TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Fiesta Americana Villas Cabo - Information Thread

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by amirh, Jul 14, 2019.

1. amirh

amirh TUG Member

Hello All,

We're booked at FA Cabo September 10-17 and I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread with all the useful information I've read in multiple messages. Please feel free to add your recommendations as well.

From the sticky - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...liated-information.254931/page-3#post-2103260

The information below was collected mainly from posts by @CalGalTraveler and @GT75 - Thank you both!

Resort information:
    There is a nice beach in front of the resort complete with complementary lounge chairs, umbrellas and food service. Although people go into the water and they provide snorkeling equipment to HGVC members for free, there are currents and rocks at low tide so not very swimmable.

Daily maid and turndown service provided.

15% HGVC owner discount on dining and spa services.

From @GT75 -
    I personally like Phase II (room 2106). That building has an elevator and close to the ocean with great views, you can request a specific room by calling FA front desk about 2 weeks before arrival. The other thing that I like about Phase II is an easy walk to the owners pool below sales center with the fantastic view and of course the secret hot tub.

Transportation:
    @CalGalTraveler - We always book a private round trip in advance. We used Cabo Shuttle Services twice and recommend https://www.caboshuttleservices.com/ If you call them, they will usually include a 30 min grocery stop on the way from the airport.

FA has a shuttle that goes to the mall several times a day, the cost is $12 pp round trip.

Grocery Delivery:
    Upon arrival make a 30 min grocery stop at a local Mexican "Walmart-like superstore" called Chedraui in Los Cabos. Much less crowded than Walmart and the produce and grocery selections are amazing. Make sure to tip the bagger $.50 to $1 a bag because they do not get paid otherwise.

Prickly Pear https://www.pricklypearcabo.com/ Make sure to state on order that it is "Fiesta Americana Villas" instead of "Fiesta Americana" because they are not allowed to deliver to hotel. $20 minimum per order.

Restaurants:
    Taco Guss
    Invita Bistro
    Misiones De Kino
    Bajo La Luna
    Hacienda Cocina y Cantina (the food is good but really like the location and atmosphere)
    Alcarevea

hurnik likes this.
  2. JIMinNC

JIMinNC TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott:
    Maui Ocean Club
    Waiohai Beach Club
    Barony Beach Club
    Destination Club Trust
    HGVC:
    HGVC at Sea World
    For restaurants, we also liked Alexanders in Cabo San Lucas and Jazmins in San Jose del Cabo.

3. simon63

simon63 Guest

September is a silver season, a few people in the hotel (better for me), it is a hurricane season, I hope evrything will be ok, I like a seafood restaurant called Mazatlan in Cabo San Lucas.

4. ontilt

ontilt TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Bay Club
    HGVC Valdoro x2
    Worldmark
    We like Cafe Gardenias for tacos in Cabo San Lucas and Flora's Farms which is out of the way a bit -- you can easily spend a half day there: https://www.flora-farms.com/

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  5. DannyTS

DannyTS TUG Member

We are going to be in Los Cabos at the end of August so I will try to contribute to this post (and benefit from it)
    1) We have decided to rent a car this time. I have never tried it in Mexico and I understand that it is preferable to have full coverage from Mexico to avoid complications. We booked a car with https://mexrentacar.com. I used the promo code MEXTRIP, 20% off. Depending on size, including full coverage, the car is 200-300 and more for a week (ours around 250), it is worth it considering the transportation to our hotel Grand Solmar at Land's end and back to SJD is 180 for the 4 of us.

2) some people recommend to buy the loscabospassport card with many 2/1 restaurant and activities discounts. More or less close to Solmar are some good restaurants on that card. Even if they may be a bit further from FA some may find this info valuable so:

LOS CABOS PASSPORT select restaurants

Invita Bistro: dinner discount 5 min by car

140 Google reviews

$$Italian restaurant

Address: Calle Miguel Hidalgo, S/N Lt3, Centro, 23450 Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., Mexico

Los Barriles discount lunch and dinner 5 min by car

4.6(90)

Bar & grill

Cosy · Casual · Good for kids

Calle Miguel Hidalgo S/N, Centro, San Lucas, 23450 Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., Mexico

V3JP+RC Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico

+52 624 143 1619

Open now: 7:30a.m.–10p.m.

Arts & Sushi lunch and dinner discount, 7 min by car

4.4(38)

seating · Great cocktails · Cosy

Boulevard Marina SN, Local 2A, Plaza Bonita, Centro, Marina, 23450 Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., Mexico

V3PQ+CQ Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico

artsandsushi.com

+52 624 144 4554

Open now: 11a.m.–11p.m.

Mango Deck Restaurant, Bar & Beach Club great views of the ocean, 10 min by car, discount breakfast and lunch

2,599 Google reviews

$$Bar & grill Address: Playa El Medano S/N, El Medano Ejidal, El Medano, 23453 Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., Mexico

Hours:

Open ⋅ Closes 11 p.m.

