TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Gangs?

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Club - DVC' started by Maple_Leaf, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Maple_Leaf

Maple_Leaf Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Royal Dunes
    What's with these gangs of adults at Disneyland in Anaheim dressing up in biker colours taking over rides? With all their tattoos, bandanas, leather jackets and biker chick clothing they kinda look menacing but then they are kinda Mouseketeery and sometimes they have kids with them so how dangerous can they really be? Has anyone had any encounters with them?

2. rhonda

rhonda TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades, WinPointVIP
    Huh, how interesting. I've seen them I never knew it was "a thing." To my eyes, these "Social Clubs" are less obvious than the fun loving Dapper Days crowd. (Translation: My eyes easily pick out Dapper Days participants. Seems I see them everywhere ... but Social Clubs? Nah, they just sorta blend in. I hadn't realized they were 'organized.')

Story link, LA Times dated 2/9/2018: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disneyland-social-clubs-20180209-story.html

Maple_Leaf and ssreward like this.
  3. Maple_Leaf

Resorts Owned:
    Royal Dunes
    Thanks for the link. We happened to see a bunch of them and just steered clear, not knowing anything about them. A second group of them had a couple of kids in tow so I guess they weren't really that dangerous.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  4. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

We experience this at a L A Dodgers home games several years ago. We had paid for reserved seating on the first base side of the park. We informed the usher at the park of the problem and they gave us better seats at the park. The usher said something like leave them alone and we did. The Dodgers loss the game.

5. ssreward

ssreward TUG Member

They're not any more dangerous than any other Disney addict - same as the Dapper Day crowd (as mentioned above), Gay Days, or groups that make/wear matching shirts... I think it's sad to find out people are scared of them for no reason.

6. presley

presley TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

They are normal people who are part of a social club.

7. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    Seaside Oregon Residence Club
    Diamond Resorts Intermnational Hawaiian Collection 50,000
    Royal Solaris San Jose del Cavo
    I love watching the "Bikers" pull up in their Leathers, Chains, Tattoos, etc and then go into Starbucks and order their Lattes. Then go back out and sit on their Bikes as they visit and compare their Latte choices.

ssreward likes this.
  8. bnoble

bnoble TUG Member

Don't judge a book by its cover.

tahoe and Steve Fatula like this.
  9. vacationhopeful

vacationhopeful TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ft Lauderdale Beach, Wyndham Santa Barbara, Wyndham Royal Vista, Wyndham Sea Gardens, Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos)
    Frat boys get their Greek letters tattoo, too.

Was amazed as to how many people are getting the Eagles Super Bowl victory stuff ... dates, players numbers, players names, roman numbers of the game & score, etc tattoo in the PHL area. It is all over the TV news.

That to me is an "NFW" option.

10. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

No worries. They are social clubs out having fun. They are typically baby boomer and Xer accountants by day (aka boring job). They have to make considerable $$$ to buy Harleys.

A local biker club in our area does a turkey ride every year and then comes into the local non-profit to donate food and assistance with serving meals.

ssreward likes this.
  11. Maple_Leaf

Resorts Owned:
    Royal Dunes
    Don't feel sad for us, we're Canadians. To us it's kinda bizarre for adults to pretend to be bikers in public in front of strangers, especially at a kids amusement park, but whatever, we don't claim to understand American culture. That's why I was asking and now I know something I didn't before.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Egret1986 and clifffaith like this.
  12. ssreward

ssreward TUG Member

I don’t think they’re pretending, I’d guess many/most also ride. Motorcycles get the best parking so I would if I had one, lol! But I’m mystified about what’s inappropriate about demin & leather...why wouldn’t someone wear it in public?

And I’m not sad for you, I’m sad for the people you’re judging...

13. Caligirlfrtx

Caligirlfrtx Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION
    We were there Christmas before last. We didn't see them however we did see a bunch of guys with tattoos on their heads. Running joke for us now.

14. PamMo

PamMo Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Wow! Disney "gangs" were on yesterday's NPR episode of "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me". Tuggers are so topical!!!! :D

Local bikers sponsor a wildly successful Marine "Toys for Tots" ride around here, so no surprise that some of those softies are Disney fans.

Limace likes this.
  15. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark
    I think people assume "biker" means "Hell's Angels." For some bikers, it probably does. But there are many more clubs that are social gatherings among like-minded bike-riding adults that have nothing to do with crime or gangs or violence. The leather and denim is smart road gear for a motorcycle - it can protect you from serious danger if the bike goes down. A lot of bikers are Veterans. One local group to me does precision riding skills, weaving back and forth in tight formations, as they ride around a parking lot. They put on exhibitions at schools and fairs and car shows, as they raise money for charities.

Bikers at Disneyland seems no better or worse than other club days there. I'd bet if Mickey could tuck his ears into a helmet, he'd be a motorcycle rider, too. ;)

Dave

Steve Fatula likes this.
  16. Bailey#1

Bailey#1 TUG Member

I live in Vermont on a scenic road, in June, Lake George NY has their bike week, and Laconia NH has their bike week a week later. Maybe I see 300-400 bikes pass my farm. They are all good people, nothing to be afraid of, average age is in the 50's - 60's, some are doctors, some business owners, some are teachers. I think its great!

swditz likes this.