• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

eBay listings for DVC

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I have bid on the low priced DVC listings on ebay. Both times, the seller had it on automatic bidding and I was outbid immediately. In fact, the price on one listing increased by $15,000 within a few days. I had stopped bidding on it when it was no longer a deal. There is another DVC listing on ebay right now and once again, I was outbid immediately.

4h47m59s
|20 Bids
You've been outbid by someone else's max bid.
You can still win! Try bidding again.

Place your bid

Consider bidding the highest amount you're willing to pay. We'll bid for you, just enough to keep you in the lead. We'll keep your high bid amount hidden from everyone else.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
It seems the conventional wisdom is (and it's worked for me in the past with non-DVC timeshares and other items on eBay), pick your price, use a sniper app/website, set it and forget it. No need to get involved in bidding up the price until the very end.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
It seems the conventional wisdom is (and it's worked for me in the past with non-DVC timeshares and other items on eBay), pick your price, use a sniper app/website, set it and forget it. No need to get involved in bidding up the price until the very end.

All I am saying is that I think the low priced DVC contracts on ebays seem like scams. Someone was posting the closed auctions on TUG a while back. I am still waiting to hear from someone on TUG who has scored a low price DVC contract through ebay. I have not yet heard of this but if anyone has, please share. I have heard of some good deals through brokers. In fact, I got one great deal through Fidelity for Aulani.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
All I am saying is that I think the low priced DVC contracts on ebays seem like scams. Someone was posting the closed auctions on TUG a while back. I am still waiting to hear from someone on TUG who has scored a low price DVC contract through ebay. I have not yet heard of this but if anyone has, please share. I have heard of some good deals through brokers. In fact, I got one great deal through Fidelity for Aulani.
eBay is set up so if a previous bidder has already placed a bid equal to or higher than your max bid it automatically moves the bid up to the next bid interval above your max bid or to your max bid if you both had same high bid but first bidder will be in the lead. This is nothing a seller does if it is set up as an auction. What you have to watch for is shill bidders where seller has multiple accounts and jacks there own auction prices up.

I have Terapeak and can scan back to 1 year of auctions and see what they ended at. This works great for all auctions except timeshares, as a large chunk of your price may be add on fees you must pay as part of the sale. I have tried for years for eBay to add these fees in mandatory fields for timeshares as they lose final value fees. And reading through auctions for total fees is a pain in the a$$

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
somebody has won it for $5900. @Travetime, i will PM you. Something very odd with the seller IMO
upload_2018-12-30_21-56-47.png

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
somebody has won it for $5900. @Travetime, i will PM you. Something very odd with the seller IMO
View attachment 9670
Looking in Terapeak they seem to sell same point packs over and over... Either no one pays or they are scamming people.

Terapeak shows only 3 individual sellers of Animal Kingdom Points in last year searching on “Disney, Animal, Points”

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking in Terapeak they seem to sell same point packs over and over... Either no one pays or they are scamming people.

Terapeak shows only 3 individual sellers of Animal Kingdom Points in last year searching on “Disney, Animal, Points”
i believe it is a scam

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
i believe it is a scam
eBay auctions are only good if you buy from a seller you know you can trust. If it sounds to good to be true you need to worry unless you are getting it for free.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I think there was a similar TUG thread on a sketchie DVC / ebay listing within the last year

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
eBay auctions are only good if you buy from a seller you know you can trust. If it sounds to good to be true you need to worry unless you are getting it for free.

I think you have to follow your intuition I have bought 3 off eBay from people I did not know all closed without issue, but I have bought most from other tuggers.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
The final price was $32/point, which has zero chance of passing Disney's right of first refusal. Whoever the final buyer is will lose the deal to Disney anyway, right? (I'm assuming that there really is something for sale, and its not just an attempt to get $5,900 out of someone.)

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I recall there was another AK listing that ended at the same price. Why would they be ending at the same price?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
eBay is set up so if a previous bidder has already placed a bid equal to or higher than your max bid it automatically moves the bid up to the next bid interval above your max bid or to your max bid if you both had same high bid but first bidder will be in the lead. This is nothing a seller does if it is set up as an auction. What you have to watch for is shill bidders where seller has multiple accounts and jacks there own auction prices up.

I have Terapeak and can scan back to 1 year of auctions and see what they ended at. This works great for all auctions except timeshares, as a large chunk of your price may be add on fees you must pay as part of the sale. I have tried for years for eBay to add these fees in mandatory fields for timeshares as they lose final value fees. And reading through auctions for total fees is a pain in the a$$

I only placed one bid and it immediately overbid me. Then I stopped because this seemed suspicious to me. The last time I bid on a low priced DVC listing on ebay, it got bid up immediately too and then it looked like 2 people were bidding against each other. It finally stabilized at about $20,000. I did not want to waste time on this one and get stuck with a scammer so I only bid one time on this one.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I only placed one bid and it immediately overbid me. Then I stopped because this seemed suspicious to me. The last time I bid on a low priced DVC listing on ebay, it got bid up immediately too and then it looked like 2 people were bidding against each other.

