• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC SSR March, April, May

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
I posted this on the sightings forum as well, but I thought that I’d give HGVC members a heads up! One of these dates matched my OGS, but RCI did not put it on hold for me. :mad:Luckily, I am obsessive about these things and check for myself daily, sometimes multiple times (both a good and bad thing!) :D

1 Bedroom
SELECT UNIT
Sat 02-Mar-2019 to Sat 09-Mar-2019
Max Occup(Privacy)

:
4 (4)
Kitchen

:
Full
rciPoints.png

Vacation Points 3400
1 Bedroom
SELECT UNIT
Sat 02-Mar-2019 to Sat 09-Mar-2019
Max Occup(Privacy)

:
4 (4)
Kitchen

:
Full
rciWeeks.png

Vacation Points 3400
1 Bedroom
SELECT UNIT
Sat 23-Mar-2019 to Sat 30-Mar-2019
Max Occup(Privacy)

:
4 (4)
Kitchen

:
Full
rciPoints.png

Vacation Points 3400
1 Bedroom
SELECT UNIT
Sun 07-Apr-2019 to Sun 14-Apr-2019
Max Occup(Privacy)

:
4 (4)
Kitchen

:
Full
rciPoints.png

Vacation Points 3400
1 Bedroom
SELECT UNIT
Sat 18-May-2019 to Sat 25-May-2019

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Thanks for sharing the intel! These are listed as points. An OGS only matches with weeks. Checking frequently and following the "sightings" is how to catch point deposits.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Thanks for sharing the intel! These are listed as points. An OGS only matches with weeks. Checking frequently and following the "sightings" is how to catch point deposits.
One of them listed above is "RCI Weeks", or am I reading it wrong?

Kurt

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
One of them listed above is "RCI Weeks", or am I reading it wrong?

Kurt

I guess that is what I get for looking over them quickly. One of them is weeks. So the question for the OP to know if her OGS was working correctly is if the one that matched her search was points or weeks. One wonders why they don't create an OGS to work with points -- maybe RCI likes having the site traffic?

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana

I didn’t realize that there were RCI points vs RCI weeks. Why are some classified as points and others as weeks?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
were RCI points vs RCI weeks. Why are some classified as points and others as weeks?

Basically RCI started with one program and added the other program later.

RCI started out with the RCI WEEKS Program. In 2000, RCI launched their RCI POINTS Program. Some resorts offered RCI POINTS via a paid upgrade option.

As a result, some resorts only participate in one program either RCI WEEKS or RCI POINTS. And some resorts participate in both programs having a mixture of RCI POINTS and RCI WEEKS.

For example, WorldMark decided to only offer the RCI POINTS program with developer purchases. Resale owners only have access to the RCI WEEK program. Of course, they grandfathered their existing WorldMark owners when they made the rule change.

RCI also has a mix of developer/resort deposits and owner deposits.

NOTE: Some resorts also have dual affiliation with RCI and Internal International. When this occurs, we sometimes see more deposits available in one exchange company vs the other.

Last edited: