• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Family Returns From Vacation To Find a Stranger Living In Their Home

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Family Returns From Vacation To Find a Stranger Living In Their Home
By Jessica Puckett/ News/ The Points Guy/ thepointsguy.com

"With winter weather, mobs of people and inevitable flight delays, travel over the holidays can be stressful. But for one Georgia family, the stress of a holiday trip kicked in once they returned home on Jan. 2 to find that a strange man had taken up residence in their house.

When the Henson family arrived home and tried to open their door, Janice Henson noticed her house keys weren’t working. She then called the police when a man in a wheelchair answered the door and told her to leave because it was his house now, WSB-TV reports.

The local police said the man, identified as 26-year-old Nathaniel Jacob Nuckols, had changed the locks to the Henson’s home. He also claimed to have a gun and allegedly threatened to shoot officers on the scene. A five-hour standoff between police and Nuckols ensued, eventually culminating with the SWAT team breaking down the door and sending in a robot to locate Nuckols, who then surrendered. Officers said they did not find a weapon inside the home.

Police brought the man into custody on felony charges of first-degree burglary and terroristic threats and a misdemeanor charge of obstruction. He is currently in Cobb County jail, and his bail has been set at $33,220. It’s still unclear how long Nuckols was in the house.

After the incident, Janice Henson said Nuckols had made himself at home, moving the family’s belongings and eating all of their food. “He also left us notes thanking us for the key and thanking us for letting him live here,” Henson told Atlanta’s Channel 2 News. “He moved all the pictures, emptied drawers. He was making this house his.”....."

Richard

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I read this already this morning....couldn't believe it!! I sent the article to my neighbors who are on vacation right now. :p I know, I'm mean.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
In my state, you might be required to EVICT them as they are in possession of the place. Esp if there is no sign of a breakin .. aka broken window, kicked in door and YOUR key does not work.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! I always alert my neighbors about my vacation plans and that no one and mean no one should be in my driveway or my home.

They are instructed to call 911, my security company and my son.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The vacationing family must've somehow convinced the police that the house was in fact theirs and they had not sold or leased it to this fellow. Otherwise, the family would've had to file a civil action to get him out.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Certainly not as bad as finding someone in your house - but last week Providence airport had a fire in one of their long term parking garages. 4 cars were totaled. That has got to be a nice welcome home too....

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
In my state, you might be required to EVICT them as they are in possession of the place. Esp if there is no sign of a breakin .. aka broken window, kicked in door and YOUR key does not work.

Yes, I've heard of this before, even as far as a returning serviceman didn't have use of his house when some squatters moved in. The police let them stay and he had a fight on his hands to get them out.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best to take care of it swiftly and let the paramedics take the person to the hospital. Seems the easiest way to get them to leave.