• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanging in II for NYC

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'm pretty new to using Interval International. Curious to know whether the four NYC resorts they list in their Resort Directory ever come up for exchange via ongoing searches? (Beekman Tower, Manhattan Club, Marriott Vacation Pulse, and Westgate New York City [BEE, MTW, MNY, and WN4])

I'm looking at a Fall 2021 timeframe, so have lots of time to set something up. Is an exchange a likely/possible thing, or is it better to just arrange a private reservation with someone? Is there a best way to exchange for a NYC location?

Dave

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did get an exchange once, into Manhattan Club Penthouse, through Interval, with an OGS. Have seen instant exchange sometimes for the Marriott, but usually for winter weeks.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Doesn't WorldMark trade both II and RCI?

If Worldmark uses both II and RCI I would check both and compare. MC charges a daily housekeeping fee in RCI. Does Manhattan Club charge resort fees for the II trades?

Also RCI trades with HGVC which has 3 properties in NYC. (soon to be 5 properties next year). Hands down HGVC has the most TS inventory in NYC and the new properties will likely have inventory that hasn't been sold yet deposited into RCI.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I believe Beekman Towers is getaways only, MC Penthouses get 0-2 deposits a year and they are usually last minute dead of winter, Marriott Pulse NYC is very sporadic and would likely go to someone with Marriott preference and I have never seen a Westgate NYC deposit. With RCI you likely have a 75% or greater success rate with an ongoing search although most RCI resorts will have daily resort fees. I think your chance with II is less than 5%. You may want to look into SFX as another alternative.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks for the info. I asked specifically about II because I have my WM account linked there. I don't have WM set up in RCI, and hadn't been planning to renew my RCI Weeks account, since I no longer own any weeks, and didn't expect to "need" RCI any more. And frankly, I was hesitant to use RCI because of the horror stories I've heard about how RCI exchangers are treated at MC. I did use SFX to exchange to NYC years ago, and I can certainly try that again, too.

Dave

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
And frankly, I was hesitant to use RCI because of the horror stories I've heard about how RCI exchangers are treated at MC.

Dave

I haven't heard this. Can you elaborate?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I haven't heard this. Can you elaborate?

Things like being charged a high Daily Fee, which was magically waived if taking the timeshare sales pitch tour. Daily harassment from sales team until accepting that tour. SFX exchangers did not have to pay the fee, nor did they get hassled about taking the sales tour. (Full disclosure: This was several years ago, so I don't know the current situation.)

Dave

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Things like being charged a high Daily Fee, which was magically waived if taking the timeshare sales pitch tour. Daily harassment from sales team until accepting that tour. SFX exchangers did not have to pay the fee, nor did they get hassled about taking the sales tour. (Full disclosure: This was several years ago, so I don't know the current situation.)
Dave

I've been looking around RCI recently thru the HGVC portal.
Saw some spotty 1-2 night openings, I think at Hilton W57th St location for remainder of the year. There was about a 2 week stretch available in Feb 2020.
Under Fees tab, RCI lists a daily resort fee around $52. Sounded like it could include breakfast from other amenities details, but not specifically stated as part of resort fee.
Honestly, I don't know what this resort fee will get you. Maybe happy hour cocktails?

JohnB3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
I see NY in RCI but have not seen it in II