• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Embarc Zihuatanejo

Sebastopolskippy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are arriving for a trade into the Embarc Zihautanejo on 09/08/18. Does anyone have experience with an Interval International trade into this resort? I called directly to request a view and the employee who took my call said that guests on II trades do not get a view room and must pay extra to upgrade to a view if its available and she could only give information about what that cost or if it would be available when we arrived. We have reserved a 2 bedroom 2 bath, and from all of the reviews I read on this resort I was under the impression that all of the 2 bedrooms had views of the bay. Any insight into this from someone who has traded into this resort would be greatly appreciated!

Sebastopolskippy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are arriving for a trade into the Embarc Zihautanejo on 09/08/18. Does anyone have experience with an Interval International trade into this resort? I called directly to request a view and the employee who took my call said that guests on II trades do not get a view room and must pay extra to upgrade to a view if its available and she could only give information about what that cost or if it would be available when we arrived. We have reserved a 2 bedroom 2 bath, and from all of the reviews I read on this resort I was under the impression that all of the 2 bedrooms had views of the bay. Any insight into this from someone who has traded into this resort would be greatly appreciated!

I can inform anyone who is interested in the future now that I have been there! We arrived and were treated fabulously about getting a view room. The manager walked us around to several different units and was patient,and friendly while we made our decision. We could have upgraded for under $200 for the week to a two bedroom two bath but in the end we chose a one bedroom, two bath with an amazing ocean view, in the center of the resort, two floors above the pool. We loved it, and there was no charge. You might think they did this because then they would have a 2br to rent but there was virtually no one at the resort all week. We loved this resort, the staff and everything about Zihautanejo!

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you have any concerns safety wise?

Sebastopolskippy

TUG Member
Reaction score
None. The resort had excellent security. The beach is beautiful and felt safe to us even as the sun set and in the early evening hours. The people of Zihautanejo are friendly and happy to have you there. This is not a place that I would rent a car and go driving around in the Countryside but I felt safer than I feel in big cities in the US in regularly traveled tourist areas and I loved it! Best beach vacation possibly ever!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Thanks for the first hand report. Zihuatanejo is on our short list.