• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FaceBook Song Of The Day.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Alan. I love the Carpenters and think the world lost a great voice when Karen died.

Like that song from Annie Get Your Gun. It's fun.

Ya know, I have always thought that, too. Even though I'm not a great fan of their music, I love her voice. Wow, what she could have done.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
10-26-2009

Song Of The Day = Basse-Danse (from Capriol Suite by Peter Warlock).

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
10-27-2009

Song Of The Day = 17 Come Sunday (from Folk Song Suite by Ralph Vaughan Williams).

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what tuggers favorite music genres are. Alan seems to like horns. What does everyone else like? I have eclectic tastes--classical, CW, '60s. I've been listening to some Indie and it is growing on me although most of the lyrics make no sense to me at all.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Eclectic.

Alan, I haven't heard "The Green Door" in a long time. I too loved the video portion of the green doors as the song played.

After listening to Georgia Gibbs sing 'Dance with me Henry' - I clicked on a few of her other facebook listings - really enjoyed them.

Thanks

Richard

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Her Nibs, Miss Georgia Gibbs.

After listening to Georgia Gibbs sing 'Dance with me Henry' - I clicked on a few of her other facebook listings - really enjoyed them.
Georgia Gibbs (1919-2006) lived a tough life & overcame big disadvantages. According to Wikipedia Dot Org, she spent her 1st 7 years in an orphanage, started work as a singer at age 13 & began singing in clubs at age 14. Later, she outlived her husband & their 1 child. Something to think about next time you hear her singing Tweedlee Deedlee Deedlee Dee.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Alan Likes Horns -- But That's Not All.

Alan seems to like horns.
Well of course I like horns. I like'm so well that I actually play them. Not only that, I will be substituting on horn with the National Concert Band Of America at rehearsal tomorrow night for a concert next Sunday (Nov. 8).

What's not to like ?

The thing is, great ensemble music includes not just horns, but lots of other instruments as well -- trumpets & cornets & tubas & trombones & euphoniums & baritones & saxophones & clarinets & flutes & piccolos & oboes & bassoons & cymbals & drums & tuneful percussion (xylophones, etc.) & violins & violas & cellos & bass viols & guitars & electric guitars & pianos & pipe organs & electric organs & I don't know what-all.

The reason I play mostly in bands & brass ensembles has more to do with the kinds & styles of music I'm familiar with than with any disdain for string orchestras & orchestral music. Also, some compositions written for classical orchestra (i.e., when modern wind instruments were still developing & had not yet become standardized or refined), are so light on, for instance, horn parts that the experience of a horn player in such an ensemble will vary between boredom (from sitting there counting 96 or so measures of rest) & terror (from having to come in on a high B-flat entrance way above the staff after sitting there getting semi-cold in the chops while counting all those measures of rest).

Modern & even romantic symphony orchestras, by contrast, have plenty for the horns & all the rest of the wind instruments to do. In fact, there are lots of modern & romantic orchestral pieces in which the wind instruments are playing all the melodic & other interesting parts while the strings are basically just laying down background & texture.

If you've been following the Songs Of The Day, you've noticed a strong flavor of nostalgia, with hardly any tunes by current or recent performers. I have nothing against the current crowd, but I am just not tuned into the latest hit tunes. That could change, or I could become even more set in my ways than I already am. Time will tell.

Meanwhile, there's plenty of music from all ages & in all stylistic varieties so nobody is apt to run out of tunes to listen to any time soon.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Also, some compositions written for classical orchestra (i.e., when modern wind instruments were still developing & had not yet become standardized or refined), are so light on, for instance, horn parts that the experience of a horn player in such an ensemble will vary between boredom (from sitting there counting 96 or so measures of rest) & terror (from having to come in on a high B-flat entrance way above the staff after sitting there getting semi-cold in the chops while counting all those measures of rest).

I wish that I was in the recording studio when Steely Dan was recording Aja (the song) on Aja (the album).

There was a "police whistle" gig. THAT I could do. Blow a police whistle three times at the bridge. No problems. Donald and Walt, please give a fan a chance to sit in on police whistle.

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
4th Chair Trumpet Player.

Click here.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you've been following the Songs Of The Day, you've noticed a strong flavor of nostalgia, with hardly any tunes by current or recent performers. I have nothing against the current crowd, but I am just not tuned into the latest hit tunes. That could change, or I could become even more set in my ways than I already am. Time will tell.

That would be me, also. I just don't know what is popular these days. I'm not sure where the bands get their names from, either. Death Cab for Cutie? :shrug: I never envisioned myself as an old fogie but I think that's what I've become. ;)

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Name That Band.

I'm not sure where the bands get their names from, either. Death Cab for Cutie?
Click here for 1 of the all-time great imaginative band names. 

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
That would be me, also. I just don't know what is popular these days. I'm not sure where the bands get their names from, either. Death Cab for Cutie? :shrug: I never envisioned myself as an old fogie but I think that's what I've become. ;)

My favorite band name is "Free Hot Lunch" -- every time they play, loads of "fogies" show up looking for a free hot lunch.

I love it.

http://www.rhapsody.com/free-hot-lunch