• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

email just received - Important Updates to Your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Program Guidelines

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 10 contract max affected me. But I would've liked to see what it would of accomplished first. Save these changes if that didn't work.

The only change that I agree needed to be addressed was with the credit pool.
Not saying this was the best way. But they had to stop future years coming available now
Some of the other changes were good and helped most owners

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked at the 14 day thing again, because that's appealing for us. We really like having extra days at the end and beginning of our vacations, so we can check right in the day we arrive (check-in a day late) and linger if we have to on the final day (check out a day early).

There is a asterisk on the 14 days saying that 14 day reservations may not be available at certain resorts and that check-in days may be fixed at certain resorts. I'm sure for resorts originally sold as fixed weeks that 14-day reservations or mid-week check-in won't be available, but for resorts sold purely as UDI, that really shouldn't be a problem.

Any ideas when this will go live?

I just took screen captures of my current point status and current reservations just in case....

Wise move on the screen shots. The written position is latter this spring. As of this morning, Owners Care is talking about the supplement to some degree. They also indicated latter this spring. A internet site called the 1st day of Summer this year as June 27, 2017.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
The go live I heard is May 20.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
They could have required payment for the points pulled forward

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, but isn't there already (or was at one time recently) a 40 contract limit? I'm guessing @ronparise would know.

I'm not sure that's really something that would be listed in the directory.

It is(was) 40 and although I had heard that it was 40 I didn't know for sure until my 41st settled

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
The elimination of the credit pool is a serious hit, even for this resale owner. Now I have to know precisely how many points I'll be using in precisely the correct year.

I can see a lot of wasted points occurring in the future.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is something they would put in the directory. And as they don't even have a launch date yet who is to say they are done rolling out changes. I doubt there are many Wyndham owners who have 10 direct sale contracts in their accounts and I can't see Wyndham being concerned with the fate of resale owners as Wyndham doesn't make money off them.

Since I first read the post about the 10 contract limit I've wondered if having a large number of contracts in one account might have something to do with why some people have points appearing and disappearing in their accounts. Is it more than the system can handle resulting in points accounting problems?

I can see advantages to Wyndham sales if they impose a 10 contract limit. Say you have 7 or 8 smaller contracts at various resorts. You go to an update and the sales person tells you about the rule and that for a minimum purchase costing you only this much we can "fix" your account. Many of us have experienced the sales people offering to "fix' issues with our accounts in the updates so we know just how the spiel goes. They take back however many of your contracts/deeds and roll them over into one new bigger contract/deed and you go merrily on your way having "only" spent $10-$15k more and getting maybe 105k more points.

As Ron said it is easy for them to identify the accounts with more than 10 contracts in them, set those accounts up for review and handle them on an individual basis like they've done with the frozen accounts.
The reason for a 10 contract limit if thats something they are going to do is to put a limit on the number of resale points that get VIP benefits

So if I have a VIP account made up of 3 direct purchases or 2 pics and one direct purchase I can only add 7 resale contracts. The 8th goes to a new account and it won't be VIP.

You are right that the fix will be another direct purchase and a consolidation

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Adding a name makes them financially responsible for the MFs. I don't intend to force this on any family member. My plan was to set up a trust, but at this point no one is interested in taking on the MF obligation. While they do share in the costs of MFs when they use the unit, taking on the obligation is a much bigger decision.

I did attach Pathways to a contract. I am hoping that will still be available in some form when I choose to exit. Luckily I bought most of my points from Wyndham as foreclosure units or units that had been abandoned at greatly reduced prices.

I am hoping that Wyndham will see that this sets up smaller families as lessor owners with lessor benefits than memberships with more members. It is an unfair reduction of benefits to those with smaller family ownership.
There are low-risk ways of getting around this if you open your mind to the possibilities.

I added several owners to my account when I bought a small 32k contract (I had to be one of the owners on the deed for this to work). They are only financially liable for about $12/month for that contract only. But they have ability to use all my points as owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
On one of the other threads this just came up, but I will post here for impressions.

