TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Eplus When can I purchase?

Discussion in 'Exchanging' started by patty5ia, Jul 1, 2018.

1. patty5ia

patty5ia TUG Member

i have deposited a week in II for an ongoing search. Have I lost my chance to purchase e plus or can I purchase later?

2. tschwa2

tschwa2 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    You can purchase eplus up to 5 days from the date the actual match/exchange is made. So if you find out on October 1 that your ongoing search matched on September 31, you can add eplus up until October 5.

3. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    I think you can also go in to the My History section and look at the Exchange tab and find the request at the very bottom. I think there is an option to add ePlus at this time. Though it isn't really necessary, because as said, you can add it up to five days after confirmation. I really would never add it before confirmation anyway.

4. hudshut

hudshut TUG Member

I agree that it is not strategic to add it in advance. You may get exactly what you want and not need to change.
    Once you get the confirmation, you may know whether there is uncertainty surrounding the resorts or dates, and you may wish to mitigate the risk by purchasing the e-plus retrade option at that point.

5. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

There are two advantages to purchasing it in advance, even though I never do it. The first is you lock in the current price, because it will go up. The second is if you get a match and do not notice the email, or you get hit with bad luck and they never sent the email, you could miss the window by the time you notice you had a match.