• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney

WatsonC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages, Wyndham Grand Desert
Wyndham Disney Springs is a hotel, not a timeshare that you can directly reserve with your points. Bonnet Creek is the closest Wyndham timeshare property to the parks.

When you buy Disney tickets (either directly from Disney or from an authorized reseller), they will include the ability to reserve fastpasses in advance at 30 days.
I’ve not tried this but staying on property allows an earlier fast past reservation period. I’m told to book a campsite for a single night so the system will allow you to do that. You never have to check in and it costs I think $30-40.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I’ve not tried this but staying on property allows an earlier fast past reservation period. I’m told to book a campsite for a single night so the system will allow you to do that. You never have to check in and it costs I think $30-40.

Onsite stays allow for fastpass reservations at 60 days. Many people use the “throwaway night” method you describe by booking a campsite at the beginning of their trip, which can cost anywhere from $60-130 depending on the season and weeknight/weekend. We often use our Wyndham points to exchange into a DVC resort for the onsite benefits.

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach
When we stayed at Star Island my daughter booked 2 nights at a Disney hotel with park tickets included for just a little more than it would have cost her for the tickets alone. It gave her the fast pass access and also early entry and later stay at the park.

We purchased at Panama City Beach just several months ago resale after learning a ton by reading here and asking questions for over a year .very happy with our little 259k contract and extremely grateful for the education and guidance from the many knowledgeable members. I became a paying member to help support the site which I am very impressed by. BTW. I also purchased my resale from the marketplace on this site for a way better deal than the one that just sold on Ebay

Very happ

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
So for 16k we get 150,000 points.
And then we got all of the bonus points forn2 years. We were going to refinance by getting a bank loan with a interest rate of 3%.
The wilderness of the smokies in tn yearly fees are less than 600 a year

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I know this is a moot point since you (thankfully) rescinded in time, but for anyone else who happens to be reading, I think you would have had a hard time refinancing your loan at 3%. Most banks would not offer you a mortgage for a timeshare, and you would be forced to take a personal unsecured loan (my credit union is hovering around 6%) since banks consider timeshares worthless (what are they going to do with a foreclosed timeshare) should the borrower default. Just a bit of caution because a know the sales people always tell folks to “go apply for your own mortgage when you get home to get rid of our 16% APR”. Yeah. Good luck.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok its 870 a year. And yes 16k for 154000 points. Not including 3k for closing

FYI I am waiting on a transfer from eBay that I won a few weeks ago. 154k points (no 2018 points) $625 including all closing costs and $888 annual MFs including all club dues. Was a Fairfield glade converted club Wyndham plus contract.

Last edited:

tduane

Reaction score
Quick question: I sent my rescission letter package usps on Tuesday at 10am. I had 10 days. I bought the time share on good friday.
I sent certified but didn't ask for a return receipt. Did I screw myself?
The estimated delivery was friday but tracking shows in transit to next facility.
Also how long does it usually take to process? Anything else I should do?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quick question: I sent my rescission letter package usps on Tuesday at 10am. I had 10 days. I bought the time share on good friday.
I sent certified but didn't ask for a return receipt. Did I screw myself?
The estimated delivery was friday but tracking shows in transit to next facility.
Also how long does it usually take to process? Anything else I should do?

Your fine with it being certified without return receipt.
Just track it online and print that off as your proof ounce it’s delivered.
Everything is usually done within 30 days ounce Wyndham receives the recession.
By law Wyndham might have 45 days if I remember right and that could vary by state.
Set back and relax you’ve done your part.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Braindead is correct - it doesn't matter when it's delivered, the date that is important is when you mailed it.

At this point you should just relax and wait for the refund - doing anything, else like calling Wyndham, or accepting their calls, can only muck up the works. We have even had people rescind, talk the sales people, and then agree to cancel the rescission. Don't be tempted to talk to them - verbal conversations have no legal bearing - only your rescission letter counts.

Last edited:

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
We were just worried if we buy ebay that we would be stuck with a share from someone who owes thousands and not finding out until we have bought it.
When you buy resale off eBay, you'll verify with the Timeshare closing company that nobody owes on the property .. you send them a message before the bid period ends. They should have the estoppel letter as Denise said. Highly unlikely that this would be a problem. More likely would be that the seller may have already used some of your first year points by taking a trip before they sell them. You'll want to ask how many points are left for first year use (and even then it is a matter of trust .. no guarantee a trip was not taken after seller listed the unit). You might not need a full 6 months to do your homework .. you seem to be figuring things out quickly. What you will need patience for is the closing time. It takes months and months for the paperwork / deed to go through .. it seems Wyndham puts them in a pile and takes their sweet time to process them .. after the closing company has taken a bit of time to get all the signatures and record the deed. I see another thread in here discussing the current processing time.

Wyndham is a good system with really wonderful units maintained very well. Seems to be the largest number of unit options of any timeshare developer. Bonnet Creek is a beautiful resort with lots of fun pools .. some people say the kids would rather stay at Bonnet Creek than go to Disney! If you can find a CWA (Club Wyndham Access) contract it gives you 'home resort reserving power' at almost all Wyndham resorts which means you can reserve 13 months out before others jump on units. Otherwise you can reserve any unit at any Wyndham resort at 10 months, as long as the unit has not already been taken. We're in Ohio .. similar to Michigan .. Chicago is the closest Wyndham and Nashville the second closest. Myrtle Beach not far either and has 4 Wyndhams on the beach. Washing DC / Williamsburg areas have lots as well. All are really nice. We've been to dozens of different Wyndhams and like just about all.

Bob

fkclay

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of Wyndham owners who GIVE their points away on this site! Check the Bargain Deals on a daily basis. I actually plan on giving up my two contracts next year (that I purchased on Ebay 10 years ago for $600 and $1). We have too many timeshares to use and we end up just losing points each year, so until we can retire fully we are going to just give away our contracts. I have 154,000 every year and 154,000 every other year. I tried to give them away a few years ago and then thought I would miss them too much. But we also have lock-off Marriott, and a 5-week co-ownership in the Outer Banks. Those, along with the Accommodation Certificates from II give us too many vacations each year for a couple who are still working full time! I have loved the flexibility of the Wyndham timeshares -- we have visited St. Thomas, Old Town Alexandria at least two times each year, Williamsburg so many times I can't remember, BONNET CREEK which is amazing!, Smokey Mountains both resorts, Myrtle Beach, Chicago, Las Vegas, Destin, National Harbor, etc., etc., etc.

tduane

Reaction score
There are a lot of Wyndham owners who GIVE their points away on this site! Check the Bargain Deals on a daily basis. I actually plan on giving up my two contracts next year (that I purchased on Ebay 10 years ago for $600 and $1). We have too many timeshares to use and we end up just losing points each year, so until we can retire fully we are going to just give away our contracts. I have 154,000 every year and 154,000 every other year. I tried to give them away a few years ago and then thought I would miss them too much. But we also have lock-off Marriott, and a 5-week co-ownership in the Outer Banks. Those, along with the Accommodation Certificates from II give us too many vacations each year for a couple who are still working full time! I have loved the flexibility of the Wyndham timeshares -- we have visited St. Thomas, Old Town Alexandria at least two times each year, Williamsburg so many times I can't remember, BONNET CREEK which is amazing!, Smokey Mountains both resorts, Myrtle Beach, Chicago, Las Vegas, Destin, National Harbor, etc., etc., etc.
I definitely think wyndham points is a way to go, I'll start looking daily to buy some. That is the exact points we think we want to start off with

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Yes! Good for you! :)