• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had an ongoing search on RCI for this resort for July of 2020 for almost 2 months now. I do not own points, only weeks. I am hoping that someone would please check for me to see if 26 TPU's are enough to land a 2 bedroom unit here. I have other TPU's available but would have to combine them at an additional cost. And if I would combine them would I lose my place in line on the ongoing search and have to start over? Please help if you can.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked but here is not even one week in Aruba that is not an all inclusive available in weeks so I can't confirm how many TPU's are needed.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but it is nearly not possible for you to get a 2BR for Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort, #4032.

1- There are not many 2BR units in this section of the Phoenix (#4032 is the original Phase 1). I think there are less than 10.

2- July is a popular time in Aruba and lots of owners use their week or rent it out if they do not.

3- Divi Phoenix was also sold as an RCI points ownership so when an owner does not use their week it is usually in points inventory only.

The 2nd phase of the Divi Phoenix (Beach Villas at Divi Phoenix, #8729) are primarily 2BR lockout units. However, my understanding is they were all sold as RCI points or in their new points system (which uses Interval). The only time it will become available as weeks if the owner disenrolled the week from the RCI points program.

While you can get lucky, I would add additional resorts in Aruba but Aruba in weeks is very scarce. Much more availability in RCI points.

Using points, I see lots of availability (but not a lot of full weeks) in July and August for studio and 1BR for Divi Phoenix (#4032) no 2BR's at all. All are labeled as "RCI Points"

The same for 2nd phase of the Divi Phoenix (Beach Villas at Divi Phoenix, #8729). Some 2BR end of August. All are labeled as "RCI Points"

With points, Aruba gets pretty booked at 10 months out as soon as inventory opens.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh no, that's terrible news. But thank you for your reply.

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with the 10 months out for points. I had an ongoing search but it did not pick-up at 10 months. You have to do it yourself at 7 AM!!

I looked but here is not even one week in Aruba that is not an all inclusive available in weeks so I can't confirm how many TPU's are needed.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but it is nearly not possible for you to get a 2BR for Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort, #4032.

1- There are not many 2BR units in this section of the Phoenix (#4032 is the original Phase 1). I think there are less than 10.

2- July is a popular time in Aruba and lots of owners use their week or rent it out if they do not.

3- Divi Phoenix was also sold as an RCI points ownership so when an owner does not use their week it is usually in points inventory only.

The 2nd phase of the Divi Phoenix (Beach Villas at Divi Phoenix, #8729) are primarily 2BR lockout units. However, my understanding is they were all sold as RCI points or in their new points system (which uses Interval). The only time it will become available as weeks if the owner disenrolled the week from the RCI points program.

While you can get lucky, I would add additional resorts in Aruba but Aruba in weeks is very scarce. Much more availability in RCI points.

Using points, I see lots of availability (but not a lot of full weeks) in July and August for studio and 1BR for Divi Phoenix (#4032) no 2BR's at all. All are labeled as "RCI Points"

The same for 2nd phase of the Divi Phoenix (Beach Villas at Divi Phoenix, #8729). Some 2BR end of August. All are labeled as "RCI Points"

With points, Aruba gets pretty booked at 10 months out as soon as inventory opens.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
So in other words your saying that if I only own weeks and not points it will be impossible for me to get a unit at Divi Aruba Phoenix (either #4032 or 8729)?? I placed an ongoing search for this property in June, 2019. Oh gosh ~ I promised a week at this Resort to my granddaughter for her honeymoon as our wedding gift to her. What to do?? What to do??:bawl::shrug: Also I changed the request from a 2 bedroom to a one bedroom (4 private) I don't want to get them a studio.

Last edited:

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So in other words your saying that if I only own weeks and not points it will be impossible for me to get a unit at Divi Aruba Phoenix (either #4032 or 8729)?? I placed an ongoing search for this property in June, 2019. Oh gosh ~ I promised a week at this Resort to my granddaughter for her honeymoon as our wedding gift to her. What to do?? What to do??:bawl::shrug: Also I changed the request from a 2 bedroom to a one bedroom (4 private) so I don't get a studio.

When is your daughter’s honeymoon?

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
July 25, 2020. Saturday to Saturday. She teaches autistic and special needs children so she has to go that week.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
July 25, 2020. Saturday to Saturday. She teaches autistic and special needs children so she has to go that week.

If you dropped the request to a 1BR you have a shot. Almost all of the units in #4032 are 1BR or studio.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you dropped the request to a 1BR you have a shot. Almost all of the units in #4032 are 1BR or studio
Thank you. Yes I did drop the request to a one bedroom. Do I even have a chance if I don't own points. I only own weeks.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes I did drop the request to a one bedroom. Do I even have a chance if I don't own points. I only own weeks.

You might because there are a lot more 1BR units and some owners unenerolled their week from points. Unfortunately I do not have a sense of how many that is. Right now in points there is only a studio left for that week

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think you will have a great shot at getting a 1 BR unit for these dates. We were just there in a 1 BR unit this past August. Confirmed with RCI ongoing search the prior February @ 26 TPU's. We stayed in unit #205, in the small building and had a fantastic time. Huge 1 BR/ 2 Bathroom unit with private BR and bath on one side and sofa bed/bath/kitchenette on other side. I would absolutely recommend requesting this unit. Divi Phoenix is great.

Mark

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mark: Thank you for giving me hope. I will keep the ongoing search on for July, 2020, 1 BR and keep praying. Unit #205 sounds great. I will definitely keep that in mind. Thanks again.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seaport104: Thank you so much for your reply. I will not give up at this point, I'll keep praying. Search has been on since June of 2019.