OK they have added a feature that lets you request an upgrade at time of booking during SRP, and when the Upgrade windows becomes available, if an upgrade is available it will process it automatically.

But I am assuming they have NOT eliminated other current methods of booking and upgrading a unit. So during upgrade window in ERP if there is still units available and there are upgrade opportunities, the system should still allow the upgrade of these units. Do you think that functionality will stay or will go away with this new upgrade request.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im sure it will stay. The key words in what you say are "if available".

So that means that discounts and upgrades will be used for their real purpose to get the stuff no one wants, reserved

If available? You wanna guess how many Mardi Gras or bike week reservations will be available at 60 days, or how many 4th of July weeks at the beach

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Im sure it will stay. The key words in what you say are "if available".

So that means that discounts and upgrades will be used for their real purpose to get the stuff no one wants, reserved

If available? You wanna guess how many Mardi Gras or bike week reservations will be available at 60 days, or how many 4th of July weeks at the beach

Not any Ron, but I don't expect those to be in there at 60 day mark. The vast majority 80% of my bookings are likely inside the 60 day mark. So having the ability to upgrade as it is now is something I am interested in. Not in the business of finding high demand stays during the discount period.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
The irony here is that - since they did not implement a waitlist - cancel/rebook still survives for the smallest units.

It is just cancel/rebook/upgrade that gets a lot more difficult.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not any Ron, but I don't expect those to be in there at 60 day mark. The vast majority 80% of my bookings are likely inside the 60 day mark. So having the ability to upgrade as it is now is something I am interested in. Not in the business of finding high demand stays during the discount period.

You will be fine, that's what the discounts and upgrades are for.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The irony here is that - since they did not implement a waitlist - cancel/rebook still survives for the smallest units.

It is just cancel/rebook/upgrade that gets a lot more difficult.

That's actually a big change, and a big deal.
You are right that we can probably cancel and rebook a studio. And as nice as that might be the end result is a half price studio. So I save (steal) 60000 points from the club. Compare that to the guy that gets a 3 bedroom for half the studio rate. A savings of up to 250000 points or more

These new rules won't stop all the abuse, but it will likely stop a bunch

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
Overall, I think that the changes won't really affect many. Except for the fact that one RT not being good for an entire day, which kinda stinks. Otherwise, I think the positives outweigh that negative for most. Those used to credit pooling, probably won't be happy. Stripping contracts will end, which is probably a good thing. That practice always sounded like a ponzi scheme to me.

I'm really excited about the laxing of the rules regarding check-in day and also the length of the reservation. It will be interesting to see how that pans out. I'm thinking that the new policy might create a lot of orphaned days, which is probably an unintended consequence.

Is this how reservations work in Worldmark? I ask because I don't own any. Does Worldmark allow 14 day reservations and any checkin day?

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm really excited about the laxing of the rules regarding check-in day and also the length of the reservation. It will be interesting to see how that pans out. I'm thinking that the new policy might create a lot of orphaned days, which is probably an unintended consequence.

Is this how reservations work in Worldmark? I ask because I don't own any. Does Worldmark allow 14 day reservations and any checkin day?
WorldMark does allow any day check in. The length of stay is limited only by the number of credits one owns, so stays of 30, 45, or more days are certainly possible.

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am on my phone now and it is hard to see the fine print.

I saw that we can book up to 14 days and single days. Can we book stays that aren't 3,4 or 7 nights in prime season?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I am on my phone now and it is hard to see the fine print.

I saw that we can book up to 14 days and single days. Can we book stays that aren't 3,4 or 7 nights in prime season?

Yes, dependent upon individual resort policies. In other words, it will vary by resort.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe inside of 14 days the frustrating problem of "doublets" goes away, you'll be able to pick up the single night you need. Outside of 14 days I don't think you can book a single night and you used to be able to if one was "orphaned" from the rest of its week... not sure if that ability is going away now outside 14 days.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Once again this goes to show that timeshares are rarely a good purchase as management can change the rules at anytime. They can do it to benefit one set of owners or another or even (mostly) themselves.

