• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney

tduane

Reaction score
We just bought wyndham vacation ownership. I know we should have bought resell. Anyway...
We have over 400,000 each year for the next two years then drop to 150,000.

If we use our points to go to disney in February 2019, does the stay there include disney passes? Discounts or fast passes?
Or just stay and shuttle

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
None of the Wyndham resorts in Orlando include disney passes, fast passes, or the Disney shuttle. Bonnet Creek is really close to the park, but is not a Disney resort.

Your points allow you book the stay and that is about it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you are still within the rescission period you should rescind - you can buy the same thing on the resale market for a fraction of the price.

The last time I checked, the Bonnet Creek Shuttle was $5 per person, per day.

tduane

Reaction score
I think we plan on staying at wyndham disney springs

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Is that a timeshare or a hotel?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Wyndham Disney Springs is a hotel, not a timeshare that you can directly reserve with your points. Bonnet Creek is the closest Wyndham timeshare property to the parks.

When you buy Disney tickets (either directly from Disney or from an authorized reseller), they will include the ability to reserve fastpasses in advance at 30 days.

tduane

Reaction score
Ahhh.
I've never been to disney and I'm new to the time share and wyndham thing

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think that is it a Wyndham Hotel - you bought a Wyndham Timeshare. When did you sign the contract?

tduane

Reaction score
Thursday at smokies tn.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You should absolutely rescind while you still can, and then come back and hang out with us to learn about buying a timeshare without getting ripped off.

1) You can buy the same thing for a fraction of the price on the resale market.

2) You are not sure what you bought or how to use it.

3) I am betting that you also financed it and are paying a high rate of interest? Prices on the resale market are so low, that you won't even need to finance it.

When you buy in TN, you have 10 days to rescind - so you still have time!

HOW TO RESCIND: http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/cancel_timeshare_purchase.html

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
RESCIND IMMEDIATELY as this is YOUR ONLY CHANCE.... IF that means you take the day off tomorrow .. . do IT.

If you want Disney discounts (annual passes, EMH, free onsite parking for the various attractions), you have to BUY Disney DVC points DIRECT from Disney Vacation Club. Currently the smallest DISNEY contract is 75 points direct from Disney. Then you can ADD on resale DVC points if you don't have enough to satisfy your Disney addication or stay at other resorts/hotels in the area.

Recent changes with DVC resale points ... has removed some benefits regarding 'the extras'. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE advice with DVC as "TOTALLY CORRECT". I am grandfathered on my DVC ownership from years ago. And DVC rules did very recently changed.... removing benefits if you buy ONLY resale DVC points.

tduane

Reaction score
RESCIND IMMEDIATELY as this is YOUR ONLY CHANCE.... IF that means you take the day off tomorrow .. . do IT.

If you want Disney discounts (annual passes, EMH, free onsite parking for the various attractions), you have to BUY Disney DVC points DIRECT from Disney Vacation Club. Currently the smallest DISNEY contract is 75 points direct from Disney. Then you can ADD on resale DVC points if you don't have enough to satisfy your Disney addication or stay at other resorts/hotels in the area.

Recent changes with DVC resale points ... has removed some benefits regarding 'the extras'. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE advice with DVC as "TOTALLY CORRECT". I am grandfathered on my DVC ownership from years ago. And DVC rules did very recently changed.... removing benefits if you buy ONLY resale DVC points.
Disney will probably be a one time vacation for my family. Or a every 5 years. I don't see us going every year because we live in Michigan.
I was just looking at different places to use our points and we were planning a disney trip as I've never been to Florida or disney

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
tduane - No matter where you want to go, you paid 10 times too much buying from the developer. You need to rescind and come back and learn how to buy on the resale market.

If you don't rescind, I guarantee that in a few months, after you learn about timesharing, you will have severe buyers remorse, when you realize that you had a chance to LEGALLY get out of this deal, and you didn't do it!

One more time - resale prices are so much less, that you can buy a timeshare on the resale market without financing or making payments.

Have you visited our forum where people GIVE AWAY TIMESHARES FOR FREE? -

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/bargain-deals.55/

tduane

Reaction score
So do just buy off Ebay? When you buy off there can you still pass it down to family?
Is maintenance fees more? Currently our yearly fee is only 500 for maintenance.
I'm intrigued

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are lots of places to buy, including eBay.

You can pass a timeshare down to family, but realistically, your heirs may or may not want to inherit something they have to pay for every year - that's another conversation.

Maintenance fees are the same - the price depends on what you buy.

BUT - you shouldn't worry about that right now - you should read the article above and get your rescission letter ready to mail tomorrow.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
So do just buy off Ebay? When you buy off there can you still pass it down to family?
I'm intrigued

The time to answer these questions is later---AFTER YOU RESCIND.

Rescind first. Then do your homework. That will take time, but you will have it.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a small DVC points package. It is a GREAT deal if you only go every 3 years .... SAVE "Year 1" DVC points (within the DVC system). "Year 2" use the saved "year 1" points, the current "year 2" points and BORROW the "year 3" points for the POINTS needed to book the resort, season and unit size you NEED.

