• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fiesta Americana Cabo

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Not sure how the buildings are numbered. It's the villa building closest to the lobby. We were on 2xxx ground floor, now 2 floors higher. Much better view room and less noisy, very private balcony, but still can hear golf carts.

Hoping to see some whales today.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
How spacious are the 2 BR there? Any idea?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I did look at the Hilton Hotel location in Cabo that HGVC purchased units in. I am not sure how the units will look, or the views (which might be better at FA because of topography of the resort), but the beach area looks great at the Hilton. Wide beach, great sand entry and large possible snorkeling area the the north side of the beach.

Has anyone been to the existing Hilton Hotel location?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I stayed in a 2 BR last time. We had the 1br side and friends had the kickoff studio side. Both units had balconies. The 1 BR balcony was larger. Nice and spacious. Full kitchen. We were in the building all the way up the hill furthest from the lobby. Did you find the secret tiny pool with a view yet?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@buzglyd Are you referring to the spa? This one is my fave. Sorry for the sideway view. Cant fix on my phone. Lol the view after a strong margarita?

20181216_140307.jpg

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
@buzglyd Are you referring to the spa? This one is my fave. Sorry for the side view. Lol the view after a strong margarita?

View attachment 9477

Yeah that’s a cool little spot. We had the bartenders make us skinny margaritas with Herradura tequila and they were delicious. I don’t think the new resort will affect the deal with FA. FA has lots of resorts in places HGV doesn’t. I haven’t stayed at any of the others and some are just hotel. The Explorean Kohunlich gets fantastic reviews. Makes me curious.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Will have to try the skinny margarita.

We had this hidden spa to ourselves for most of the afternoon. Very cool. Saw whales breaching too.

Also read about the Explorean resorts in a brochure in the room. They say they are guided active vacation resorts that include tours of Mayan ruins, rafting biking etc. Wondering if this is included or extra.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
BTW...The sales office was shut down. Although we got the usual handoff to the concierge to provide resort details. The offer of a presentation was very low key. Any idea what's going on? We did not accept the presentation offer which was one day of AI for our family and a discount on activities.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Not sure how the buildings are numbered. It's the villa building closest to the lobby.

You are correct, the numbering of the units or villas is confusing there. It is included in the our Sticky information. But I understand where you are. I personally like Phase II. That building has an elevator and close to the ocean with great views. I am sure that Phase I would be better but I have never been place in that section. Phase II is a little older but still I like the location the best.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Phase II and Phase I seem amazing. Closer to the ocean and less golf cart traffic. Did you request ahead of time?

We are in phase III per the sticky. It's nice.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Yes, I request Phase II. It is a long walk (normally don't ride the golf cards) but we like it. Phase III and IV are newer. The ones with the hot tubs are 3 bds and we can not rent those in Phase III and IV.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks @GT75 Do you request in advance by calling? At the front desk upon arrival? or though HGVC reservations?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Thanks @GT75 Do you request in advance by calling? At the front desk upon arrival? or though HGVC reservations?

By calling FA front desk about 2 weeks before arrival.

I also walked around the properly last time gathering all of the villa numbers so I would know exactly what I was being assigned next time. I did have a couple of options last checkin but I wasn’t sure what the views were like.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@GT75 Thanks for the recommendation on phase I and II.

After another noisy night with college party, we requested a move and we are now in a top floor in Phase II.

The view is WOW!!!! We are in a 1 bdrn lock off about same sq footage, smaller lanai (no balcony dining table) but worth it for the view. IMO the room is laid out better than our last unit because it has an extra 1/2 bath, and a dining table instead of a combo bar dining like the GI. Only 2 cooktops instead of 4. No conventional oven in either unit but no big deal.

Will upload photos later on view from balcony thread.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Thanks for the recommendation on phase I and II.

You are welcome. I love the view. I am sure that Phase I is better (someone even posted a picture which is great) but I really don't expect trading in through HGVC to get Phase I. The other thing that I like about Phase II is an easy walk to the owners pool below sales center with the fantastic view and of course the secret hot tub.

