• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

EBay seller: thetransfergroup

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have concerns with that and with many other things including BBB rating--that is the worst I have seen.
Pain of being taken far exceeds joy of getting good deal therefore unless they can make me feel reasonably comfortable I should walk away.
Greed can lead one to make some foolish moves

@ibnewt you can probably thank panina
Hope the promise of a refund is real

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
5finny, be sure the estoppel is not an old one, but current.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I won an auction last night and received estoppel which seems to check out ok. So I will update the thread when I make progress on getting this in my name.

antjmar

Reaction score
And they promptly sent it to me
I purchased from them via ebay early July (before seeing this post). They were resposive with estoppel and contract. After that was done it would take a week or so to return an email or call. After a couple months no replies at all. They kept telling me transfer fee and paperwork had been sent to Wyndham but Wyndham had not recieved (thats why I was calling). Finally received docs from Wyndham two weeks ago and hopefully it will be completed soon. The cost wasnt much so I'm not too concerned. I think a little more communication would make them a decent seller but they seem to stop communicating once they receive contract. So Im at over 4 months already and probably have 6-8 more weeks if it goes through. I have purchased from others at this resort and it never took so long....YMMV. Good luck!

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased from them via ebay early July (before seeing this post). They were resposive with estoppel and contract. After that was done it would take a week or so to return an email or call. After a couple months no replies at all. They kept telling me transfer fee and paperwork had been sent to Wyndham but Wyndham had not recieved (thats why I was calling). Finally received docs from Wyndham two weeks ago and hopefully it will be completed soon. The cost wasnt much so I'm not too concerned. I think a little more communication would make them a decent seller but they seem to stop communicating once they receive contract. So Im at over 4 months already and probably have 6-8 more weeks if it goes through. I have purchased from others at this resort and it never took so long....YMMV. Good luck!

Had several conversations with Anthony.
This is a Marriott and I have the estoppel
He has agreed I do not have to send them any money unless and until it passes ROFR
With that I have decided to move forward
It sounds like that is an attempt to improve their reputation

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
I'm going to file next week if this is not resolved.

Has the Missouri Attorney general gotten back to you?

On October 23rd I did get a letter emailed back from the Attorney General with the complaint they sent to The Transfer Group.

ibnewt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on my promised refund almost a month after the ROFR was exercised. I recommend anyone who enters into a proposed transaction with Transfer Group to follow 5Finny's lead and not deliver payment unless and until you can guarantee performance. Maybe consider using an escrow arrangement you secure without Transfer Group input.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on my promised refund almost a month after the ROFR was exercised. I recommend anyone who enters into a proposed transaction with Transfer Group to follow 5Finny's lead and not deliver payment unless and until you can guarantee performance. Maybe consider using an escrow arrangement you secure without Transfer Group input.

So far everything is going OK
Anthony has been responsive and the units have passed Marriott's ROFR
I am now going to pay by credit card--that gives me some protection but certainly not as much as an independent escrow
I did an internet search on the deeds and see that one unit was put in a family trust and the other unit deeded the property to themselves and their kids-issues but should not be fatal.
I asked Anthony why ibnewt was not getting his refund and he didn't know
His email is -- a.lankford@thetransfergroup.net--
I do not know if an email to him might help

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So far everything is going OK
Anthony has been responsive and the units have passed Marriott's ROFR
I am now going to pay by credit card--that gives me some protection but certainly not as much as an independent escrow
I did an internet search on the deeds and see that one unit was put in a family trust and the other unit deeded the property to themselves and their kids-issues but should not be fatal.
I asked Anthony why ibnewt was not getting his refund and he didn't know
His email is -- a.lankford@thetransfergroup.net--
I do not know if an email to him might help

