TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

estoppel issues?

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by hurnik, Oct 12, 2017.

1. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

So my resale Flamingo is going a tad slow, IMO. Given that it has no ROFR, I kinda expected things to go a bit quicker.

Anyway, got an email from the title closing company (I think) that Judi Koz uses (timeshare resale closing service):

Is this anything to be concerned about? I've never had this issue with the other realtor I've used in the past, but am unfamiliar with why the seller would have to become involved?

Thanks!

2. marinskas

marinskas TUG Member

Send an e-mail to clubsupport@hgvc.com to inquire. I have really good experience with the group at HGVC that does back office stuff (waivers, estoppels, etc.). In my experience they have been very responsive and really accommodating.

3. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    HGVC office must be backed up. Even though they don’t have rofr the Estoppel they provide will show how many points you will be getting by year, you can verify status of maint fees and if any points were borrowed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

Ugh, what a mess.

I emailed the clubsupport about this. They replied back that they have not received ANY request from any closing company for anything for my club member ID.

So I've forwarded that to the Closing company that Judi uses and we'll see what's going on.

What's weird is that one of the ladies at Judi's place seems to have 2 different email addresses. One @judikoz.com and the other at the timeshare closing company that they use. (Unless outlook.com is screwing things up which is a distinct possibility)

5. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

Sounds like something is inconsistent at your escrow processor. I recently closed on a resale property and the HGVC and escrow people were fantastic and everything went smoothly. Closed the entire transaction in 47 days - and that included a week's closure due to Florida hurricanes.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017 at 6:26 PM
  6. rahulgopi

rahulgopi TUG Member

Which escrow / title company are you using?. I have done few transactions with Judi , used TRCS for transfer and everything went really smooth. I specifically worked with Karina@TRCS.

7. marinskas

marinskas TUG Member

I have used LT on multiple transactions and have to say they are top notch organization. Very reasonably priced (actually the cheapest I have seen) and outstanding customer service. I mean they are responsive and turn things around in record time.

I will only use them and highly recommend to others.

8. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

Looks like Judi Koz is using:

Timeshare Resale Closing Service, Inc.

I'm guessing either HGVC dropped the ball or the Closing company did.

9. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    This is the 2nd issue we've seen with JK's closings in the last few weeks.
    The other was a botched deed.
    She may be a reputable broker, but one wonders if her closing service has issues.

10. rahulgopi

rahulgopi TUG Member

As mentioned above, I have used TRCS before for 3 transfers and all went smooth. Usually they follow upp often. Hopefully yours will get rectified soon.

11. RX8

RX8 TUG Member

Maybe HGVC did indeed receive the estoppel request. Shouldn’t HGVC be looking up the seller’s member ID for the estoppel request and not your existing member ID?