• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exit Attorneys are they legit

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't tell you how many commercials I've seen on cable tv of late from the "timeshare exit team" but it's quite a lot. Anyone else having the same experience?

I haven't. Bear in mind that:

1) TV shows I watch I usually do so with a PVR so I usually skip commercials.
2) Most of the time I spend in my car, I am with other people so the radio is not on.
3) They might not advertise extensively in my "neck of the woods" although a couple of years ago, I attended a large local Home Show exhibition and TSET actually had a booth set up.

Alliedog

Reaction score
Has anyone used Wyndham's Ovation program to exit timeshare?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Not personally, but thousands of others have certainly done so since the program was first implemented in 2015.

If you look in the RedWeek.com discussion forums (specifically, in the forum entitled Timeshare Companies), you will find many first hand accounts from people who have successfully utilized "Ovation" to bail out of their Wyndham ownerships. Nearly 500 posts in that Ovation thread, with a lot of specific input, contact information and many first hand experiences.

Ovation participants seem happy to be "out" of Wyndham, incurring no out of pocket cost to do so (aside, of course, from the understandable sting of giving back for FREE something for which they originally paid Wyndham thousands of dollars).

Wyndham apparently "cherry picks" what they will take back under Ovation. In other words, what you own may or may not be accepted for "deedback" under Ovation. You won't know until you have that conversation directly with Wyndham.
In any case, there must be no outstanding loan balance and maintenance fees must be up to date to be considered.

Last edited:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, with both a Wyndham unit and some Shell units. It took about 4 months, no problems with it. They prepared the deeds; you sign, notarize and return. Then they send you a letter saying it's done, eventually.