• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fiesta Americana Cabo

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Trying to find out some info on this resort and of course HGVC is closed on Sundays.

The HGVC website posts the following:
  • All-inclusive amenities are NOT mandatory. Members and guests who elect to participate in the all-inclusive option at the resort will pay any related fees directly to the front desk.
    • 2018 Pricing: $160 per room, per day and $45 per child, ages 5-11, per day. Children under age 5 will not be charged a fee.
    • 2019 Pricing: $190 per room, per day and $35 per child, ages 5-11, per day. Children under age 5 will not be charged a fee.

Ok, but this resort has studio, 1 BR and 2 BR units. Is it $190 per room per day REGARDLESS of room size, or does HGVC have bad info on their website?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@Sandy VDH I had an older screenshot that said, "2018: $80 pp/day...; 2019: $95 pp/day..."

I just went into our reservation and it now says what you have in your post. This is a better deal for us because we have 3 ppl in our room. Perhaps if you opt-in, you have to buy it for all days of your stay to make up for this instead of just the days you want?

We will be visiting later this month and will report back. In the meantime, I took a screenshot and intend to use it with the front desk. Thanks for showing this.

Please share what HGVC tells you.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was considering booking a 2 BR lockout and was wonder how that would work. HGVC being closed today does not help. But reporting back on an actual visit would be even better.

Thanks

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I’ve been twice and the AI was PP per day. If you decide to do a partial, the days have to be consecutive. If you’re staying for a week, I would only do 3 days max. There is so much good food in Los Cabos I wouldn’t want to be limited to the resort the whole time.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I’ve been twice and the AI was PP per day. If you decide to do a partial, the days have to be consecutive. If you’re staying for a week, I would only do 3 days max. There is so much good food in Los Cabos I wouldn’t want to be limited to the resort the whole time.
We try to sample local fare as often as possible when traveling. If you don't have a car (I have zero desire to drive in Mexico), how easy is it to get places in Los Cabos? I have no idea how close this is to the city, what transportation options are available, etc. Thanks!

Kurt

RVCW4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandy,

We spent a week in a 2 bedroom LO right before Thanksgiving. AI was $80 per day. It's going to $95 in 2019. We did NOT do AI. We shopped at MEGA and Walmart and ate lunches out. The local food is great. We had a car. Driving there is easy! Never had a worry. On GT75's advice we rented from Cactus car rental. That too was so easy. Can't wait to go again. We MAY do a few days of AI next time. As was posted before, you can do a few days in a row, not the entire time. We look forward to returning in November 2019. We had a GREAT time!!

Rich

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
There is a bus that runs the corridor. The problem is FA is a long walk from the highway. Honestly, driving in the Los Cabos area is no big deal. I always rent a car there because the taxis are crazy expensive and there is no UBer.

The AI fee is fairly reasonable if you drink and breakfast and lunch there is great. The dinners are hit and miss.

The roads are very modern there and easy to drive. Driving in Southern California is crazier than Cabo.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandy,

We spent a week in a 2 bedroom LO right before Thanksgiving. AI was $80 per day. It's going to $95 in 2019. We did NOT do AI. We shopped at MEGA and Walmart and ate lunches out. The local food is great. We had a car. Driving there is easy! Never had a worry. On GT75's advice we rented from Cactus car rental. That too was so easy. Can't wait to go again. We MAY do a few days of AI next time. As was posted before, you can do a few days in a row, not the entire time. We look forward to returning in November 2019. We had a GREAT time!!

Rich

I assume that is per person. That is why I was asking because the info on HGVC looks like it is per room, not per person. Just trying to get clarity.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Last year when we were there it was $80 pp. That's why this is curious.

Does anyone know if they charge for parking? Thinking of renting a car this year.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I guess my call last week prompted a change in the wording. They removed the by room wording and added per adult wording. As of this morning it states the following:

• All-inclusive amenities are NOT mandatory. Members and guests who elect to participate in the all-inclusive option at the resort will pay any related fees directly to the front desk.
    • 2018 Pricing: $80 per adult, per day and $45 per child, ages 5-11, per day. Children under age 5 will not be charged a fee. Please note: the all-inclusive price per day is the same regardless of the number of adults staying in the room.
    • 2019 Pricing: $95 per adult, per day and $35 per child, ages 5-11, per day. Children under age 5 will not be charged a fee. Please note: the all-inclusive price per day is the same regardless of the number of adults staying in the room.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We are at FA Cabo now and they reaffirmed the $80 pp rate. We are mostly cooking in the room but will opt for a day of AI for either seafood or Mexican buffet night.

