• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Englewood Beach & Yacht Club?

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're headed there 10/21 to 28..Originally we were going to Marriott Ocean Pointe, Palm Beach Shores. (9/22 to 29)..Well, that was cancelled due to Hurricane Irma...I realize Englewood can't compare to MOP, but was wondering what to expect. We need BEACH now!! Have u been? pros & cons plz...

FYI...I've done some research on it...Reviews were good and bad like many reviews..

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
We stay in Englewood for 3 1/2 months (Jan-Apr), and love the area. We stay in a condo on Lemon Bay which is about 6 miles from where you are staying. I'm not familiar with the exact facility that you are staying at but have surely have driven past it several times. I'm sure that the area will not be congested (as it is when we go) and it will give you a chance to explore the area. The beach is very nice. If you have beach directly in front of your unit you will not have to go to the public beach (which can't be more than a few hundred yards up the road). There are at least 3 beaches on the Key that you are staying at. We prefer Englewood's public beach. If you are handicapped and have a sticker you do not have to pay for parking. The public beach has a "Beach Guy" that rent's chairs and umbrellas very reasonably, but you can bring your own if you like. Manasota Key's beaches are not the fine white sand that you find up in Siesta....but they are very nice and the Gulf water is very comfortable. There are 3-4 restaurants/bars near the beach and are very popular. We like the "Lock and Key" and the Gulf View" best for food. The Sand Bar Tiki and White Elephant are good for music, drinks and laughs.
One downside is that for shopping (food & clothing), you have to go across the bridge to the mainland (about 4 miles) and you will find a Publix & Beal's store at Merchant's Crossing. We like it there and have been going for 5 years. I hope this helps. BTW.....we used to stay at OP for 6 weeks but prefer Englewood and the west coast lifestyle.
Mike

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't this one on the bay, across from the beach?

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rapmarks, U R correct...The beach is across the road and is Englewood's sorta private beach I was told..The building overlooks the bay.. Rapmarks, Aren't u from Mt Top?

Mike, Thanks for the info..We were told Englewood won't put out beach loungers,cuz of turtle nests...We'll just buy a couple..We also wanna see beaches in Sarasota..We will definitely go to Publix to load up on groceries and check out bars/restaurants..

Thx guys...

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
No not from mountain top

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that Rapmarks...Have u mixed up w/ someone else..
I hope a really nice person. I will be in estero when you are in englewood

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Unless the Yacht club has two sections (one Bayside & one Gulfside), I believe that you are on the Gulf side of Gulf Blvd.
If you look at the Yacht Club's website then enlarge the map (several times) you will see exactly where the EYC sits.
If you enlarge it several times more it will even provide locations of restaurants, bars, street names etc.
Mike

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I went to this resort on Oct 21; expecting to stay until Oct 28...When we checked in, we were totally disgusted with the Filth..Attendant showed us to our unit..Filthy dirty!!! And uninhabitable...We went to our car immediately to figure out what to do...We checked out the places near us..We called a 1-800# on the signs outside a few places...We were desperate ..Long story, short...We were able to rent a condo on the beach..Very nice.

I went back to Yacht Club and told attendant "We can't stay here cuz the unit is filthy dirty"..He gave a look of surprise ..I gave the paperwork back to him and said " I'm not trying to hurt ur feelings, but we just can't stay here..

FYI...I wouldn't let a dog stay in this place..

Called Interval and told them about the place and what we had to do...They said they will send $189 exchange fee and we have until September 2018 to pick a change.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
That is so awful. We have a timeshare in Punta Gorda that is closed because of Hurricane damage. I looked on RCI and they are not doing exchanges until June 2018. There is no excuse to let people exchange into a dirty and damaged resort. Yacht Club should be closed until it brings the standards up with renovations and cleaning. This is what I expect from my timeshare.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
My wife and I went to this resort on Oct 21; expecting to stay until Oct 28...When we checked in, we were totally disgusted with the Filth..Attendant showed us to our unit..Filthy dirty!!! And uninhabitable...We went to our car immediately to figure out what to do...We checked out the places near us..We called a 1-800# on the signs outside a few places...We were desperate ..Long story, short...We were able to rent a condo on the beach..Very nice.

I went back to Yacht Club and told attendant "We can't stay here cuz the unit is filthy dirty"..He gave a look of surprise ..I gave the paperwork back to him and said " I'm not trying to hurt ur feelings, but we just can't stay here..

Called Interval and told them about the place and what we had to do...They said they will send $189 exchange fee and we have until September 2018 to pick a change.
Thanks for updating us. Please do a review on tug so others will be aware of your experience.

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
So sorry to hear about your experience at the EYC. We've never stayed there and didn't know anyone that has. My post was relegated toward it's "location" on Manasota Key.
I hope you enjoyed the area after finding a suitable condo.
Bravo to you for going back and telling the attendant what he should have already known.
Mike

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike, the area is great. Very low key.I was amazed by so many people looking for Shark Teeth...No matter where u go, folks are digging in sand for shark teeth...They tell me they are 10K years old....I'm like; "Uh ok"...Went to Manasota Beach...Nice beach
Took a couple trips to Siesta Key.(about an hour away)..It has become our Fave beach in Florida...And we've been to many..