• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney

tduane

Reaction score
MFs are actual lower on resale contracts because the program fee is a little less on resales.
Look at the pink sticky thread at the top of the Wyndham forum “2017 MFs”. There you can compare MF rates for different resorts.
Most free offerings are at high MF resorts and I wouldn’t recommend taking those.
You are better off buying at a low MF resort for $5-$10 per thousand points. 150,000 point contract with low MFs for $1,500.00 or less

I do not remember anyone posting that they bought a resale contract on eBay that had a undisclosed loan or lien on the contract.
Most sellers guarantees the contract to be free and clear.

If you check your contract you probably only received 250k bonus points one time and have 2 years to use them. You don’t get 250k for 2018 and 250k for 2019.
I double checked we received 450,000 bonus points to be used within 2 years.
I was offered that because the blue thread.. the amount I was spending a year through their hotel chains.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I double checked we received 450,000 bonus points to be used within 2 years.
I was offered that because the blue thread.. the amount I was spending a year through their hotel chains.

Ok. So you have 600k points ? 150k contract and 450k bonus ? Either way it doesn’t matter since your rescinding. Just like to know what Wyndham is currently doing

tduane

Reaction score
Ok. So you have 600k points ? 150k contract and 450k bonus ? Either way it doesn’t matter since your rescinding. Just like to know what Wyndham is currently doing
Ya crazy right. That's the only reason I signed
Definitely rescinding

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks for the clarification - I own Wyndham weeks and have deeds - I clarified in my post.

tduane

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification - I own Wyndham weeks and have deeds - I clarified in my post.
I have probably a very dumb question.
But I'm curious why it's so hard to find some club Wyndham Tennessee locations for sale.

We looked on ebay not to buy but to check the rates and maintenance fees and I see that there aren't that many and the ones that are listed the MF are more than what we were due to pay monthly for the whole club.

Are there other timeshares that have low MF under 600 a year?

Is there a thread that shows the comparisons of other timeshare companies.

Sorry I'm lame just trying to learn.
Thank goodness for all of your help

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A maintenance fee of $500 is very low - how many points per year do you get for that?

tduane

Reaction score
A maintenance fee of $500 is very low - how many points per year do you get for that?
So for 16k we get 150,000 points.
And then we got all of the bonus points forn2 years. We were going to refinance by getting a bank loan with a interest rate of 3%.
The wilderness of the smokies in tn yearly fees are less than 600 a year

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have probably a very dumb question.
But I'm curious why it's so hard to find some club Wyndham Tennessee locations for sale.

We looked on ebay not to buy but to check the rates and maintenance fees and I see that there aren't that many and the ones that are listed the MF are more than what we were due to pay monthly for the whole club.

Are there other timeshares that have low MF under 600 a year?

Is there a thread that shows the comparisons of other timeshare companies.

Sorry I'm lame just trying to learn.
Thank goodness for all of your help

What resort is your ownership at? Or did they sell you CWA[ Club Wyndham Access ?
How many points do you get every year or every other year?
If you get 150k points every year there’s no way your MFs can be $500.00 a year. That’s only $3.33 per thousand. Wyndham doesn’t have anything that low with program fees included

tduane

Reaction score
What resort is your ownership at? Or did they sell you CWA[ Club Wyndham Access ?
How many points do you get every year or every other year?
If you get 150k points every year there’s no way your MFs can be $500.00 a year. That’s only $3.33 per thousand. Wyndham doesn’t have anything that low with program fees included
I'll double check. I just got home. I'll look at the papers.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
So for 16k we get 150,000 points.
And then we got all of the bonus points forn2 years. We were going to refinance by getting a bank loan with a interest rate of 3%.
The wilderness of the smokies in tn yearly fees are less than 600 a year

Check your contract. Wyndham isn’t selling 150k annual points for $16k. Did they sell you a every other year contract? Do you only get points in even or odd years?

tduane

Reaction score
Check your contract. Wyndham isn’t selling 150k annual points for $16k. Did they sell you a every other year contract? Do you only get points in even or odd years?
Ok its 870 a year. And yes 16k for 154000 points. Not including 3k for closing

tduane

Reaction score

I just need to figure out where to find one cheaper ? Or how to go about comparing

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Right now, you should be 100% focused on getting your recission letter ready to mail tomorrow - seriously.

After that, and before you buy another timeshare, you should learn about the other systems besides Wyndham.

tduane

Reaction score
Right now, you should be 100% focused on getting your recission letter ready to mail tomorrow - seriously.
Just typed it up and found the page on my contract where to send it

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You and your spouse both need to sign it, and you need to send it certified mail so you have proof of mailing.

Include a copy of the main page of the contract.

tduane

Reaction score
You and your spouse both need to sign it, and you need to send it certified mail so you have proof of mailing.

Include a copy of the main page of the contract.
Thank you so very much for all of your help

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ok. $870.00 for 154k points is MFs of $5.65 per thousand points.
Search Wyndham timeshares for sale on eBay if you want to compare. Watch what the 254k point Panama City contract sells for tomorrow. It has lower MFs per thousand points than what you bought. It has no 2018 points but it takes about 5 months for a resale to transfer anyway. Minimum program fees are figured on about 230k points so if you can handle the extra MFs its a good idea to buy a contract larger that 230k. Several recommend to start out with a 308k contract for various reasons

I reiterate only WATCH slow down and get your rescission done first.

tduane

Reaction score
Ok. $870.00 for 154k points is MFs of $5.65 per thousand points.
Search Wyndham timeshares for sale on eBay if you want to compare. Watch what the 254k point Panama City contract sells for tomorrow. It has lower MFs per thousand points than what you bought. It has no 2018 points but it takes about 5 months for a resale to transfer anyway. Minimum program fees are figured on about 230k points so if you can handle the extra MFs its a good idea to buy a contract larger that 230k. Several recommend to start out with a 308k contract for various reasons

I reiterate only WATCH slow down and get your rescission done first.
Thank you for all the pointers!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the pointers!
Your welcome!
Did you watch or buy the 254k Panama City contract ? It sold for $2,530.00. Panama City has low MFs.
My gut tells me you didn’t just watch. You atleast bid right?

Welcome to TUG take your time and do some reading!

tduane

Reaction score
Your welcome!
Did you watch or buy the 254k Panama City contract ? It sold for $2,530.00. Panama City has low MFs.

Welcome to TUG take your time and do some reading!
We just watched. I want to do the survey they denise recommended to figure out the best time share option for us.

Good to know about Panama city MFs so when we do buy.

We also sent out the rescission letter. We used the draft on the link that was attached above. Put our information on it. Added the copy of the first page of the contract and the page about how to do the rescission from the contract papers signed initialed each page. And sent certified today.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Perfect! I bet you feel relieved!

tduane

Reaction score
Perfect! I bet you feel relieved!
We do. We realize having a time share will be the best vacation option for us. Just which of the many options of shares will be the right one.
Excited to be on our way to get one.

We do feel so relieved and so grateful that we found this group just in time! All of you have been so amazing, nice and helped us educate ourselves.