• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Difficulty Searching for RCI Extra Vacations

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has something changed recently with the behavior of RCI's search engine? Lately when I try to search for Extra Vacations (for cash stays only), the search reverts to 'Search for a Vacation' (points cost) as soon as I try to narrow the search (e.g. by region and/or date). Is anyone else experiencing this? In case it makes any difference, I have to navigate through my DVC member account to get to my RCI account.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
When I sign in using our RCI Points acct and search for Extra Vacations, I see the cash value even when I narrow the search to a region then down to a state &/or town. I do not recall ever seeing a points value for a week except when I search for an exchange.

~Diane

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I sign in using our RCI Points acct and search for Extra Vacations, I see the cash value even when I narrow the search to a region then down to a state &/or town. I do not recall ever seeing a points value for a week except when I search for an exchange.
~Diane
Same here until very recently (the last couple of days). I got around the issue by entering a specific resort in the Extra Vacations search box and letting all the dates for it come up. Otherwise, the issue is still there (I just checked) when I try to use any of the selections on the left nav. I suspect there may be a technical issue specific to going through the DVC portal.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I search in Weeks, almost every day, and I have not noticed anything unusual. Let me go do it, and describe what I'm doing.

*Click on RCI
*Click on Sign In
*Click on Vacation Search and Deposit
*Select:
Search For All Vacations
*Click on:

I did it that way because you specified Extra Vacations. Actually what I do is select based on whatever RCI's almost-daily email notice says, whatever the current sale is on, and I almost always select Last Calls once I have the Search Results and can add them.

Select Extra VacationsSM getaways are now
40% OFF*

PS: There's Last Calls at 188 US Resorts right now . . . $269 and $294.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Based on your post, I'll try a different path, though I'll have to start through the DVC portal, so my user experience will still be different from yours. The two screen shots show what I'm seeing. The first is the main page showing Extra Vacation - Browse All Resorts. In the example shown, I clicked on Pacific Coast to the left. Another page came up showing resorts with cash stay dollar amounts. So far, so good. But then when I clicked California, note that on the second screen shot, the dollar amounts became point values (presumably how many DVC points needed to exchange) even though the breadcrumb at the top left of the page still shows Home >> Extra Vacations >> Results. I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I'll probably need to call DVC about it.

Extra Vacations Main Page.png CA Specific Page.png

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In the WorldMark portal, we have 3 symbols under the available units, rather than the points range.
For Exchange, there are opposite facing arrows
For Extra Vacation, there are two coins
For Last Call, there is an alarm clock

I included the screen shots in the next post.

Last edited:

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Screenshot of Exchange below:
upload_2019-4-14_11-14-48.png

Screenshot of Extra Vacations below:
upload_2019-4-14_11-17-15.png

Screenshot of Americana Village prices below:
upload_2019-4-14_11-18-35.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-14_11-14-30.png
    upload_2019-4-14_11-14-30.png
    269.3 KB · Views: 16

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Same here until very recently (the last couple of days). I got around the issue by entering a specific resort in the Extra Vacations search box and letting all the dates for it come up. Otherwise, the issue is still there (I just checked) when I try to use any of the selections on the left nav. I suspect there may be a technical issue specific to going through the DVC portal.

Yes, I think is some sort of technical issue. I just logged onto RCI again and still only see cash values, not points. Is there a way for you to report it?

~Diane

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup, I can call DVC Member Services about it (everything DVC goes through them, even if it's related to RCI thru Disney). I'll probably call them in the next day or so.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called DVC about it today. It turns out they are already aware of the issue. RCI is working on it but no ETA. In the meantime, DVC members can still use the workaround I mentioned earlier.