay in getting the unit into our name.saying there were multiple departments involved and the 1st few were dropping the ball. The Marriott lady that called us was very nice and I believe pushed it through for us but admitted she was new to Hyatt and Westin issues so hopefully it is a mistake. We will calll her tomorrow. Hyatt could not help us as they say they aren't involved with transfers.Luckily we have proof of everything but this does make me nervous as our friends made their flight reservations already.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
When I bought my first week at Hyatt, the deal included the seller using the current year week. His reservation did not transfer. I was told all reservations are canceled when the week changes ownership. And the points go to the new owner. I honored the deal but we had to get a guest certificate.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When I bought my first week at Hyatt, the deal included the seller using the current year week. His reservation did not transfer. I was told all reservations are canceled when the week changes ownership. And the points go to the new owner. I honored the deal but we had to get a guest certificate.
That's not correct according to Hyatt and our agent. We paid the reservation fees and signed papers to add to the contract with our reservation information This is due to Marriott taking over transfers. Our agent is trying to sort it out. I will let you know what happens.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good news! After numerous phone calls and run arounds the reservations are now in our name with only 130 pts set to go into LCUP by midnight.. So we have our new Pinon Pointe week and our 2 reservations. It was actually Hyatt who dropped the ball (according to Marriott). They have a department that handles the reservation portion of transfer but supposedly a computer glitch interfered AND there was no communication between the 2 departments. When businesses get too large things seem to fall apart. That is what was so nice about Hyatt.r If anyone has issues down the road reach out and I can help you navigate

taffy19

Reaction score
Good news! After numerous phone calls and run arounds the reservations are now in our name with only 130 pts set to go into LCUP by midnight.. So we have our new Pinon Pointe week and our 2 reservations. It was actually Hyatt who dropped the ball (according to Marriott). They have a department that handles the reservation portion of transfer but supposedly a computer glitch interfered AND there was no communication between the 2 departments. When businesses get too large things seem to fall apart. That is what was so nice about Hyatt.r If anyone has issues down the road reach out and I can help you navigate

Glad you got that resolved and especially since you have invited guests who have airline reservations. :)

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glad you got that resolved and especially since you have invited guests who have airline reservations. :)
Thank you. Yes, we were dreading that conversation

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

I'm so happy that you got it resolved...have fun and enjoy your stay...