If one has been put into a trust, be sure the closing company knows this as the rarely do a title search. It will have to be conveyed by the trustee of the trust and a certificate of authority will need to be recorded for you to get good title. Good thing you did a title search.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
If one has been put into a trust, be sure the closing company knows this as the rarely do a title search. It will have to be conveyed by the trustee of the trust and a certificate of authority will need to be recorded for you to get good title. Good thing you did a title search.
The trust deed contains a "full powers " clause (trustees have full powers to deal with and convey property) and trustees of family trust are the original owners--looks like deed was prepared by an attorney in their home state (not south carolina) and I am not sure if marriott was informed .
In some states that would mean a certificate would not be needed--in south carolina I don't know. I also don't know if this creates a potential issue with marriott. I consider these to be problems and risks you get dealing with most ebay sellers and not unique to this seller.
I have offered at my expense to purchase a title policy.
Can anyone suggest a title company or south carolina attorney I can work with ?
I remain cautiously optimistic

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The trust deed contains a "full powers " clause (trustees have full powers to deal with and convey property) and trustees of family trust are the original owners--looks like deed was prepared by an attorney in their home state (not south carolina) and I am not sure if marriott was informed .
In some states that would mean a certificate would not be needed--in south carolina I don't know. I also don't know if this creates a potential issue with marriott. I consider these to be problems and risks you get dealing with most ebay sellers and not unique to this seller.
I have offered at my expense to purchase a title policy.
Can anyone suggest a title company or south carolina attorney I can work with ?
I remain cautiously optimistic

I've bought quite a few that were put in a trust and that's no problem. The issue is if the closing company doesn't know it's been put in a trust (and they usually won't unless the sellers tell them), they will do a deed conveying title from the individuals to the new owner, not from the trust to the new owners, in which case the title won't convey to the new owners. Likely Marriott doesn't know it's in a trust but that shouldn't be a problem.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've bought quite a few that were put in a trust and that's no problem. The issue is if the closing company doesn't know it's been put in a trust (and they usually won't unless the sellers tell them), they will do a deed conveying title from the individuals to the new owner, not from the trust to the new owners, in which case the title won't convey to the new owners. Likely Marriott doesn't know it's in a trust but that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks
They promised to send me proposed deeds before recording so I should be able to check

antjmar

Reaction score
Please delete

Last edited:

ibnewt

TUG Member
Reaction score
So two and a half weeks later and still no refund. Anthony only provided information along the lines of he sent the request to finance and cannot provide additional details, as he is just in charge of the listings. I contacted my credit card company to dispute the transaction. I received a credit within 48 hours. My recommendation is to tread carefully if looking to work with the Transfer Group on a transaction.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
My recommendation is to tread carefully if looking to work with the Transfer Group on a transaction.

I recommend not working with them at all.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
I too just ran into trouble with them. Two deeded properties stuck in their internal deeding for 2 months and now no response to messages

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Called Anthony today on the only number I had for him (4178835034) and it was a voicemail for the company stating they have had computer issues. No option to speak with anyone live. If you push 2 you get Anthony’s voicemail. No response to emails over past month either.
Humbug

Last edited:

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Called Anthony today on the only number I had for him (417-883-5034) and it was a voicemail for the company stating they have had computer issues. No option to speak with anyone live. If you push 2 you get Anthony’s voicemail. No response to emails over past month either.
Humbug
Update, I did get a return call from Anthony and am promised a resolution by Friday.

antjmar

Reaction score
Update my July purchase appeared in my account today!!!:cheer:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
They said my deed got rejected because of errors. If I understand the closing process correctly, if a deed gets rejected for errors, they have to submit an entirely new quit claim deed which the seller has to have notarized. So that delays the process, but it shouldn't take two months. I am about ready to contact ebay and put in a dispute with my credit card company.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Long time lurker/member here. I feel compelled to add to this thread. I won (...if that is the right term) one of their auctions back in August. Marriott NCV EOY Platinum. Communications were OK at the outset but now all I hear are crickets. The time they went MIA seems to coincide with the date of the Wyndham lawsuit. Not too confident I will ever see a resolution and looks like I will need to wave good-bye to the purchase price. I learned my lesson and will now only deal with reputable brokers after searching TUG. I am more ticked off about this than purchasing from the developer at UVC, which, in the end, did provide our family with multiple awesome vacations and also led me to TUG with its wealth of available information. You live and you learn...

Where did you find information regarding a lawsuit?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

skotm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have submitted to the Attorney General and BBB today regarding thetransfergroup . They have stopped communicating with me and its now 6 months and im out 3,122 dolalrs.