• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do they replenish the Grand Mayan units in the RCI system from time to time?

Jack

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have currently booked a Sunday to Sunday 1br At GM for 2/9 and had hoped to book a 2br for the week prior from 2/2 to 2/9. Unfortunately, there are no Sun to Sun 2br units avaiable (altho there are 1br available). Does GM or RCI replenish the inventory at GM or is what I see what will ultimately be available? I have not booked in a few years at GM but I seem to recall the inventory was restocked from time to time. Any thoughts??? Jack

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Vidanta did any bulk deposits for Feb 2020 at this stage (that's high season).
Although I suppose it's possible someone has an RCI stay booked and will cancel it.
Probably best to put an OGS in for that and maybe you'll get a hit.

If you have access to Interval, there's a 2 BR available as a getaway, and also as an exchange.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Which GM are you looking for? Registry has a 2 BR GM RM for 2/2-2/9, so they're available in some exchanges. You could try SFX and they might be able to get you in if RCI can't and you aren't in II. I've got a few weeks on deposit with SFX if you'd like me to try with them and don't have anything deposited with them (they won't charge me for a guest certificate since I'm diamond with them). I don't see anything in any of the exchanges at a 2 BR for the other GMs, though, and it's a bit late in the year to get one in the high season unless someone cancels.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I agree with hurnik & Eric B / but I would also keep checking .

1).Vidanta likely did their first deposit about 18 months ago .
2) These are developer managed deposits-since it is a float week system .
3 ) The primary owner booking window for Feb 2020 started Aug 1 2019. (6 month ARP for Grand Mayan is common /some owners may have 12 month )
4) Feb has a lot of owner usage so there is probably limited availability at this point .

Good luck

Last edited:

Jack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind responses and offers. I havent been on the board lately and your responses remind me how lucky I was to have joined TUG so many years ago. Based on the info and latest search, it appears my options are to either take a 1BR at the GM (I should mention that I havent yet asked anyone to join my wife and me at the GM) or to reserve the available 2BR at the Bliss resort for that week. I have never stayed there but if anyone has any opinions as to its quality and location vis a vis the GM,please let me know. Thanks as always Jack

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
or to reserve the available 2BR at the Bliss resort for that week. I have never stayed there but if anyone has any opinions as to its quality and location vis a vis the GM,please let me know. Thanks as always Jack

Are you looking at Riviera Maya or Nuevo Vallarta ?

Bliss ( basically a Mayan Palace unit with different furnishings) only exist at RM
Grand Bliss ( similar to a Grand Mayan ) are at RM & NV ( one building per location.)

I believe the Bliss RM units are close to the Jungle Luxe / De- Luxe buildings (also on a MP footprint) . These are further from the beach as I understand it ( we have not been to Vidanta RM) .

IMO - Bliss or Grand Bliss in RM could work for you - as long as you understand the difference .

also - if you are looking for RM - there are 20- ish Mayan Palace buildings there and
2 bedrooms ( 1100+ sq feet ) are likely available for Feb 2020.
Nuevo Vallarta only has one Mayan Palace building and I would expect it to be filled long ago .

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
@T-Dot-Traveller, you’re correct re: the Bliss and Jungle Luxxe locations in RM. To clarify, the Jungle Luxxe ones are 1 BR units on a 2 BR MP footprint. That is close to the Jungala water park, too, BTW. There is a fee for using the park, though.

I don’t believe there is any 2 BR GB available that week, though.

Jack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for any confusion. I am talking about Riviera Maya. Another question however!! I do recall that there were rules as to how many units one could reserve at GM. You could either reserve two consecutive weeks or two units in the same week. Is that still the rule or has that changed?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, Wyndham Midtown 45
I'm hoping for the same thing, all GM (NV) has is Hotels when we are looking to have friends stay with us. No unit adds for about a month, just hotel.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I'm hoping for the same thing, all GM (NV) has is Hotels when we are looking to have friends stay with us. No unit adds for about a month, just hotel.

All NV Grand Mayans (5 buildings) are essentially 2 bedroom lockoffs . The hotel units are the stubs left over from 1 bedroom reservations , including those made by Vidanta owners of 1 bedroom contracts.

It is likely that this is the remaining unbooked inventory available for Feb 2020.

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All NV Grand Mayans (5 buildings) are essentially 2 bedroom lockoffs . The hotel units are the stubs left over from 1 bedroom reservations , including those made by Vidanta owners of 1 bedroom contracts.

It is likely that this is the remaining unbooked inventory available for Feb 2020.
thanks. too bad for our friends then, small room for them, their fault for waiting 4 months to decide if they wanted to go. Are there other companies that might have access to 1BR's besides RCI? I'm getting into RCI through our Wyndham account. We are Presidential Reserve if that helps with over 2M points.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you have access to the Registry Collection through your Wyndham account? They also get some GM weeks, though it’s still a bit late for February.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
If you have a 1-bedroom and a Hotel unit - both in your name, they would most likely agree to put them together to make a 2-bedroom. You could email the Concierge for the GM on Thursday before your check-in and ask them to do that. They did that for us once. Friends do not understand the advance reservations system that timeshare owners do. :) I give ours a deadline and and then it is snooze- you lose! I have one of those pending right now. :)

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Phyllis, thanks, we already have a 2 BR for us (Spouse, son - grandfather) we were trying to get the 1BR for our friends (hub, wife, daughter) so they had the small kitchen vs fridge, coffee maker. the late comers get the hotel room at worst. 1BR at best. either way they get what they get, they haven't even bought airline tickets yet.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
thanks. .......Are there other companies that might have access to 1BR's besides RCI? I'm getting into RCI through our Wyndham account. We are Presidential Reserve if that helps with over 2M points.

You could try SFX and offer to give SFX something they need via a Wyndham reservation you make for them & then deposit .

SFX has a long term & strong relationship with Vidanta .

while I said above that - “ hotel room - stubs “ - was likely what is available ./ that is not entirely true
BUT only Vidanta reservations truly knows .

Vidanta is all RTU float week ownerships and they control deposits into exchange companies ( even owner deposits)
IMO they also list the same unit / time frame with more than one exchange company similar to how airline seats and hotel rooms are on multiple sites .
also - IMO - they do an excellent job of managing and being on top of the fill rate of each and every check in date by location.

people cancel for personal reasons etc - only Vidanta reservations sees the entire picture .

I am suggesting SFX. because - IF you - as Pres. Reserve can give something THEY need - they likely have access to someone in the Vidanta reservations unit that could work with them - to get a one bedroom Grand Mayan RM .

It is worth a phone call / but will likely take more than one .

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As an aside, that is generally a less expensive way to get a 1 BR GM anyway. The resort fee for SFX is only $75 and the exchange fee is on par w/RCI, plus you can use a Wyndham week that is inexpensive in points. Gotta do the math to compare total cost, of course, but I’ve been able to deposit a week with them and later replace it with a discounted week when it’s within 60 days. They don’t particularly care as long as the customer ultimately gets the week/unit type they pay for and you can get a discounted and upgraded one to fulfill that.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks all, I will look into SFX

Makes sure they have what you need first. I'd call/check myself for you, but I don't see where you listed the dates (the OP is a different userid and they were looking at a different area).

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Makes sure they have what you need first. I'd call/check myself for you, but I don't see where you listed the dates (the OP is a different userid and they were looking at a different area).
thanks .. yes, definitely different dates for us. (didn't mean to hijack the thread). We got our friends a Hotel room, their loss. At least they are going to NV