Phone: +52 624 144 4919

Puerta Vieja dinner discount, 15 min drive

Imagine the dark red sun setting over the horizon and darkness falling over the southern-most tip of the Baja California Peninsula. Now, imagine a fine dining experience at one of the best places for dining in Cabo. Wine, red roses, a surprise gift for your partner—a visit to Puerta Vieja, one of the best restaurants in Cabo San Lucas, can be a great way to rekindle the love and passion in your relationship.

María Corona Restaurante Mexicano discount lunch and dinner (lunch just Sunday), 5 min drive

4.6(301)·$$

Mexican restaurant

Outdoor seating · Cosy · Casual

16 de Septiembre S/N, Downtown, Centro, 23469 Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., Mexico

V3QQ+G9 Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico

mariacoronarestaurant.com

+52 624 143 1111

5–11p.m.

Rodizio Grill dinner, 5 min by car

4.4(283)·$$ Steak house

Late-night food · All you can eat · Cosy

Calle Niños Heroes, Downtown, Ildefonso Green, 23470 Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., Mexico

V3PP+MX Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico

+52 624 143 1094

Open now: 4–11p.m.

Wicked 8 min by car discount lunch or dinner

4.4(139)

Pizza restaurant

Late-night food · Cosy · Casual

Av, Lázaro Cárdenas #23410, Downtown, Centro, 23450 Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., Mexico

V3PQ+R9 Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico

wickedcabo.com

+52 624 105 1234

Open now: 3p.m.–12a.m.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019 at 10:55 AM
  6. escanoe

escanoe TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC at the Flamingo, Los Vegas
    Woodstone (Luxury, RCI Points) at Massanutten Resort
    This resort WAS on my short list of places to make it to. Now that it has seen point inflation and will get mandatory AI treatment, I see an RCI trade to Cabos in my future. I guess it was just too good of a deal to last.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019 at 1:35 PM
    CalGalTraveler likes this.
  7. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

Like all good things in timesharing and the credit card points game...it was good while it lasted but now it's time to find the next opportunity. The good news is that RCI in Cabo has many options and the new HGVC Cabo is coming soon.

8. JIMinNC

JIMinNC TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott:
    Maui Ocean Club
    Waiohai Beach Club
    Barony Beach Club
    Destination Club Trust
    HGVC:
    HGVC at Sea World
    It's disappointing that they made the AI mandatory because we really enjoyed that place when we were there in January. The point inflation doesn't bother me, but mandatory AI is a deal killer. We like to eat out in local restaurants so having to pay $200/day for AI is a non-starter.

ontilt and escanoe like this.
  9. CalGalTraveler

I agree. We have been there twice and loved it. I believe it was intentional because of the Cabo HGVC plus HGVC network expansion initiatives which may be where HGVC energies are focused instead of reciprocals.

The Anantara relationship in SE Asia/New Zealand also didn't seem to work out either, however that may have been a multi-year promo instead of permanent. The points values were quite good the first year we joined but then increased dramatically the following year.

10. escanoe

escanoe TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC at the Flamingo, Los Vegas
    Woodstone (Luxury, RCI Points) at Massanutten Resort
    Isn’t any better when you are a family of 4, including kids who will be charged the adult rate. I wish they would offer an alcohol/non alcohol rate and I might think about trying it. I know you heavier drinkers may not like that.

11. terces

terces TUG Member

This is a "pop-up" I just noticed on the Cabo Hilton site: In August / September we will be refreshing select restaurants, rooms in the timeshare wing, building an adult and infinity pool. Existing pools and substitute dining are available. Noise may be heard weekdays between 9 am - 6 pm.

12. buzglyd

buzglyd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Lagoon Tower
    HGVC Carlsbad Seapointe
    Gaslamp Plaza Suites
    Carlsbad Inn
    SVV Bella
    Maybe the best way to get it now is via RCI where it is listed as AI optional. Or book via a portal like Alaska Airlines for cash which often offers a really good rate including airfare and AI.

ontilt likes this.
  13. JIMinNC

JIMinNC TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott:
    Maui Ocean Club
    Waiohai Beach Club
    Barony Beach Club
    Destination Club Trust
    HGVC:
    HGVC at Sea World
    The problem with the HGVC Cabo is apparently it will be bHC, so for HGVC members only a limited booking window.

14. CalGalTraveler

The last communication I saw did not have that designation. If so, we own bHC points in NYC so no problemo. :) We can also augment the stay with HHonors points on hotel side.

15. JIMinNC

JIMinNC TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott:
    Maui Ocean Club
    Waiohai Beach Club
    Barony Beach Club
    Destination Club Trust
    HGVC:
    HGVC at Sea World
    I hope you are right. When the Club Traveler came out in May, they listed the name of the Los Cabos Resort as "La Pacifica Los Cabos by Hilton Club". But now when I go back to that same web page, they only list it as "New Resort in Los Cabos". So maybe the original May communication was an error or there has been a change in their plans. It never made sense that it was a bHC in the first place.

escanoe likes this.