This is not an issue in my experience. Somebody else had just placed a higher maximum bid so every time you put a new price, ebay would automatically post that you have been outbid. If you are interested in finding the current maximum bid you have to keep on bidding until your bid is the highest. This is a good way to bid automatically at the beginning of the auction when the price is still low. Say the auction starts at $100, the current bid is $125. Your first bid is $130 but you are outbid automatically and the new current price is $135. You can continue to bid until you are above the maximum bid then the system asks if you want to increase your own maximum bid. Let's say you want no more than $1000. Anybody who bids lower than that will be outbid automatically by you.
This is one way to do it, another way is to use automatic third party companies that others mentioned. To be honest i never won an auction in any of these 2 ways so do not take it to the bank but i think i understand how it works.

My issue with this seller is the complete lack of communication about their business, the fake reviews and what seems to be a self promoting website disguised as an independent blog. I also do not understand where they keep on getting these DVC cheap listings to begin with, something does not pass the smell test. Enough for me to not ever want to send them any money unless i see concrete proof that i am wrong in my assessment.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Remember an ebay auction for a timeshare is technically only a way for the buyer and seller to get together since it's a real estate venture.

Some of these do have a shot at getting through if they're a bankruptcy or foreclosure and sometimes they are and are not listed as such.

yuantsai

Reaction score
I'm the winning bidder for one of the DVC listings that just ended tonight. How do I know if this is a scam? The Seller's profile looks fishy. What proof can I ask the Seller if it's legit? Thanks for any advice!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm the winning bidder for one of the DVC listings that just ended tonight. How do I know if this is a scam? The Seller's profile looks fishy. What proof can I ask the Seller if it's legit? Thanks for any advice!

What did you win? Which resort? What price? How many points?

Be sure to get it submitted for ROFR as soon as possible before Jan 19 so you can get grandfathered in.

I have never done eBay so I do not know how to tell if it is legit. I would assume it is but others can give you advice. I would not send money until I was sure they are legit.

yuantsai

Reaction score
Can you submit for ROFR without payment? Seller wants payment before contract is submitted.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can you submit for ROFR without payment? Seller wants payment before contract is submitted.
I have always had to pay prior to ROFR subject to return of all money if rofr was taken. Unless you can verify the seller is legit I would not give money unless you can choose the closing/escrow company to hold the money, even if you have to pay the fee for this. I suggest you do a search on tug of the sellers name to see if there is prior feedback. If not start a new thread asking if any of us has input on the seller.

yuantsai

Reaction score
Seller is KB Travel. Title company is VP Title. Anyone have experience with either party?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can. I won an auction on Ebay last year and fully expected to have to pay and take the risk but the seller had me to wait thinking it'd get taken ROFR and it did. Kudos to them, made me comfortable working with them again.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Seller is KB Travel. Title company is VP Title. Anyone have experience with either party?

KB Travel is aka tra3213. Here is a previous TUG mention on tra2213

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/ebay-seller-tra3213.279525/#post-2192946

Also, he appears to self promote as if he is a blogger. This one is for KB Travel but if you search Tra3213 you’ll see one for that name too. I wouldn’t trust anyone who tries to deceive people like this. To me, this isnt any different than posting fake reviews on yourself.

https://timeshare-traveler.blog/2018/12/15/kb-travel-top-rated-timeshare-seller/

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KB Travel is aka tra3213. Here is a previous TUG mention on tra2213

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/ebay-seller-tra3213.279525/#post-2192946

Also, he appears to self promote as if he is a blogger. This one is for KB Travel but if you search Tra3213 you’ll see one for that name too. I wouldn’t trust anyone who does tries to deceive people like this. To me, this isnt any different than posting fake reviews on yourself.

https://timeshare-traveler.blog/2018/12/15/kb-travel-top-rated-timeshare-seller/
Has anyone recently had a deal here on Tug that closed and they got what they paid for from this seller? I can’t recall reading about one. Seems DVCs keep being listed by this seller, to me a red flag. Time will tell if legit but I would never risk my money at this point to find out.

Dvclover1998

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ccv
SOS do not buy from that guy. I had purchased and waited 5 months and recieved no documentation of anything. All I had was the original contract. Than today I get an email starting that the seller breached their contract and the contract was cancelled. I will update once I get that refund but I haven't received it yet. This all was a very suspicious process, and I for one doubt that there even was a contract in play as there was no docmumentation provided of its existence. Buy from someone else, it's not worth the risk, as this dude and his company are as sketchy as sketchy is.