• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fargo & Associates

daburck

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resort Escondido
We have had an offer by Fargo & Associates [Virginia Beach?] to purchase our Vidanta resort in Mexico. I can find nothing to vet or verify this company. Where might we find any information or reviews about this company?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is 99% likely to be a scam, because you can acquire timeshares in Mexico for free, so no knowledgeable company will pay for them.

This is how it usually goes: You sign their phony paperwork and things seem to be sailing along towards a big check, when all of the sudden the company tells you that you have to pay some kind of large fee to proceed. They may call it taxes, escrow, closing costs, title fees, commission, or other words that "sound" legit.

They assure you that the funds will go into a licensed escrow account and you will be refunded after the close of escrow. They will even name a well-know escrow company and send you a link to the company website.

After you agree to pay the fee - they will send you a link to a bank account to wire the money to.

After you wire the money, they will disappear with your money and you will not be able to contact them - because that's all they were after. Even worse, they had you (unwittingly) wire the funds outside the US - and the money is long gone.

There is no buyer.
There is no offer.
There no deal.

It's just a scam...

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Did they contact you out of the blue saying they wanted to buy your timeshare for many thousands of dollars? If so it is a very common scam. They are not at the address they claim to be. They are likely in Mexico where authorities can’t reach them. If you check their website you will find it was created a month or so ago, a reason why you can’t find anything on them. They will promise no upfront costs but once they have you hooked they will ask for a title fee, Mexican tax, hair tax... doesn’t matter what they call it because it will be bogus.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Found their website. They claim 12 years in business but the website was created April 2018. This is a confirmed scam.

Scammers are lazy too because they just copy web verbiage from their prior websites or other legit websites. I Googled a couple of sentences from their “about us” page and found six other websites using the same language, probably the same scammer behind all of them. Scammers need to change their name often because word gets out they are scamming people.

Hopefully others contacted by these scammers will Google the company and see these posts. This will not deter the scammers but will just cause them to create another website as they try to stay one step ahead of the bad press.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Did they contact you out of the blue saying they wanted to buy your timeshare for many thousands of dollars? If so it is a very common scam. They are not at the address they claim to be. They are likely in Mexico where authorities can’t reach them. If you check their website you will find it was created a month or so ago, a reason why you can’t find anything on them. They will promise no upfront costs but once they have you hooked they will ask for a title fee, Mexican tax, hair tax... doesn’t matter what they call it because it will be bogus.
Found their website. They claim 12 years in business but the website was created April 2018. This is a confirmed scam.

Scammers are lazy too because the just copy web verbiage from themselves or other legit websites. I Googled a couple of sentences from their “about us” page and found six other websites using the same language, probably the same scammer behind all of them. Scammers need to change their name often because word gets out they are scamming people.

@RX8 sleuths them out again. Now if they only had a Georgina.

daburck

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resort Escondido
Thanks for replies. I asked for references and they wouldn't provide any. Very classy website. Very well-spoken rep who called. Too many red flags. And finally, if it sounds too good to be true, it likely is too good to be true!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
And if the above isn't enough, I'm wagering that THEY CALLED YOU. Nobody EVER called someone to give them money! EVER! FAR-GO and associates wants to GO-FAR on your money.

Jim

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I copied the sentence below directly from their website and made a correction for them.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
We have had an offer by Fargo & Associates [Virginia Beach?] to purchase our Vidanta resort in Mexico. I can find nothing to vet or verify this company. Where might we find any information or reviews about this company?

Heckuva deal! What could go wrong?

LaLa0909

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta VDP
Same here - THIRD OFFER this week! SD Dynamics offered as well - they sent the 'bank forms' but once I said the form was not legit (mix of English/Spanish) and that the author of the form was not a bank employee, I never heard back. Also call from PNI Marketing - they are sure coming out of the wood work!

LaLa0909

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta VDP

How do you tell when the website was set up? I had 3 different companies contact me in the last 2 weeks. How do they get our names?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
How do you tell when the website was set up? I had 3 different companies contact me in the last 2 weeks. How do they get our names?
Employees of the timeshare developer and ex-employees get money for selling list of owners to these companies or the companies might be staffed by an ex employee.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
David & Burckhardt and LaLa:
Also, it does not matter what the name of the company is. They change their names frequently to hide from the last victim and move on to the next target.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

To find out when a particular website was created I use https://who.is/ . Just enter the website into the search field.

I looked up your SD Dynamics. They claim on their website that they have been in business since 2009 but...their website was created April 19, 2018 so we know that these are scum sucking scammers. Below is the info from Who.is.

upload_2018-9-18_21-35-24.png

Scammers will also use other legit websites to make theirs look more real. Below is a comparison between SD Dynamics "About Us" page and the "About Us" page from a website called Nurse Call Tech. The scammer has clearly used this website as a model for theirs, right down to the fonts, layout and some of the verbiage.

http://www.sddynamics.com/about.html
http://www.nursecalltech.com/about.html

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Same here - THIRD OFFER this week! SD Dynamics offered as well - they sent the 'bank forms' but once I said the form was not legit (mix of English/Spanish) and that the author of the form was not a bank employee, I never heard back. Also call from PNI Marketing - they are sure coming out of the wood work!

Yeah - once one scammer has your contact information / they all have your contact information .

The call I got last month : wanted to know if my Mayan Palace was in points or weeks .
I said - "if you don't know how the resort works - you're wasting my time "
SHE hung up .

The only unique thing was it was the first female scammer call I have received -
but probably not the last .

Last edited:
Reactions: RX8