• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney in RCI

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I correct in noticing that RCI isn't offering availability for Disney resorts anymore on the "weeks side"? I check DAILY, but haven't seen one single week offered for a Disney resort in months. Used to be that I'd at least see one a week pop up here and there (usually for Saratoga Springs).

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I see RCI for Disney resorts but not the Orlando ones, Vero Beach and HHI.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
To get the Orlando resorts, you have to put in an ongoing search as far as possible in advance.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
The best place for this discussion would be the Sightings forum, where there's an active thread for 2018 DVC sightings and matches. People have reported sightings and matches for the first quarter of 2018 within the past few weeks.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Don't just wait for something to appear online, enter an ongoing search. That is why you don't see anything. All of the renters of DVC exchanges are getting them through ongoing searches. Maybe you can rent from one of the people on eBay, most of which have the disclosure of the $190 fee for exchangers, which is a dead giveaway that it's an exchange. The rental rates are fairly cheap.

People are so oblivious. It's a great way to get your RCI membership taken away.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
... renters of DVC exchanges are getting them through ongoing searches. ... most of which have the disclosure of the $190 fee for exchangers, which is a dead giveaway that it's an exchange.

It's a great way to get your RCI membership taken away.
If only this were consistently enforced.

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
To get the Orlando resorts, you have to put in an ongoing search as far as possible in advance.
Figured that was the case. Not looking for a specific week at this time. We usually just grabbed a last minute one that showed up. We live in FL and have annual passes, so can go most anytime a week shows up.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You don't have to request a specific week - you can request the whole year, or the particular months or seasons you would like to go.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I wonder if availability is being affected by post-Irma re-balancing. Many reservations were impacted by the storms. Many DVC owners are complaining on other sites of the lack of "last minute availability" as they try to reschedule their earlier vacations into the coming months. Seems we have more interest than normal, fueled by an uptick in rescheduling, for the remaining fall intervals.

Perhaps DVC<>RCI agreed to reduce the number of inbound exchanges for a couple months until the rebalancing has worked itself out? I'd guess the intervals allotted to RCI from DVC weren't ready to expire and could be pushed into early 2018.

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
You don't have to request a specific week - you can request the whole year, or the particular months or seasons you would like to go.
Denise: This I did not know! Thanks. I thought you had to put in a specific week for on-going search. Will try a four month span to see if I can get anything, THANKS!

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I correct in noticing that RCI isn't offering availability for Disney resorts anymore on the "weeks side"? I check DAILY, but haven't seen one single week offered for a Disney resort in months. Used to be that I'd at least see one a week pop up here and there (usually for Saratoga Springs).

We stayed at Saratoga in March and August via RCI trade. Not sure if it was points or weeks. For a while, there were weeks popping up almost every week. Now is actually the busiest time for DVC members to book, so I'm not surprised at the lack of availablity.

stanleyu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been keeping an eye on this and have seen some listings come up in March and April; the ones I've seen have been for both weeks and points.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see RCI for Disney resorts but not the Orlando ones, Vero Beach and HHI.

Are you actually seeing availability for Vero or just that the code is there? I haven't seen that resort come up in years, which is a shame because we live right near there and would love to trade in again.

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about Vero and Hilton Head. It's not a resort I am interested in, but is was always part of my searchs and off season weeks would always pop up. Haven't seen anything in a long time.

And I agree about the hurricane throwing things off, especially when Disney did full refunds even without insurance. It was a very nice thing to do, but I sort of don't think it was fair to those who do buy the insurance for these reasons. I rarely get the insurance so I shouldn't say anything negative, but I know I am taking a chance and especially when you are scheduling during that time of year.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
In the past week I've seen several reservations at Saratoga Springs ranging from mid November through next March. However I'm a points owner not weeks and we see far more inventory.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you actually seeing availability for Vero or just that the code is there? I haven't seen that resort come up in years, which is a shame because we live right near there and would love to trade in again.

Just what I was thinking - would love another week at Vero.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't just wait for something to appear online, enter an ongoing search. That is why you don't see anything. All of the renters of DVC exchanges are getting them through ongoing searches. Maybe you can rent from one of the people on eBay, most of which have the disclosure of the $190 fee for exchangers, which is a dead giveaway that it's an exchange. The rental rates are fairly cheap.

People are so oblivious. It's a great way to get your RCI membership taken away.

I rent out my points on Redweek and I could never compete with Exchanger's Renting out their exchanged Disney weeks. They rent them out for much less money than I pay on my maintenance fees.
Luckily BCV is not often listed as an exchanged rental week on Redweek-- but I think HGVC owners do get to reserve Disney's Beach Club Villas with their points, and I think they do rent them out.