BA21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV Key West, WKV
HGVC Flamingo
You are welcome. I love the view. I am sure that Phase I is better (someone even posted a picture which is great) but I really don't expect trading in through HGVC to get Phase I. The other thing that I like about Phase II is an easy walk to the owners pool below sales center with the fantastic view and of course the secret hot tub.

I was placed in Phase I with an HGVC reservation in November. It was a ground floor room directly behind the owners pool. The view was nice. We ended up requesting a move as there was no WI FI access from the room. We moved up the hill to Phase II room. A little more walking but an incredible view and a good room. Met another couple in Phase I that had hot water issues. Our Phase I room had some minor issues with broken closet doors and some broken towel racks in the bathroom.

I would request Phase II in the future.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Photos posted in view from balcony thread. I would consider the view from Phase II and Phase I to be OF (even better than Lagoon Tower OF which is stunning). Balconies less private, than Phase III and IV, but worth it for the OF view. Can hear the waves crashing from our room.

Not sure if ground floor in Phase II can see view over Phase I.

Thanks @GT75 for your meticulous work mapping the resort. The room numbers dont make much sense.

Went to town yesterday and had shrimp tacos at a hole in wall called Taco Guss. Shrimps were to die for. Skirt steak good too Total bill for 3 with beers $22 US. We then got 2x1 mango margaritas with tajin on the rim (highly recommend) plus a beer for DH down the street for a whopping $8 including tip.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Not sure if ground floor in Phase II can see view over Phase I.

Phase II Ground floor rooms (1601-1612) are about eye level of Phase I building roof. We have been placed on that floor level before (You can still see the whales and still a good view). Obviously, it would be better to have a higher floor. This past February, I think that we were in room 2106. I would definitely take that room again. You are correct that the balconies are not as nice as in Phase III and IV, but I still like the location better. I don't think that the studio rooms really have a balcony in Phase II.

even better than Lagoon Tower OF which is stunning
What????? Don't tell me that. :banana: We replace our normal Cabo trip with HI next February/March. We start with 5 days in 3 Bd Lagoon Tower Penthouse.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@GT75 No worries! Lagoon Tower will not disappoint

Good to know about the ground floor in Phase II. I just checked out the ground floor after a run and it appears that units 1509 to 1512 may have a partially obstructed view of Phase I with the topography. Further down the building looks fine as you confirmed.

The end of phase IV seems to be partially obstructed by the back of Phase II. Otherwise Phase IV has very good OV if you dont mind the hike up the hill or golf cart to room.

In hindsight it seems that Phase III is the worst because of more noise from golf carts, less privacy and less OV. But higher floors are still not bad. And the units are very clean and spacious.

IMO I dont mind the walk to Phase I and II because it is relatively flat. Not far.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
LoL. I guess the secret spa is not so secret after all. My DH looked on google maps and the only identifying mark on his google maps for the resort was "secret spa"

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Not sure if the Hilton Cabo has much off highway road/trail for running or walking?

One of the things we enjoy about FA cabo is that it is in a gated golf community with roads off the highway. They put water and towels out at the entrance for guests who run in the morning.

Another resort we are considering for the future is Pueblo Bonito Sunset via RCI. Our driver said it was nicest and it has high ratings on RCI and TUG. He told us it has a free shuttle to town so we would not need to rent a car. It's on the west side of the arch so big beach but not swimmable. Other downside is that it appears to be RCI weeks only so cannot book 4-5 days for long weekend to save points.

Last edited:

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
I love Phase I - right on the water - there's nothing between the water and the room except some sand and rocks. I get the sound of the surf all the time. The higher buildings are newer and a little nicer, but - location. :shrug:

I'm an owner, so my request is usually accomodated. :)

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Two more notes about FA Cabo;

1) daily maid and turndown service.

2) 15% HGVC owner discount on dining and spa services. We did not opt for AI but enjoyed 2 meals at resort with nice discoint.

Last edited: