• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchange to Calini Beach Club, Siesta Key

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here now and it is lovely. The condo is large and looks very nice. The beach is across the street and past a row of buildings. Free umbrella and two chairs on the beach. You can check out extra chairs and beach towels. Check in staff very nice.

Here is what I don’t like. No one in office at all on Sunday, so if you don’t get everything you need between check in at four and office closing at five thirty you are out of luck.

Outside lights on a timer, which didn’t go on for an hour after dark and it was dangerous. Will be worse tonight with the time change.
Can’t use pool or hot tub after dusk.
Check out instructions are too much, wash everything in dishwasher and put away on shelves before you leave, strip beds, remove all garbage, gather towels, etc etc etc.
long list of what it will cost if you break a glass, or misplace a washcloth
No starter coffee, or the pack with sugar, no soap.or shampoo etc.
I don’t like these kind of things at any timeshare,

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We used to own a week here. It is a nice place, but I agree the rules are a bit much. We used paper plates when we stayed and cups too.
We did the dishwasher the night before we left. Put dishes away in the morning, didn’t use the pool, went to the beach.
Hope you enjoy your stay despite the rules.
Silentg

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I will enjoy our stay. I used to own at a resort it’s the same long list of rules. No one is going to intentionally break a glass or steal one either.
When we pulled in at three, no one was at office. Check in at four. That gives a really short check in window.
We stayed herenine years ago. They did a nice remodeling job.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in big trouble. Unloaded the dishwasher which is across the kitchen from the shelves and put two glasses together. They are stuck. I will owe for two glasses.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
I am in big trouble. Unloaded the dishwasher which is across the kitchen from the shelves and put two glasses together. They are stuck. I will owe for two glasses.
Our DS has a set of glasses that always stick together. This is what he does and has never broken one yet. Put some ice cubes in the top glass & holding them at a bit of an angle run hot water over the outside of the bottom glass. Turn the glass around so the water goes on all sides. After a few seconds gently pull on the top glass to see if they come apart, they should, if not continue running hot water over the bottom glass and try again.

~Diane

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our DS has a set of glasses that always stick together. This is what he does and has never broken one yet. Put some ice cubes in the top glass & holding them at a bit of an angle run hot water over the outside of the bottom glass. Turn the glass around so the water goes on all sides. After a few seconds gently pull on the top glass to see if they come apart, they should, if not continue running hot water over the bottom glass and try again.

~Diane
I tried a version of this and it didn’t work, but I set the bottom in hot water

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
A woman staying at the motel between Calini and the beach said it has been sold and that it will be rebuilt with parking underneath and two floors above it. There goes the view.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's too bad. I think Cunningham is the management company. It's the same company that manages Longboat Bay Club, my favorite. Is the lights because of the turtles or is it all year long? As I remember it is far back from the beach. I've never stayed there but I did stay at sea club v. I've stayed at LBC a dozen times. I always break the bedding down, take out the garbage and start the dishwasher. I probably have broke a glass at sometime and never was charged. I do that everywhere I stay, it helps me double check if I left anything. Hope the red tide isn't bad, I love siesta key.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t mind starting the dishwasher but they want everything put away in the morning that was in the dishwasher.
The lights did come on, but an hour after dark.
Not to use pool or hot tub after dark, which was 5:45 while we were there.
Did I mention we arrived at three, and no one was in office. Sign said come back at four.