• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
there is a reminder in every membership renewal email to extend with credits...all you have to do is reply to that email and let us know!

RichardinLakeland

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare reviews

I'm new to TUG and have a question....
Can we post a "similar" review here and on Trip Advisor?
I have been posting on Trip Advisor prior to joining TUG but would like to take advantage of the membership extensions.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
as long as its your review, you can do whatever you like with it =)

we dont condone copying other sites reviews that arent yours however.

DaltonNoack

TUG Member
Reaction score
:wave::hi:
Ok here is the deal.

From now on, each and every REVIEW submitted successfully into the TUG database system here:

http://tug2.com/RnR/RateAndReviewResort.aspx

Will earn the submitting user a 2 month extension award credit on your membership, no questions asked. (or you can use this for a free classified ad if you wish)

There are no quality, length, or content requirements to earn this award...ANY REVIEW QUALIFIES! (within reason of course =) )

Any exceptional review, as decided by the TUG staff will receive a 6 month membership extension review credit award. (or free classified ad).

Also as always any review of a resort that has not been reviewed in the past 6 months will also earn a 6 month review award credit. (these are awarded about a month after submission as the review managers submit these to me separately).

While I will not send out an email for each and every 2 month award, you will get email confirmation about the granting of the 6month award.

Any time your membership is up for renewal, you can request the use of these awards to extend your membership! (a reminder is also in each renewal letter).

So in summary.

Any review = 2 month membership extension award (or free ad)

Exceptional review = 6 month membership extension award (or 3free ads)

6 month since last review = 6 month membership extension award (or 3 free ads)

)

questions or comments can either be posted here...or sent to me directly to tug@tug2.net

:whoopie:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have submitted a lot of reviews of resorts that haven't been reviewed in over six months, and most of them have been very thorough, and i have never received notification that i got a six month credit. (which is what the previous posts is quoting).

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I have submitted a lot of reviews of resorts that haven't been reviewed in over six months, and most of them have been very thorough, and i have never received notification that i got a six month credit. (which is what the previous posts is quoting).

I've done some like that and the email I received telling me they were accepted did not mention the fact that I got 6 mos credit but when it came time to renew and I responded that I want my credits used, I got 6 months for the ones I should have.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score

I've done some like that and the email I received telling me they were accepted did not mention the fact that I got 6 mos credit but when it came time to renew and I responded that I want my credits used, I got 6 months for the ones I should have.

I've never had an extension for the reviews I've done that said I would get one for posting. I am up for renewal in days. I guess I should just message Brian that I want to use my extensions?

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I've never had an extension for the reviews I've done that said I would get one for posting. I am up for renewal in days. I guess I should just message Brian that I want to use my extensions?

Yes, just reply to the email he sent to tell you your membership is about to expire. You need to tell him you want to use your credits to extend your membership because they can also be used to place ads if your free ones are used up and he has no way of knowing which option you want.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
every single renewal email specifically mentions how to renew with credits =)

mlefferts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this still in effect? I just submitted one and have another 3 to submit from our december-January trip. Thanks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, the 2/6mo membership renewal awards are still in effect.

there is a note in every single renewal email reminding users how to cash them in.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed at the Palms of Treasure Island (FL) thru a DAE exchange. Do I write a review, it is not on list in resort reviews.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you can submit a review of it and we will add it if its not in the database...whats the II/RCI code for that resort...just in case its listed under a different or old name?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
you can submit a review of it and we will add it if its not in the database...whats the II/RCI code for that resort...just in case its listed under a different or old name?

no, not in RCI and I don't have access to II.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I stayed at the Palms of Treasure Island (FL) thru a DAE exchange. Do I write a review, it is not on list in resort reviews.

Is this an actual timeshare? Looking at their website, it appears it may be a hotel/condo. Perhaps they just use DAE as a rental outlet or way to unload leftover inventory? I don't think you can buy a week there like you can at a traditional timeshare.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
eh, if someone wants to write a review, ill be happy to add a resort =)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
If this has been mentioned before, please point me to the post. I'm thinking it was discussed, but I can't find the thread. Thanks.

Regarding the "My Resort Reviews" tally on the Resort Ratings & Reviews page: I click the link to see the reviews I've submitted, and they show me a list going back, but it stops at 2008. Reviews prior to that are not listed, even though I can find them in the individual resort reviews pages. Is this the way it's supposed to be? That reviews prior to 2008 are not included in the tally?

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, stuff before 2008 isnt really "linked" to your membership, as all those reviews were imported from the previous/legacy resort reviews on TUG.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
yes, stuff before 2008 isnt really "linked" to your membership, as all those reviews were imported from the previous/legacy resort reviews on TUG.

Ok. I also note there are a couple of reviews around that 2008 time that are not shown on the resort pages, even though I know I submitted them. It's a moot point to resubmit them now, even if I could find my copy of the submission.

I do like having this list, however. It's nice going back to see where I've been, and when I was there. When planning future trips, knowing the time of year I was previously at a resort helps, so I know when I may want to go back again. :clap:

Thanks, Brian, for the good work, and prompt reply. You rock. ;)

Dave

truth1ness

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is any credit given for uploading pictures (with or without a review)?

Also, if I upload images in the images tab do I need to copy links to them inside my text review or is that done automatically?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
images will appear on the review page "resort images" tab, not within your review.

truth1ness

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I just submitted my first review! If I want to update/edit it how do I do that? In My Reviews I only see an option to View and it has not shown up in the resort reviews list yet. Can I only edit after it's been approved or something?

Also, I'm wondering if you would consider increasing the 1mb photo limit. Every modern phone camera takes photos that are bigger than that by default and it doesn't make sense to make reviewers have to re-scale every single picture they want to upload. A 1mb size limit is simply outdated and boring re-scaling/photo compression work is the last thing I want to do after a nice vacation. I would like to upload to TUG to add to the database but with that limitation and the slow one at a time uploading process I'm much more inclined to just upload a bunch on a third party site and add a link to my review. Just my 2 cents.