• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fairway Forest and Diamond International Management Issues for Deeded Property Owners 2019

Are Fairway Forest Deeded Owners in trouble with DRI ?

• yes they are

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no they are not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

standrew17

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairway Forest Units 1210 Week 10 and Unit 1348 Week 42
Hi,

I think it might be time to start a discussion on what to do about Diamond International Resorts Management style for Fairway Forest deeded property owners. This thread is started with one goal. To help all deeded property owners in TUG get a handle on where they stand with DRI as the new management company which took over for SVMA. 2018 DRI purchased many properties and retrieved badly needed maint fees (how I don't know for sure as yet). DRI has one property it owns that is 55% deeded property owners in control out of all the properties they have. This was conveyed to me on the phone. The deed in 2023 comes up for a vote and if 51% of the property owners of Fairway Forest want to sell their property then we all have to go along thus losing your property to DRI. I'm sure there will be something in the mail to convince you to sell or an offer you think is so good you have to sell. That is why I'm starting this thread so that we can have an information area to help us through the next 3 years and what is coming.
Questions:
1) Our units are in horrible shape furniture wise and maint wise so when are they getting upgraded ? And do we get to see what they look like in a rendering from the designer and will our maint cost go up? We have a document that states how much our maint fees are allowed to go up legally and we need to make sure they don't go over that percentage. How do we legally find out what DRI plans to do with our unit upgrades and what will the upgrades be?
2) Is DRI only fixing up the units they own?
3) Why is DRI sales pitch so rough on people? I heard on lady who was really upset and said 4 men jumped her in the room and tried to brow beat her into signing a deal. Not what I would call a fun afternoon.
4) We need legal representation to approach DRI with our needs and concerns. How do we pay for it?
5) As a group of owners if we are not ready for a discussion on the future of our ownership at Fairway Forest and we cave to DRI then I doubt you will have enough points to trade back at week 41, 42 time or any other high time anywhere else- only scraps left and II membership is a nightmare from what I have been reading and RCI is going downhill so trading is for major points only it looks like. Do we fight or do we cave?
6) How to legally get DRI's plans for Fairway Forest in writing?