This is exactly the reason that I replaced my 4 Marriott Weeks some 25 or so years ago with Fixed Week/Fixed Unit Weeks at HOA controlled Independent Resorts. This one decision resulted in many years of stress free TimeSharing.

George

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
So, if I move points using the new & unimproved "Points Deposit Feature" but still don't use them by the end of the new use year, can I at least dump them into RCI? Or are they restricted similar to current Credit Pool points?

NCQuilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham King Cotton
Wyndham Club Wyndham Access
If I read this right, they have put an end to speculative bookings... and to megarenting as we know it

If you have overlapping reservations a guests name must be added within 48 hours of confirmation If no guests name then the reservations will be cancelled and points forfeited

so no more making 10 reservations for one event and then advertising to find your paying guest..

as I see it this makes large scale commercial renting a thing of the past

and with the upgrade button there will be no cancel/rebook of popular reservations, except perhaps studios (and 1 bedrooms at the places that dont have studios)
If I read this right, they have put an end to speculative bookings... and to megarenting as we know it

If you have overlapping reservations a guests name must be added within 48 hours of confirmation If no guests name then the reservations will be cancelled and points forfeited

so no more making 10 reservations for one event and then advertising to find your paying guest..

as I see it this makes large scale commercial renting a thing of the past

and with the upgrade button there will be no cancel/rebook of popular reservations, except perhaps studios (and 1 bedrooms at the places that dont have studios)

I'm not confident this will put an end to megarenters or those who choose to book a number of units during the same period. Some of these folks have multiple accounts, and multiple owners for each individual account. It appears each owner of an account can have a booking in his/her name and these will not be considered multiple bookings. Those with multiple accounts can simply book units in different accounts. And if the above don't apply or aren't sufficient for multiple bookings in the same period, megarenters will simply put guest confirmations in the names of friends or relatives, then change them when a real renter is booked. If the megarenters are platinum owners, they get 15 free guest confirmations per year per 1 million points. If that's not enough, they'll just modify their rents to cover their expenses. This is just my opinion of why megarenting will not be eliminated entirely by the changes. Now, if the new system can differentiate between developer and resale points, maybe there is potential to squelch more of the megarenter activity. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

NCQuilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham King Cotton
Wyndham Club Wyndham Access
I've been on hold for 38 minutes. Grrr.....

An hour and 20 minutes later----

I'm REALLY unhappy about these changes and I let the vacation counselor know. I asked who I needed to speak to higher up about my displeasure with these changes, and he said that he would be happy to talk to me about it. He had no other number or customer service information.

I was not able to credit pool 2019 points; I expressed my frustration that there was no notification given that this would be changed.

I did find out through my ranting that upgrades will be first come first serve. So if you book your unit 13 months out and opt-in for the upgrade, you will be one of the first to receive the upgrade.

I believe this is a major disadvantage for VIP gold owners. I can't see how any upgrades will be available.
I've been on hold for 38 minutes. Grrr.....

An hour and 20 minutes later----

I'm REALLY unhappy about these changes and I let the vacation counselor know. I asked who I needed to speak to higher up about my displeasure with these changes, and he said that he would be happy to talk to me about it. He had no other number or customer service information.

I was not able to credit pool 2019 points; I expressed my frustration that there was no notification given that this would be changed.

I did find out through my ranting that upgrades will be first come first serve. So if you book your unit 13 months out and opt-in for the upgrade, you will be one of the first to receive the upgrade.

I believe this is a major disadvantage for VIP gold owners. I can't see how any upgrades will be available.

I agree the auto-upgrade change is not a good thing for VIP Gold and Platinum owners, nor for those who don't/can't make long-range plans. Now what will the Sales peeps come up with to sell us all those extra points that have been touted for use in cancel/rebook?

happyhopian

Reaction score
VIP Points are NOT restricted to developer purchased. I'm good! Thanks Wyndham!