• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Eagles Nest on Marco. Tips & Suggestions?

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Hi All.

Heading to Eagle's nest in the morning.
I haven't been in a few years and hopefully all is back to
somewhat normal since the hurricane.

Staying on my points so I know they gave me a tower unit.

Any suggestions on things to do with young adults in tow?
I don't remember if they have the free water crafts like Charter Club
or not since I never use them anyway. Do they have bikes? BBQs?

Any good Chinese food delivery? We ordered from one last time
we were at Charter Club and it was terrible so don't want to make
that mistake again. Not sure how many Chinese food deliveries
there are on the island. Asian Fusion? How about Italian delivery?
We don't want to go out when we have the best sunset view on the
island on our balcony.

Thanks. :)

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sea Six recommends Su's Garden on bald eagle.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
The Eagles Nest does have grills, but no bikes or free watercraft. The resort is in top shape!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I think you have to book a "BR plus" unit to get into the villas.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
According to the point charts, there are no "plus" units at Eagle's Nest (all 1BR units are the standard 4800 points in Platinum season). However, they do indeed list 1BR and 2BR "plus" units in their list of accommodations, and I'm sure you're correct that the plus units are the villas. Strange...

Kurt

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando

Specifically the 7 Stars Around the Moon, a dinner for 2 which contains everything from shrimp to lobster, with scallops and chicken tempura all with Chinese vegetables and rice. Su's delivers.

The other Chinese place is Jackie's at the Town Center Mall. My wife and I can order one dinner and have plenty of food for both of us. We add 1 egg roll (comes with 1) and some won ton soup and have a full meal for $15. It's just not as good as Su's - more like your typical greasy spoon Chinese. My wife likes the Honey Chicken and I like the sweet and sour pork.

Sthack

TUG Member
Reaction score
My family and I will visit Eagle's Nest for the first time in June! Booked with a trade thru II, I'm hoping we will be assigned the unit that is on my confirmation certificate. Does anyone know if they have daily activities for kids? Any updated information on the resort or area would be helpful! TIA

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

Well we ended up buying churrasco and making it on the grill and made our own pasta.
We had the best view in town so decided to just eat in every night.
We were only there 4 nights so if we had stayed longer we probably would have ordered delivery.

The Eagles Nest does have grills, but no bikes or free watercraft. The resort is in top shape!

Not just yet. They are still doing work on the resort.
We had plumbing issues in our bathroom and the screens were full of hurricane debris.
The gym and the first floor is closed for repairs but they let you go to Charter Club if you want to use the gym.
Uh, yeah right. LOL. The pool was our gym.
No bikes but they do rent jet skis for $90 for 30 minutes! Yikes.
Kayaks for $49 for 4 hours. The kids ended up doing the kayaks.
They also rent beach chairs but we brought our own so didn't inquire.

Yeah we definitely didn't want a villa due to the stairs issue.
The tower worked out much better but if not for disability issues the villas look nice.

Specifically the 7 Stars Around the Moon, a dinner for 2 which contains everything from shrimp to lobster, with scallops and chicken tempura all with Chinese vegetables and rice. Su's delivers.

The other Chinese place is Jackie's at the Town Center Mall. My wife and I can order one dinner and have plenty of food for both of us. We add 1 egg roll (comes with 1) and some won ton soup and have a full meal for $15. It's just not as good as Su's - more like your typical greasy spoon Chinese. My wife likes the Honey Chicken and I like the sweet and sour pork.

Thanks.
Will keep it in mind for my August girls trip to Charter Club.

My family and I will visit Eagle's Nest for the first time in June! Booked with a trade thru II, I'm hoping we will be assigned the unit that is on my confirmation certificate. Does anyone know if they have daily activities for kids? Any updated information on the resort or area would be helpful! TIA

They had some activities like making crafts but they all had a fee.
I would say that this is more of an adult centric resort.
The beach is great for kids though. Shallow and calm.

There was a ton of construction going on everywhere.
The Marriott next day was hammers and drills all day long from 8:30 am until around 6pm.

The resort is also doing renovations and they have pretty much taken all the parking spaces
for the workers. They would not give us a parking pass for the 2nd car we had.
Ended up parking next door at the hotel and paying them the $25 a day.
Other than that there is NO public or private overnight parking on Marco right now.
So bring only one car or you are S.O.L.
They will tow you away from the beach lots we were warned.
It was very annoying because there were plenty of spaces but the front desk insisted
that they were all taken. We never saw the lot full despite their attitude about giving us
the parking pass. I think they were just being a bit over the top with that. The resort
did not seem full and the parking lot was definitely not full during the day nor at night.
But the manager was a pisser and didn't give a crap.
The resort is nice but honestly they were much nicer at Charter Club about the parking.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
There is a new Thai Sushi restaurant in the old Fin Bistro location next to NeNe's Kitchen. Fin Bistro moved to the old Konrad's location last year. Both Snook's and the Marco Brewery were both sold recently and bought by the family who own Marco Prime, Oyster Society and others on the island. Su's Garden isn't that great, neither is Jackie's. Both are just okay.

We thought Eagles Nest had smaller units than Charter Club (we stayed at EN for six days after our CC reservation ended - EN is Friday to Friday, CC is Saturday to Saturday).