TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $13,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $13Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Escape from Vidanta

Discussion in 'Mexico Timesharing' started by Eric B, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Massanutten, Wyndham, Vidanta Estates, Buganvilias Sky Suites, Colonies at Williamsburg, Captain Morgan's Retreat
    That's actually the gate between the Grand Mayan and the adjacent Mayan Island condominiums that were developed by Vidanta. The folks that bought those directly from Mayan Island have access to use the Grand Mayan pools; there's another condo building over by GL Tower 5 where I've seen listings on VRBO saying that they have access to the Mayan Palace pools. I believe the "little gate" was near the golf course somewhere and I've heard rumors they may open it again. We'll be back down there at the end of May and check it out; will try to post the location if it is open.

BTW, Vidanta does have at least one property where you can catch a bus - the Mayan Palace at Puerto Vallarta, which is actually in the Marina Vallarta area. The bus to downtown Puerto Vallarta stops across the street from the front door (no gate) and is simple to go out and catch. Not as cushy as the Grand Luxxe, of course, or as well located as Buganvilias, but convenient to the Marina Vallarta Thursday market in the high season and actually a decent place to go.

T-Dot-Traveller likes this.
  2. rpennisi

rpennisi Guest

I was very impressed by the Thursday market this past February 21st at the marina in PV. The variety of stalls was incredible from food to many types of goods. The walkways were packed with tourists and I am sure foreign residents from the surrounding area. Another good reason to use the MP at the marina in PV. The only negative I find at the MP in PV is the lack of wifi in the rooms. There is wifi available in the lobby area, and a popular spot for many all hours of the day and night.

3. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Massanutten, Wyndham, Vidanta Estates, Buganvilias Sky Suites, Colonies at Williamsburg, Captain Morgan's Retreat
    That was pretty much my impression of the wifi. Cell reception was fine, though (with Sprint) and I got by using a personal hotspot. I'm not sure how much of the year the market runs for; I did meet a local fellow that makes pasta and sells it there and to local restaurants; he spent about five years living in Italy, so speaks Italian as well as English and Spanish. Good sauces, too.

4. jssquared

jssquared TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe
    I am not diminishing the difficulty in getting off the property, and we leave the property typically several times during the week. But, just go to the taxi stand and take a taxi. It is more expensive and takes some time if you go North (because you have to start out towards PV and then turn around). It is not as if Vidanta has the property on lock down. I would much prefer to simply walk out, but you can get out if needed.

mikenk likes this.
  5. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Taxi is always an option, of course. Seems like overkill to run out to OXXO for a little shopping, though, or to just be able to walk out in town or go to a local restaurant.

6. jssquared

jssquared TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe
    Eric - agreed!

7. rpennisi

rpennisi Guest

We ate at Tramonto last January at NV. The bolognese sauce was terrific. I asked the waiter if the chef was Italian. He was Mexican, very impressive.

8. KathyAH475

KathyAH475 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe
    DVC
    MVC

Oh my goodness, this is what I was hoping to be able to do but haven't tried yet. I want to be sure I understand: I won't have to cross that horrid street to get to the collectivo to PM or back? I had a panic attack while crossing it and will never do that again!