• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do you know Tug offers a permanent swap section in the marketplace?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Do you know that tug has a permanent swap section in the marketplace?

Whereas tug marketplace offers a permanent swap section it is difficult to find. If you never looked at it please go look and tell me if it was easy to find, maybe I am doing something wrong. Free one time exchange ads are easy to find.

I know permanent timeshare trades are a longer shot but I believe they can happen.

I do think tuggers could possibly succeed at times with permanent trades as sometimes one wants something else but doesn’t want to commit until they find a home for what they own.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Couldn’t find it! I consider myself to be fairly savvy. How would I find through here? Assuming those exchanges are 1x exchanges. They appear to be.
8a8b843af8ca02acf30a405c2feb77de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I just tried to find it and could not...Where is it located at?

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Might this help?

ss 1.jpeg

ss 1.jpeg

Is this correct, Panina?

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
I've browsed that section multiple times using the "all exchanges" option - don't recall ever seeing an ad for a permanent exchange, although maybe none have been posted.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I honestly havent approved a "permanent exchange" ad in recent memory.

there would be an indicator on the regular exchange ad for those that the poster indicated they were interested in exchanging permanently vs just a single use.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I honestly havent approved a "permanent exchange" ad in recent memory.

there would be an indicator on the regular exchange ad for those that the poster indicated they were interested in exchanging permanently vs just a single use.

It is there and there are a few listings but you have to find the menu for timeshare marketplace and then select permanent swap. I have not found a way to get to this menu easily. I have to select a prominent marketplace section such as for sale, or the regular exchange and then I can access the menu to permanent swap.

I do feel if it was easier to list and see permanent exchanges, Tug members would look and maybe a few would be successful. Anyway could we experiment to see if there is a demand even if only with a tug members post? We could keep a running post in exchanges titles “Permanent Swap”. One could say what they have and what they are looking for.

5B9EA92E-88AE-4FB5-B258-DC0AF23D9B54.jpeg
ECFC0DEB-621F-46DB-B4D9-60EE124AC0C6.jpeg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
id imagine we could add a SORT drop down option to the direct exchange list that would allow for sorting by permanent exchange or not as an easy solution. ill send an email to ask.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
id imagine we could add a SORT drop down option to the direct exchange list that would allow for sorting by permanent exchange or not as an easy solution. ill send an email to ask.
Not sure that will stand out. One has to easily see and know it’s available to use something. If you can do I could for awhile update a post to remind tuggers it’s available and to check it out.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I put a few ads in for permanent exchanges. They show under exchanges and if you can find the tab for permanent exchanges they are there too.

You actually go through the process for exchange and there is a box to check off if you are interested in a permanent trade.

Long shot but they are good weeks that have some resale value but figured maybe someone has something I want that could use mine. I do like them and use them occasionally and they have great trade value but figured I would try to get my favorite place. Nothing ventured nothing gained so I am trying, costs nothing as a Tug member because of the free ads we get as part of our membership each year.