• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanging for Disney Orlando area

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
Has anyone used their Wyndham points to exchange for Disney resorts ie. Saratoga Springs, Old Key West etc?

If so, how many points were required?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Usually 105K or 77K in Value. It will most likely be SSR. The exchange fee is $230 (if that isn't increasing) and Disney charges $190 at check in.

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
Great - thanks. Is there year round availability at SSR?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great - thanks. Is there year round availability at SSR?

If you put it in an OGS, it will match and match and match even when you throw it back. It does show up in a plain old search often. I burned a pretty old OGS when I made a match, and then it continued to show up in available inventory. I don't travel during prime seasons, so I wouldn't burn a match for SSR again. You just have to pop over and look. Or throw a match back and wait for it to show up in the Wyndham portal. That being said, RCI points and weeks accounts see better availability and at more resorts.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Don't expect anything larger than a 1 br. Even if there are 400-500 deposits all together throughout the year, you are competing against all RCI members who are also requesting DVC. In addition to the exchange fee there is a fee upon check in which I think is around $200.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can always opt for Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It is almost as convenient to WDW as the DVC resorts and you don't have to worry about extra RCI or DVC fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can always opt for Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It is almost as convenient to WDW as the DVC resorts and you don't have to worry about extra RCI or DVC fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that it is more convenient. It takes 15 minutes for the SSR bus to make it over to Chelonia Parkway. So no resort fee covers the rental car. And we have Gold AP so parking is free. This new Express transportation is fabulous. So my new Disney plan will be to stay at Bonnet Creek, drive the mile to HS, and use Express Transportation. My worse case has me taking a Boardwalk bus from late night hours and walking over to HS.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I think that it is more convenient. It takes 15 minutes for the SSR bus to make it over to Chelonia Parkway. So no resort fee covers the rental car. And we have Gold AP so parking is free. This new Express transportation is fabulous. So my new Disney plan will be to stay at Bonnet Creek, drive the mile to HS, and use Express Transportation. My worse case has me taking a Boardwalk bus from late night hours and walking over to HS.
Does your plan work if you have someone in a wheelchair in your party?

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
Don't expect anything larger than a 1 br. Even if there are 400-500 deposits all together throughout the year, you are competing against all RCI members who are also requesting DVC. In addition to the exchange fee there is a fee upon check in which I think is around $200.
1 br is fine for us. Are they readily available?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
They are. There is an ongoing thread on the Sightings/Distressed forum for DVC matches, as well as regular sightings of SSR when it shows up in open inventory. The best way to ensure the weeks/timeframe you want is to set up an ongoing search.

As far as the number of points necessary, you can check the points needed for a specific week by checking other 1BRs at Orlando resorts for the dates you want, even if no DVC is currently available. All of the Orlando resorts will require the same points on the same week, including DVC. You don't have to deposit the points until you make an OGS match, though if you're looking to snatch something out of open inventory I guess it would help to have the points already deposited. I've only ever used OGS to confirm a DVC exchange, so I don't know.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great, thanks! We will at Bonnet Creek Christmas...

If you drive, have at least one person get an annual pass (that gets you the free parking if you are doing a lot of Disney.) I think that Bonnet Creek charges $8 per person round trip for their shuttle (daily.) I can't imagine that Uber can be all that much but then there is getting in from MCO.

For the Express Transportation, they were standard buses that will load wheelchairs/ECV. If you haven't looked into it, the DAS program at Disney is excellent. We will be trying out Universal's disability service in a few months.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you drive, have at least one person get an annual pass (that gets you the free parking if you are doing a lot of Disney.) I think that Bonnet Creek charges $8 per person round trip for their shuttle (daily.) I can't imagine that Uber can be all that much but then there is getting in from MCO.

For the Express Transportation, they were standard buses that will load wheelchairs/ECV. If you haven't looked into it, the DAS program at Disney is excellent. We will be trying out Universal's disability service in a few months.
Thanks (again)!!! We will be driving, there will be 18 of us (seven of us driving.) My wife is in a wheelchair, she can transfer ( with assistance) into cars, but not buses or trolleys. We will give it a try!!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Thanks (again)!!! We will be driving, there will be 18 of us (seven of us driving.) My wife is in a wheelchair, she can transfer ( with assistance) into cars, but not buses or trolleys. We will give it a try!!

The Disney buses have ramps they lower for scooters and wheelchairs. If you are staying at Bonnet Creek it is very easy to park at one of the stops at the Caribbean Beach Resort and take the Disney buses to the Parks. Just make sure you remember which stop you parked at! When you enter the resort just tell them you are visiting friends staying there, park your car and wait for the bus to the Park of your choice.

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used their Wyndham points to exchange for Disney resorts ie. Saratoga Springs, Old Key West etc?

If so, how many points were required?

Wyndham deposits into RCI operate on a fixed points grid based solely on unit size and season, regardless of location. You can view this grid right on the same page where you deposit your points to RCI. Here's a screen grab:

upload_2017-5-8_15-42-6.png

pnkrockprincess

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: BLT and VGF
Wyndham Club Access
1 br is fine for us. Are they readily available?

I definitely wouldn't call them "readily available" There has been a little more availability in the last year since they increased the resort fee at check in to $195. But, DVC is one of if not THE most highly sought after trade in RCI. You need to put your ongoing search in as soon as possible. And be flexible with dates and don't need to travel during school holidays. Or if you need to plan more than about 4 months out (DVC has been depositing about 4 months out).

A "bulk" deposit (5-10 units) sometimes sits for a couple of hours, but that's it. If you're hoping to just log in whenever and have a choice of check in dates, that isn't going to happen.

Exchanging into DVC can be done, but it isn't easy.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I'd say it's fairly easy with a bit of flexibility and an ongoing search. With two searches going, I've hit with multiple resorts in May 2016 and March 2017. But correct, not easy if you expect to snatch exchanges sitting in open inventory.