TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $11,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $11Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Aulani - loved it! (pictures)

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Club - DVC' started by littlestar, Jan 12, 2019 at 9:53 AM.

1. littlestar

littlestar TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Disney, Marriott, FWM & Wyndham pts
    997E6001-017B-4D1C-B3C9-D9904E57C01C.jpeg We visited Hawaii last month and got a chance to stay at Disney’s Aulani resort. The resort was beautiful. If we lived on the west coast instead of the Midwest, we would visit annually. We had 27 people in our travel group and had units at Aulani, Marriott Ko Olina, Wyndham Waikiki Beachwalk, and Hilton Kalia Suites. All the timeshares we booked were wonderful (even lucked out with ocean views at Hilton Kalia on RCI exchanges), but the ocean view units at Aulani were my favorite. The above picture was our 16th floor ocean view 2 bedroom at Aulani.

GregT, chalee94, TravelTime and 3 others like this.
  2. littlestar

littlestar TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    27DE73B0-EDE4-4B8E-BD90-2D9E0A9FEBA2.jpeg Side view from our ocean view room at Aulani.

3. littlestar

littlestar TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    294C02E0-60E2-4022-8F25-30B2C3D94454.jpeg Infiniti pool at Aulani.

TravelTime and alwysonvac like this.
  4. littlestar

littlestar TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    26246230-F102-4B2A-BE16-886594BAF6F3.jpeg Beach side walking path from Marriott Ko Olina to Aulani.

5. littlestar

littlestar TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    0BCFFC12-BB75-466E-AAA8-87EA5211D0F2.jpeg Another view from the Infiniti pool

6. littlestar

littlestar TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
  7. littlestar

littlestar TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    770FAF48-1D40-4520-B374-0E5F943C54CC.jpeg Lobby with story pictures

8. TheHolleys87

TheHolleys87 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    DVC Boardwalk Villas, Shell Hawaii Club
    Thanks for the photos. We stayed at Marriott Ko ‘Olina several years ago and visited Aulani. I was blown away by how gorgeous it is and how much effort Disney put into making it look Hawaiian instead of any other beachfront high rise in the world. Hope to stay there some day!

alwysonvac, TravelTime and littlestar like this.
  9. littlestar

littlestar TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
  10. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

To the OP, thanks for sharing your photos, Hawaii is on our bucket list for 2020.

11. alwysonvac

alwysonvac TUG Lifetime Member

Thanks for the pics.
    How were the crowds during your December stay? Did you go before Christmas/New Year’s?

littlestar likes this.
  12. littlestar

littlestar TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    The crowds were not bad at the beginning on the 12th of December, but I could see an increase by the weekend. I booked 2 two bedrooms, a standard studio, and a couple of garden view studios with my Saratoga points. I booked the units at 8 am when the 7 month window opened and I booked the standard and garden views first because I knew ocean view goes last.

We only stayed at Aulani for 3 nights. Then our group moved over to units at Marriott Ko Olina, Hilton Kalia Suites, and Wyndham Waikiki Beachwalk. It was a fun trip. We were able to watch the Billabong surfers on the north shore which was amazing! And we were able to see Hawaii decorated for Christmas for the first time. I liked the grass skirts on the Christmas trees.

I did get my niece a studio for December 22nd at Aulani, but the availability was definitely tighter. My niece joined DVC (bought direct thru Disney at OKW) about a month before our trip and she added a night to the 22nd by stalking the DVC site.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 3:39 PM
    alwysonvac likes this.