• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney sets aside cruises for timeshare customers

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Disney sets aside cruises for timeshare customers
https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Disney-sets-aside-cruises-for-timeshare-customers

Travel Weekly / May 17, 2018

“Disney Cruise Line will sail two charter cruises in 2019 exclusive to its Disney Vacation Club members.

The first, a five-day Pacific Coast sailing on the Disney Wonder, is set for May 15. The second is a seven-day cruise to Bermuda aboard the Disney Magic that departs Oct. 5.

Bookings for both cruises open to Disney Vacation Club members on June 23.

Disney also announced itineraries for fall 2019 for cruises that will include Bermuda, the Bahamas, Baja California, Canada and the Caribbean....”

mj2vacation

Reaction score
Pretty typical, although nice to see a west coast cruise.

We had done the Member cruises a few times. My wife loves them, I enjoy a few events, but not worth the extra cost typically.

I did get to have a conversation with Roy Disney JR on a Member cruise before he passed away. Cool guy. Cared about that company. I got a laugh out of him at Eisner’s expense. He was just hanging at the coffee bar by himself and started talking to me. I did not even notice him when I walked in.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pretty typical, although nice to see a west coast cruise.

We had done the Member cruises a few times. My wife loves them, I enjoy a few events, but not worth the extra cost typically.

I did get to have a conversation with Roy Disney JR on a Member cruise before he passed away. Cool guy. Cared about that company. I got a laugh out of him at Eisner’s expense. He was just hanging at the coffee bar by himself and started talking to me. I did not even notice him when I walked in.

Seriously considering it...are there a lot of things for grown ups?

mj2vacation

Reaction score
We enjoy them. Our kids are older teens and young 20s and they would rather go on Disney cruises than anything else.

They’re not into characters, they just love being on the ships.

My wife and I hit the adult restaurants Pali is very good and Remy is phenomenal.

The spas are nice. We get the rainforest pass, there are a few different showers and scrubs to use.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
We enjoy them. Our kids are older teens and young 20s and they would rather go on Disney cruises than anything else.

They’re not into characters, they just love being on the ships.

My wife and I hit the adult restaurants Pali is very good and Remy is phenomenal.

The spas are nice. We get the rainforest pass, there are a few different showers and scrubs to use.

Thanks, I just have a hard time justifying the added cost for the "member cruises".

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney Cruise Line is first class for adults and children. Outstanding food, service, shows, children activities and their cabins are very large & private.
I feel you better book early because these cruises will sell out fast IMHO.
We have sail with Disney Cruise Line two (2) times and both cruises were Excellent.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DCL cruises in general are totally worth the price premium if you have kids or teenagers. One of the things we most love is that they are perfect for multi-generational cruises - we've taken our kids and our parents a number of times and there is something for everyone.

I also think DCL cruises are very much worth it for adults 40-60 even if you don't have kids along - I've been on four DCL cruises without kids. The service and food are exemplary and most cruise lines either focus on the 18-39 yr old market or the 60+ market.

As for the DVC member cruises they are only for true Disneyphiles. If it warms the cockles of your heart to get unique Disney swag and/or get to meet people involved in the creation of the Disney universe then go. Otherwise just go on a 'normal' DVC cruise.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney Cruise Line is first class for adults and children. Outstanding food, service, shows, children activities and their cabins are very large & private.
I feel you better book early because these cruises will sell out fast IMHO.
We have sail with Disney Cruise Line two (2) times and both cruises were Excellent.
We find them roughly the same as RCCL (with variations both ways) for a signifiant premium. We'll do another because of the grandkids but don't see the value otherwise.