A better deal is SAVE YEAR 1 to use with YEAR 2 points. Book late in YEAR 2 (say November) and get Annual Passes for the family. In YEAR 3, borrow YEAR's 4 points to get a 2nd DVC vacation to USE the previously brought APs.

Some owners, only use their DVC points to book midweek stays .. avoiding the weekend days HIGH points needed to stay onsite. Of course, you can STAY in a weekend offsite locale and STILL use your annual passes. Come in EARLY FRI morning to a 'alternate' lodging for FRI and SAT nights, check into DVC for Sun til FRI AM check out .. back to the motel for FRI and SAT nights. Remember, when NOT staying onsite ... you do NOT get access to EMH (extra magic hours).

Maybe a more experience/knowledgable DVC owner can answer .. if you checkout on FRI AM, can you still enjoy EMH in the morning or evening of that FRIDAY and if you have a reservation checkin in some afternoon, do you have access to those Early AM EMH?

frankf3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Wyndham points
Echo the earlier posts that suggest you rescind immediately. We own Wyndham, bought resale via ebay and find it a very good value.

If you read earlier posts on TUG regarding this topic, one key point....if you rescind now, you can buy this same deal (or better) any day in the future directly from Wyndham! Not that you'd ever want to. So, rescind is no chance of loss for you. The number of points you purchased (150k underlying) is pretty low. You can get double the points for $2000 (or less) on ebay. Same maintenance fees (although sales may lie and tell you your resale maintenance fees are higher). Same ability to reserve units.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I have a small DVC points package. It is a GREAT deal if you only go every 3 years .... SAVE "Year 1" DVC points (within the DVC system). "Year 2" use the saved "year 1" points, the current "year 2" points and BORROW the "year 3" points for the POINTS needed to book the resort, season and unit size you NEED.

A better deal is SAVE YEAR 1 to use with YEAR 2 points. Book late in YEAR 2 (say November) and get Annual Passes for the family. In YEAR 3, borrow YEAR's 4 points to get a 2nd DVC vacation to USE the previously brought APs.

Some owners, only use their DVC points to book midweek stays .. avoiding the weekend days HIGH points needed to stay onsite. Of course, you can STAY in a weekend offsite locale and STILL use your annual passes. Come in EARLY FRI morning to a 'alternate' lodging for FRI and SAT nights, check into DVC for Sun til FRI AM check out .. back to the motel for FRI and SAT nights. Remember, when NOT staying onsite ... you do NOT get access to EMH (extra magic hours).

Maybe a more experience/knowledgable DVC owner can answer .. if you checkout on FRI AM, can you still enjoy EMH in the morning or evening of that FRIDAY and if you have a reservation checkin in some afternoon, do you have access to those Early AM EMH?

This is a lot of DVC-specific information in response to a person who has said that they will probably only ever visit Disney once and who needs to focus on rescinding right now.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, resale MFs are lower in Wyndham ... you are NOT paying the 2 cents per thousand/points for having some direct buyer benefits. So, 140,000 point resale contract is $2.80 cheaper in MFs per year. ;) A resale buyer does not have" "Plus Partners" benefits.

tduane

Reaction score
We are driving back from Tennessee to Michigan. We plan on rescinding tomorrow because we bought on Friday.
Then buy via ebay. We were just worried if we buy ebay that we would be stuck with a share from someone who owes thousands and not finding out until we have bought it.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
If you are still within the rescission period you should rescind - you can buy the same thing on the resale market for a fraction of the price.

The last time I checked, the Bonnet Creek Shuttle was $5 per person, per day.
uber/lyft is quicker and easier and cheeper vs. 5 pp.

as others have said rescind if you can. otherwise enjoy wyndham its a great way to make memories.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No matter where you buy a timeshare, you get a deed [or certificate of ownership, depending on where you buy,] that must be registered with the county, and the resort management company. What is owed on a timeshare is not a secret, and an expereinced timeshare closing company can request an estoppel letter from the management company that discloses this kind of info.

That being said - you need to slow way down and learn a lot more about timesharing before you buy:

1) There are a lot of timeshare systems in the world, and you don't know if Wyndham is the best fit.

2) Timeshare sales people lie, so much of what you have been told is not true.

I recommend that do your research for 6 months before you make a decision - so you don't make another big mistake.

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you visited our forum where people GIVE AWAY TIMESHARES FOR FREE? -

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/bargain-deals.55/
MFs are actual lower on resale contracts because the program fee is a little less on resales.
Look at the pink sticky thread at the top of the Wyndham forum “2017 MFs”. There you can compare MF rates for different resorts.
Most free offerings are at high MF resorts and I wouldn’t recommend taking those.
You are better off buying at a low MF resort for $5-$10 per thousand points. 150,000 point contract with low MFs for $1,500.00 or less

I do not remember anyone posting that they bought a resale contract on eBay that had a undisclosed loan or lien on the contract.
Most sellers guarantees the contract to be free and clear.

If you check your contract you probably only received 250k bonus points one time and have 2 years to use them. You don’t get 250k for 2018 and 250k for 2019.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
No matter where you buy a timeshare, you get a deed that must be registered with the county, and the resort management company.
Wrong. No deed with Club Wyndham Access. Just a piece of paper as a certificate of ownership