TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Did you give away or adopt a timeshare on the Bargain Deals forum?

Discussion in 'Free Timeshare Giveaways and Bargain Deals' started by DeniseM, Jan 25, 2011.

1. csxjohn

csxjohn TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Tropic Shores, 2br. Summer Bay, 3br L/O. Bluegreen Pts.
    You're right, I mis-read your post.

2. Magic1962

Magic1962 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
    I was trying to look back and see if I had posted on here, but didn't see it... yes I gave away a Vacation Village 74,000 points last year.... only took a couple of days and it was snatched up.... Dave:hi:

3. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Happens a lot with the similar Disney names. We visited Orlando, and decided we liked the Anaheim weather a lot better.

4. stibby1942

stibby1942 Guest

Pure RCI points to give away

I have 30,000 pure RCI points that I no longer want.

The next lot of maintenance is due at the beginning of november, so I would ideally like to get rid of them before then.

Additionally there is another 48000 points from previous years that I haven't used.

Need to find out the maintenance costs but from memory think they are around the £400 mark.

Quite happy to give these away, just not sure on the best way to do it.

Any help would be gratefully received.

5. BevL

BevL TUG Lifetime Member

You're in the right forum, but you should be posting an ad, not responding to this thread.

Here's a very informative thread that hopefully will help you. It includes a link to an ad that contains the type of information you need. I'd suggest you browse through the bargain forum ads for ideas on how to construct an effective ad.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  6. glmyers

glmyers TUG Member

It took a few weeks, but finally connected with a couple who are familiar with The Jockey Club in Vegas and wanted one of my weeks there. I'm confident they will enjoy it for many years to come; thank you TUG for making it possible.

7. SnowflakesMom

SnowflakesMom Guest

Who did you go through handle the transaction?

Could you tell me what service providers you used to handle this transaction? For example did you go through a title company? Or did you use some other sort of agency to facilitate?

8. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

To give away a timeshare, someone has to legally prepare the transfer Docs, new deed, and file them with the county registrars office, and the resort.

This is the title company that I use - their fees are usually about $150-$200. Please note that they prepare the transfer paperwork - they don't sell your timeshare.

L.T. Transfers
    Lisa Short and Mary Pless
    http://www.lttransfers.com/
    readylegal@gmail.com

More Info. about how to give your timeshare away on TUG:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  9. SnowflakesMom

SnowflakesMom Guest

Thanks Denise! I appreciate the recommendation. I emailed Lisa tonight.

10. itradehilton

itradehilton TUG Member

We accepted a DRI. Deeded Lake Tahoe resort from a fellow Tugger. A 2bdr EOY.

11. blueskymine

blueskymine Guest

Gave away a 2 bedroom, every even year, at Westgate Vacation Villas.

Thank you for the bargain deals forum.

And a special recognition / thanks to Mary and Isabella at LT Transfers from Cleveland GA for taking care of all of the paperwork. Their promptness, attention to detail and thoroughness truly makes for an invaluable service.

12. jackio

jackio Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Sand Pebbles, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, Quarter House
    I am in the process of transferring my 2BR FoxRun to a TUGGER who saw it here on the bargain deals.

13. GrayFal

GrayFal TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Bluegreen WYN WestinStJohn VGV, SB & CV SVV Morritt's Seaside

Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Rusa

Rusa TUG Member

Thanks TUG! I sold my TS in 8 minutes!

Posted it here and had a buyer 8 minutes later. It's like a miracle! We finalized the deal today and we are both very happy campers. :banana:

Thanks so much for having this forum and bulletin board.

15. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Congratulations! :clap:

16. l0410z

l0410z TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Monarch Summer x 2, one enrolled. Grand Chateau 2 br EOY
    I gave away a 2 BR at Legacy Vacation Club Orlando ......It took a couple of bumps up to the top before it was taken. I have gotten good trade value from it during my 20 years of ownership and know so will the new owners.

This forum is value valuable to both the "seller" and the "buyer".

17. carmena79

carmena79 TUG Member

I got a free pono kai timeshare about a year ago

18. GinaMarty

GinaMarty TUG Member

Gave away Austria timeshare!

It took three months to find a buyer, and another month or so to get the transfer paperwork all done, but I'm amazed...it's DONE!

Listed it on the Bargains forum. Had a couple inquiries. Transfer was done through American Resorts International, the management company.

Thanks to the buyer for being willing to work with us!

It was a high season week at St. Johann im Pongau, with a banked week and we paid this years maint. fees. We're both happy!

19. Ourhouse

Ourhouse TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Jockey Club, Las Vegas
    Island Links, Hilton Head
    Recieved A Great Deal Thru TUG Bargain Deals!

I wanted to let members know that my family were the proud recipients of a Jockey Club week for FREE via the TUG Bargain Deals section!
    The previous owner had posted the week and we were able to work out a great arrangement. He did all the work with title, etc. and helped use work directly with The Jockey Club to make the transfer painless. After paying the 2016 Maintenance fees it was ours!!! WE COULDN'T HAVE BEEN ANY HAPPIER OR GOTTEN A BETTER DEAL! Thanks again Greg!

We had previously toured via the current sales team at The Jockey Club while on vacation July 2016. We had made a purchase agreement but canceled after finding TUG. Thank goodness for this site! Instead of $15,000 we got a better week with a great view of the Bellagio FOR FREE!!!!!

We are enjoying the unit as I type!
    Thanks again Greg & TUG!!!!

20. elleny76

elleny76 Guest

Hi Denise..How about if you are looking for a TS _bargain?..Where can we post? thanks :)

21. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

In the TUG Marketplace - linked in the red bar at the top of the page. The Bargain Deals forum rules do not permit points Ads, or "wanted," Ads - it's only for offers.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  22. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

i say this pop up on the list of "New Posts" and I realized that I have adopted a timeshare on the Bargain Deals Forum, but never commented about it here

In the first months after my first timeshare purchase (on ebay)(thats another story for another time) I saw an ad here for a week at the Avenue Plaza Resort in New Orleans current years fees paid and a reservation for Mardi Geas included in the price of $1

So I bought it. Bothe the seller and I are licensed realestate agents and felt we could prepare a deed and record it on our own and thats what we did, She paid the recording fees

I advertised the reservation on craigslist and the phone rang off the hook

Best deal I ever made, not so much because it was a great deal, but because I learned about New Orleans and Mardi Gras and rentals because of it

23. presley

presley TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I have just sent off the transfer paperwork for my Shell account to the new owner (a Tugger) from my ad in the bargain basement.

24. VegasBella

VegasBella TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Carlsbad Inn
    Avenue Plaza
    Riviera Beach & Spa
    I'm in the process of acquiring a bargain deal week. I'll post more when it's finalized. But if all goes smoothly we are going to be very happy with our new ownership :)

25. lseiberling

lseiberling TUG Member

lseiberling

I am so excited that I have transferred my 13000 Bluegreen points to another TUG member. We did this through Bluegreen with a $450 transfer fee that we split. I did not received any money for these points but I am happy as I don't have to pay the $1100+ maintenance fees every year. I enjoyed Bluegreen. The resorts were always lovely, but the selling staff were so persistent. But I am very thankful to TUG by helping me make a contact to transfer.