Ask me questions about the resort and I can check while here.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is the beach even swim-able there. If so, what is beach access like to the beach, and from the beach into the water.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
There is a nice beach in front of the resort complete with complementary lounge chairs, umbrellas and food service.

Although people go into the water and they provide snorkeling equipment to HGVC members for free, there are currents and rocks at low tide so not very swimmable.

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
It’s easy to wade in. The resort provides snorkeling equipment and there are rocks and a small reef with lots of fish. They will have the snorkeling activitiy listed on the events calendar.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
True. No big waves. Sandy beach.

Lanais are wonderful. Current room on ground floor not good placement because overlooks busy golf cart road and building entrance but still have ocean view.

They said they are extremely full but will move us today to higher floor with more private lanai and better OV.. The room layout is nice and very clean. Had to get new microwave and toaster because they did not work. I believe this is a room that is not used much - only when very full.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
will opt for a day of AI for either seafood or Mexican buffet night.

I highly recommend the Mexican buffet / fiesta night. The seafood night was kind of blah.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks we had the Mexican buffet and recall that it was quite good. We had the fish night but dont remember much so that may be an indicator. The Italian restaurant was the worst. The food was ok but we has to wait a long time to get in and wait a long time again to get served.

Love the ceviche restaurant at the beach for fish tacos and guac for lunch.

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Thanks we had the Mexican buffet and recall that it was quite good. We had the fish night but dont remember much so that may be an indicator too. The Italian restaurant was the worst. The food was ok but we has to wait a long time to get in and wait a long time again to get served.

Love the ceviche restaurant at the beach for fish tacos and guac for lunch.

That other restaurant up above (I think it's called Blue) was not very good either. That's why I don't like AI resorts. Most of them cut the quality of the food so much that it's not worth it. The breakfasts are great there and the ceviche place is very good for lunch. The AI is worth it for breakfast, lunch and booze (except wine which is terrible also). We choose AI for just a couple of days and eat elsewhere. There are too many good places in Los Cabos to be tied down to the resort.

Also, if your flight is later in the afternoon and you're on AI. They let you hang by the pool all day and you're still on AI on your getaway day.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We are in the TS villas this time. Last time we paid to upgrade a villa studio to a one bedroom suite at the hotel on the beach. No kitchen but had a lounge and private club pool. But mandatory AI. Very quiet with beach and golf course view.

The villa location is noisy with the gas golf carts. Most of the units look down on the golf cart path below. Suggest that they replace gas with electric for less emissions and noise.

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
We are in the TS villas this time. Last time we paid to upgrade a villa srudio to a one bedroom suite at the hotel on the beach. No kitchen but had a lounge and ptivate club pool. Ai. Very quiet with beach and golf course view.

The villa location is noisy with the gas golf carts. Most of the units look down on the golf cart path below. Suggest that they replace gas with electric for less emissions and noise.

The problem is the resort is so steep, those electric carts would croak so fast it wouldn't be worth it. They would always be on a charger.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Agree breakfast is outstanding too.

Perhaps it is the time of year with college vacations but there seems to be a party group on our floor for past 2 nights. Our room was quiet but my DH was awoken 2 times by the noise. I slept through it and so did our DD. Neighbors contacted us to ask if we heard the noise. They said they called to complain and worried it would go on again tonight.

We asked to move to a different building but front desk said they did not have anything. They knew about the issue because there were several complaints.

Hopefully our new room is better.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I am wondering whether FA will be avail to exchange for much longer with HGVC.

It cannot help the relationship to know that HGVC is building their own TS at the Hilton Hotel down the road which creates more competition.

The 1 bdrm is spacious and I love the lanai and view even if noisy at times.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Ok. Just spoke to the front desk again. HGVC are assigned to 1 bedroom Plus when we book a 1 bedroom and these units are only in this building.

2 bdrms and regular 1 bedrooms (lockoffs?) are in other buildings.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Ok. Just spoke to the front desk again. HGVC are assigned to 1 bedroom Plus when we book a 1 bedroom and these units are only in this building.

What building is that?